Boca en la Libertadores 2015: vs River May 14(r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 17, 2015.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hear Cubas is starting instead of Meli..

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he is 100% physically I'd rather see Cubas. That's saying a lot, considering he is an 18 year old kid and Meli is a solid veteran.

3. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    This has been tough to watch thus far. Boca is completely out of sorts and River is firing on all cylinders. That said, if we can remember how to play in the 2nd half, Boca is winning this match.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que asco de partido, da ganas de vomitar!

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Asco de partico, asco de cancha, asco de hinchada, el arbitro un asco, river un asco, y bueno, boca tambien un asco hoy.

6. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Una cancha llena a puro ********

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Asco el arbitro? Si le mostro una roja dudosa a teo (para muchos era solo amarilla) y ahora se pierde la revancha... y encima lo perdono a cubas como 15 veces..

Ya se que estas enojado por perder el clasico (es logico), pero tampoco digas pavadas..

Ron Mexico repped this.
  8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #108 argentine soccer fan, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Pavadas? Y la patada karateka de Funes Mori? Y la agresión de plancha carnicera de Vangioni? Y la trompada pugilista de Sánchez? Y así fue todo el partido. El árbitro es el mas culpable de todos por el fiasco, porque dejó pegar a todos y por eso nadie pudo jugar al fútbol que sabemos que son capaces de jugar. Ni Boca ni River pudieron jugar. Recién al final, con el partido prácticamente definido, se animó a sacar una roja para compensar por todas las que no sacó antes por cobarde. La verdad, un asco el árbitro. Ojalá en la Bombonera los dejen jugar al fútbol, y que salga un buen partido.

bustos21 repped this.
  9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pero bueno, lo de Delfino ya es anecdótico. La verdad, más allá del penal fortuito (bien cobrado) y de la mano que quizá se podría haberse cobrado en la otra area, es que Boca hoy también fue un desastre total y no mereció mejor suerte. Este equipo da para mucho mas, pero van a tener que plantear y jugar el partido de una manera muy distinta para tener una chance legítima de darlo vuelta en la Boca.

10. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I had the same feeling you had I went to bed so upset. I was so pissed off with Boca, Riber, the referee but hopefully the return leg will be different...

argentine soccer fan repped this.
  11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is tough to do, but I don't want to give up doing it just because we lost. In good times and bad times, here are my evaluations: Horrible, horrible game from our guys.

Orion 6: Not much work. Made some good saves and was fooled on a well executed penalty.

Marin 3: Stupid penalty after falling down, and horrible defending all game.

Diaz 5: Got injured early and had to leave.

Torsiglieri 5: Solid game, nothing special.

Colazo 5: Close to scoring with a nice shot, but very little for the most part.

Gago 4: At times he was the only one trying to play, which led to brutal reprisals from the gallinas under the complacent eye of the ref. But he played poorly. His horrible pass that led to the penalty and other mistakes.

Cubas 5: Conditioned early by a yellow and looked tired. got caught up in the fighting.

Perez 5: Another one who was constantly hacked and got baited into fighting rather than playing. Had a chance that came close.

Lodeiro 4: Couldn't connect with Gago. Or with anybody, really.

Pavon 3: Looked very nervous and couldn't get anything going.

Calleri 4: Missed a great chance 1 on 1 against Barovero. The ball hardly ever got to him, and when it did he was promptly punished.

Burdisso 5: Came in for Cata and had a decent game.

Carrizo 4: Didn't make a difference.

Osvaldo: Came in at the end and got his head on one ball (barely).

VAMOS BOCA A DARLO VUELTA!!!

12. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    What a pathetic display all around. They at least tried at times in the 2nd half, but the first half was an utter horror show. It has to be asked, is Gago healthy? That was just a dismal display. That goal is all on him. A lazy pass to the center of the pitch like that left Marin in no man's land. I honestly don't blame Marin too much.
    WTH is up with Lodeiro? Sure, he did have a couple of nice moments, but he went largely invisible. Cubas and Perez...ditto. That put a lot of pressure on the back line. Toriglieri & Diaz/Burdisso acquitted themselves well. Marin/Colazo not so well. I feel really badly for Calleri & Pavon, who I feel were trying but were let down by the midfield and the ref.

13. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets talk honestly about Delfinos management of the game. The guy had a terrible game, he acted all rough and tough dishing out justice when he didnt need to, Sanchez' yellow, and a bunch of other assorted fouls. But then shriveled up when it was time to call anything serious, im shocked he called the penalty in fact (which was kinda soft, but it was dumb and a penalty). He let everyone protest any call however they wanted, let Gago dive and complain about any little thing, Funez Mori step on faces and kick a guy square in the stomach(an idiot by the way, he had already won the ball easily). That play I didn't see happen in real time, so I dont know how it looked from his view but it was bad on replay. Sanchez is also an idiot even though it looked like he gave Gagos neck a little slap, which in the context of that game is pretty forgiveable.

Vangioni went in dangerously, but only got Gagos sock. I dont know why the world, not so much you guys, was so bothered by that play. Even in slow-mo Gagos leg didnt look effected by the contact and Vangionis foot didn't even move when all of said 'contact' occurred. Free Vangioni!

What screws you guys is the fact that Teo is out for the next game, now we can put in a player who actually runs. He ran a lot for Teo Gutierrez on thursday, but thats all about context. Id like to see Boye get some time, I think he could bring your laterales alot of trouble.

Itll be fun next week, but at this point we are in a more advantageous position. Good luck to all of you guys in your personal and professional lives, nothing else though. ;)

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Delfino was at fault for letting the players -from both sides- hit each other. Both coaches are also at fault. I think it is obvious that Gallardo wanted a fight over a game, based on the formation he chose, with his tough guy double five, and also based on how they came out to start the game and how they played.

But most of all I am very disappointed in El Vasco. I think Boca can beat River playing futbol, not fighting. (Used to be the other way around when I was a kid, but times have changed.) And yet El Vasco decided he wanted the team to fight. That's why he put Calleri over Osvaldo. That is why he put Marin over Peruzzi, that is why he put Cubas over Meli. Although in the case of Cubas I agreed with the decision, he is an excellent young DM, but he obviously got caught up in the fighting and forgot to play.

But why the F do we bring in great players like Osvaldo and Peruzzi and then when the potatoes burn we leave them on the bench? Doesn't make sense to me.

15. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was clearly strategic, and it clearly worked. Two cups in a year in fact it has worked. And as you noted, its the same style that brought Boca so much glory, so I know you know firsthand the benefits of it.

I also dont think its fair to say Gallardo wanted a fight over a game, because they thoroughly dominated Boca. It wasnt like the Sudamericana game last year where they didnt offer anything creative. I dont know, on one hand I love the result and I love the killer mentality which plenty of past River teams have lacked in past copas. On the other hand they were putting their own team greatly at risk with some of the things they did, to the point where it stopped being strategic.

Also has Peruzzi been good? he looked like a liabilty on sunday. And you know my thoughts on Osvaldo already, but the style of play is probably why he was not on the field. Cant you see him getting heated and punching a River player square in the face?

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca needs to beat River by two goals in order to advance. A 1-0 win would take it to penalties.

[​IMG]

Octavos de Final (Vuelta)
    Thursday May 14th
    21:15 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: Boca
    Ref: Darío Herrera

VAMOS BOOOOOCA A DARLO VUELTA!!!

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Likely Starters (4-3-3)
    [​IMG]

The surprises are Burdisso over Torsiglieri and Meli over Lodeiro.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Possible formation for River: Barovero; Mammana, Maidana, Funes Mori, Vangioni; Sánchez, Kranevitter, Ponzio, Martinez; Mora, Driussi.

19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #119 Burr, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    This is embarrassing.

The drone is hilarious but the rest, not so much.

locoxriver repped this.
  20. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Good job, morons. Thanks for ruining it for everybody. The stuff that goes through people's brains is unbelievable!

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This isnt even trying to cheat, its straight up a criminal act that boca allowed to happen. Absolutely disgusting.

22. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Always the fu#king same. Thanks a lot for making all of Argentineans feel shame. Always the same. When other countries call our players/fans "animals" its because of stuff like this.

23. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much this. It's frustrating for someone American born like me but wants to take pride in his heritage. I feel so alienated when this happens.

24. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was born in Argentina but now live in the US. The truth is, and its hard for Argentineans to admit it, there has been a degradation of order in Argentina. What we are seeing is not the disease, but rather a symptom of something much deeper.

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a shame. This is a disaster for Boca and for Argentine futbol, and for the country as a whole. This is what happens when hatred is allowed to flourish.

SupaMario repped this.