"Bon dia a tots!": The Other Teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Offnaldo is such a spoiled manchild.. a mammas boy and cry baby. I'm breaking the law but boo hoo hoo. It's disgusting to see a grown person act and behave like this. It's pathetic. Man up, pay and shut the ******** up.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Isn't it funny rumors have been around since the beginnnig of the year but this only came out after the season was over ?

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Confederations Cup. Portugal v Mexico

Interesting to see Gomes starting on the left of a four man midfield for Portugal. Selected ahead of Bernardo Silva even.

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Fernando Santos isn't smarter than Lucho. Also impressed by something not obvious to any one else with a common sense.

Rafa on the bench for Mexico [emoji33]

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Haha.. video ref strips portugal off an offside goal.. Imagine if that was used in CL [emoji55]

unclesox repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was an obvious one too. Watch linesmen get shy about making calls. Because if you miss it the other way, no video replay can fix the interruption of the play.

Umar and unclesox repped this.
  7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i don't care about Portugal, but it could help Barca sell him. its easier to sell a starter for the Euro Cup holders, so i'm ok with it. :D

8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    or in La Liga!! :eek:

celito, ShortyMac and unclesox repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A couple of controversial VAR calls in the Chile goal. Chile scored 2 goals which had strong VAR influence. The first one, which a lot of people are bitching about, was called off. I think it was offsides, but very little. As close as the tip of the boot. But hey, that's the rule.

The second one they didn't show a good enough replay for me and there is confusion if the VAR review was on the first pass or the rebound shot. The linesman actually raised the flag on the 2nd part of the play and not the 1st. There was no offsides on the 2nd part, the linesman probably got confused because the goalie was out and "ahead" of the ball, but there were 2 defenders "behind" it. But on the first through ball, there was a hint of offsides, I am not sure from the replay they showed.

At first review, it takes them a bit too long to review some of the plays IMO. They will have to figure out how to do it quicker. I am not sure if they are using technology to call offsides or just human review of video replay. It's probably the latter.

And people will bitch, because that's what they like to do. There will be an adaptation period from everybody if this gets adopted. No transition is ever easy.

unclesox and Forzabarca repped this.
  10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Some in the RM forum are saying VAR is going to ruin football. I wonder why :whistling:

11. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't stand LPB and think it will ruin football. I understand the sport is now a giant financial enterprise and one mistake could have 100s of millions in consequences but VAR takes the flow out of the game more than two squads of diving South American teams ever could.

I don't mind goal line technology because it is instant. VAR is not an answer to any on-field issues.

James

unclesox repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't mind sacrificing a little break in the flow as long as the upside is more accurate calls. At least for offside calls. While offsides is a big thing, PKs can be even bigger. For PKs I think it can get hairy because it can be very subjective unless it's a very obvious call.

13. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Congratulations for the women team for winning the spanish cup :thumbsup: , winning against Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the final .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Huge disrespect being shown by Ronaldo towards Real Madrid.

If you really want to leave, just say it openly. Their fans are being taken for a ride.

Let's see if Real Madrid has any self-respect, and still begs him to stay.

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#5840 Forzabarca, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
    I don't understand all this bitching in the media etc about VAR. Yesterdays games show clearly that wrong decisions are made very frequently in football and after som adaptation period I think it will benefit fair play. I don't give a shit about flow of the game being ruined as long as offside goals and diving etc gives penalties. Everyone likes to bitch until their team loses a game in a controversial situation.. They they bitch about why there isn't more technology used for fair play and results.

Also Vargas was offside.. No doubt! His whole upper body was leaning in offside.

And there are way more controversial incidents as offside and penalties happening in a game than doubts about ball crossing the goal lines.

celito, Umar and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    As long as refs give proper benefit of the doubt to the attacker, VAR is good for the game.

It's great in cricket and tennis, and although they are more "stop start" than football, foootball has a lot of breaks for thrown ins, fouls etc also. Getting a big decision right is better than having a flowing game where the match is tainted by a bad call which affects the result.

I think it should be like in cricket - each team should have the ability to demand a review of a decision a fixed number of times per game (one or three per game, for example), otherwise the only person who can ask for a review unlimited times is the ref. That will stop players like Neuer claiming offside for every single attack.

The only problem as @celito said is when the player is through on goal and gets wrongly called offside, player stops and then gets the decision reviewed and changed. You can't really fix the situation unless you make sure the assistants don't call offside if there are any doubts at all.

Deep Pal and puyol repped this.
  17. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i recall after the world cup in japan-korea i heard of several companies trying to create an offside technology that tells the officials instantly that a play is offside or not using a chip in the ball and making each player carry another device

if a player pass the ball to another from the same team the AI checks if the receiving player is in an offside position or not , problem was i heard that if two opposing team players are very close ( like both competing for a header ) it becomes hard for the AI to figure out which one made the pass or something like that

btw at home we see the replay after 5 seconds and know if it was offside/goal/pk/red/etc how come it takes over a minute ( sometimes even 2 minutes ) for the officials to figure it out !?!?! aren't they using ear-pieces to hear each other quick ?

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Because they just like to complain. How many years were they complaining about not having technology ? Now that some progress is being made, they bitch at the first sign of "controversy".

And abou breaking the flow of the game....taking an additional 30 secs or min to review a goal, which is a flow stopping event, is not really breaking the flow of the game. Some people are bitching that it will subdue some goal celebrations because every goal will be reviewed.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For that lad part you need real automated offside technology.

20. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This scenario came up in Portugal-Mexico...

Cristiano free kick hit the wall, rebound out to Pepe who lobbed a high ball into the box. At this point it was offside but linesman kept his flag down.
    Play continued, ball eventually arrived to Cristiano who crashed a shot against the crossbar. Rebound to Nani who scored.
    VAR ruled offside on the Pepe lob, so Portugal goal wiped off.

What if things played out a bit differently.

Cristiano free kick hit the wall, rebound out to Pepe who lobbed a high ball into the box. At this point it was offside but linesman kept his flag down.
    Play continued,ball eventually intercepted by Mexico, quick counter results in valid looking goal.
    VAR showed offside on Pepe lob, so does Mexico goal get wiped off?

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

VAR ruin Flow off the game they say.. Please but the playacting and rolling on the ground in pain, getting stretched out after 3-5 min and players surrounding ref for 5min to complain also ruin the flow or are those perfectly fine and part of the beautiful game?

Wanna slap every single one complaining. Don't give a shit if Pepe celebration and joy is ruined etc. Some are just too dumb.

celito repped this.
  22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    IFAB’s philosophy regarding VARs is “minimum interference, maximum benefit”.
    The question VARs seek to answer is not “was the decision right?” but rather "was the decision clearly wrong?”.
    Vargas goal should have stood.

23. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The actual play time average per half is 22-23 minutes , thats 44-46 minutes in the entire match which means half of the 90 minutes is wasted

throw ins , goal kicks , fouls , subs , injuries , corner kicks , etc and all that doesn't ruin the flow of the game ?!?!? i agree with you some people have no logic in that regard

waste half of that time to determine the correct result by enforcing fair play using VAR , anyone who doesn't want that to happen is scared that it would negate the chance to influence refs to help them out , because there is no way in hell that a ref watching a super slow motion replay on a 4k 60+ inch TV monitor and still getting it wrong is not bribed in a way or another

Forzabarca repped this.
  24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Belive me LPB and Perez can still make 1m offside goal legit despite VAR [emoji23]

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest