Boom! The Jurgen Klopp Thread II (KLOPP LEAVING AT THE END OF THE SEASON)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Navieko, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Navieko

Navieko Member

Jun 23, 2006
    QLD Aus
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #1 Navieko, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Holy shit it's true!!

Honestly expected him to play out contract and then take a big break... This is amazing news for Liverpool and will bring nightmares to all rivals across the World.

This combined with the news about signing Mina is one heck of an awesome Christmas pressie for the fans! What a friggin time to be a supporter of this club. [emoji106]

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Best Christmas present ever !!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

delaynomo and newterp repped this.
  3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Best news ever. Two more years of conquering all of Europe.

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    also today ...

Jurgen gets the Manager of the Month award.

Mane gets the Player of the Month award.

CB-West repped this.
  6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wtf?

FSG is trolling us.

LiverpoolFanatic and CB-West repped this.
  8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'll take more of that kind of trolling any day.

CB-West repped this.
  9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :)
    The Liverpool Echo report that when speaking about committing himself to the European champions, the Leeds-born player claimed that his decision to stay encouraged his manager to do the same.

“Obviously the gaffer waited to sign his dependent on whether I signed mine, so that makes me a feel bit more important!”, the 33-year-old quipped.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  10. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    “Boring”

Wingtips1 and newterp repped this.
  11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey it’s Europa Thursday. Troll troll troll.

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It official now we've got "the lean" photo in here. :)

[​IMG]

13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And if that's not enough- how about this one? ;)

[​IMG]

14. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Best news yet.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dont you guys think you're falling a bit too quickly for the charismatic German leader? "Conquering Europe" :ROFLMAO:

16. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    i'm so glad to see our boss renew his contract, i'm so optimistic he's gonna help the reds to win the EPL this season.

anyone is also optimistic the reds win the title? :)

17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Don't forget them holding out on our (potential) new Japanese guy Minamino

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    stop waffling Jurgen - tell us what you really think :)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-slams-absolute-b-21098634
    Jurgen Klopp slams ‘absolute b******’ Champions League proposal amid mounting injuries

“Today I read an article that the top clubs want more games in the Champions League, I am not involved in these plans so that is absolute b******* as well.

“We can talk about everything but we have to cut off games, not put more in. Until then we have to do what we do and we will do that, we're positive about it."

19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's going to really shit when he hears about the new Club World Cup they want to do over the summer...

20. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It is amazing news that Klopp has signed through 2024.

When he initially signed for the 7 years, I made the prediction that we'd win 2 league titles, a CL, and two cups (FA/League) during his tenure, that we'd be considered one of the 'big boys' of Europe again, and that he'd be widely considered the greatest modern manager of our club.

What I, and so many others, missed was that we never foresaw just how good he is tactically. His ability to adapt and innovate is unlike any other manager in the world right now and is reminiscent of a certain scotch that led our rivals to a period of sustained success.

It feels as if the decision to extend was an easy one for him as the team that has been built around him (scouting, commercial, academy/first team staff) allows him to feel less pressure than a manager typically would feel running a club our size. A lot of praise has to be given to FSG, as well, for their running of the club is allowing the best manager in the world to flourish to levels none of us saw coming.

Navieko, asitis and newterp repped this.
  21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow! nice predictions. I can't recall what I predicted apart from that I thought we'd become really good again. I don't think I was expecting the league just because it looked like our team was still a bit of a mess for a long run, but I think I did expect some Cup success (including CL).

I do recall how many fans and journalist/pundits kept devaluing his accomplishments in Germany as - it's Germany and Bayern were down. They thought his last season was more normal for some reason.

And of course now it's 1) he's just a cheerleader, 2) look how much they spent, 3) luckiest team alive, 4) the league is terrible, and 5) all he has won is mickey mouse cups (the fans devaluing the CL are incredible - same ones that placed its importance above all else when we lost to Real).

Finally - as for the Super Cup and CWC....you can't even get into those unless you are CL champions. So call them mickey mouse all you want - but the jealousy is so obvious.

Navieko, el-capitano and Wingtips1 repped this.
  22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has evolved. As mentioned in one of Honigstein's recent articles. He did develop the concept of gegenpressing out of the fact of always being the David. First at Mainz then at an almost bankrupt Dortmund. When Dortmund peaked under him just like at Liverpool his teams always had their best games against the big teams. When they faced a team bunkering they did not have a plan for having to attacking a tight defense. This changed in the last 1-2 years. Dont know if he deserves credit for being one of the best out there tactically wise but at the very least for seeing this deficiency and for implementing change

23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The German spoke to BBC Radio 5 Live's At Home With Colin Murray podcast - here's his best five answers.

What part of the job do you not like?
    "It is a very intense job but I have done it for 19 years - and if I didn't do it, I would have another intense job. It pays my bills but to be constantly under observation is not nice.

"The first sip of a pint and you are live on social media. I have no problem telling people to respect my borders."

How did you prevent inflated egos after Madrid?
    "The conscious decision we made with the boys was, as Liverpool players, it was not about winning one thing. It is about winning and there is no limit. The moment we did it was important - but it did not give us a feeling it was done.

"We like to think we would meet up in 20 to 30 years, look back and mix up the years. Was it 2019 or 2020?

"So far, so good. We try to squeeze everything we can get from our time together. There is no pressure, it is just opportunity."

How do you maintain respect while making difficult decisions?
    "All my former players have my number and we stay in contact. I support them still, apart from the moment we play each other. If we win 5-1 I would prefer my former player scores the one. It is like a family and friends forever.

"When I was a very young manager [at Mainz] and I knew my players did not earn very much, I had to tell some of my best friends they would not get another contract and I did not know which way it would go for them. Now it is a different level and I do not put the players on the streets, they will find another club.

"I do not push them in a dark room and leave them there. The future is still bright for them, and sometimes it is not the right place in our team any more.

"It is being completely honest in these moments, it is not that I enjoy it. Everything has its time and it's the same with a contract as well. I have never kept a player because I like him so much."

Who is the biggest surprise at Liverpool?
    "I have known Trent Alexander-Arnold since he was 17 years old. He was a big talent but we were not sure he could do it physically. Now he is a machine - so he is a big surprise."

Who is your idol?
    "[Tennis great] Boris [Becker] is the same age group as me and he is my hero. When he was 17 in 1985 and won his first Wimbledon, it was one of the biggest days in my life too. My wife and his former wife organised a meeting because he was always on my non-existent bucket list. In that moment, I could not speak, which is difficult to believe.

"I always knew we could be really good friends - and for that evening, we behaved as such."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50820192
    Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool manager's five best answers from BBC Radio 5 Live podcast

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany