Boca defends its title in the joke of a torneo transitivo (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 14, 2016.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1 argentine soccer fan, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Sorry about starting this late. As I am embarking in a challenging new career after over 20 years of running my own business and then being an independent contractor, I'm not sure if I'll be able to contribute on a weekly basis as much as I used to. I'll do what I can, and this thread is for all bosteros and friends of Boca, and i suppose even a few gayina contributors who occasionally show up, to discuss Boca's participation in the most idiotic AFA tournament yet conceived.

Whatever we may think of the format of this tournament, Boca is defending the title, and being Boca, of course it's repeat or bust. Last week we got off to a bad start with a draw at Temperley in a very mediocre effort. It's time for Boca to start playing well and winning or else. If they continue underachieving El Vasco's job could be in jeopardy.

VAMOS BOCA!!!

Burr repped this.
  2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca receives Atlético Tucumán.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Sunday Feb 14
    19:15 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: La Bombonera
    Ref: Federico Beligoy
    VAMOS BOOOOOCA!!!!!!

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3 argentine soccer fan, Feb 14, 2016
    Lots of changes in the starting lineup, which is understandable given the poor preseason and start to the season. But the formation El Vasco apparently is rolling out is crazy.

With both Peruzzi and Jara injured, Boca will play Cata Díaz, Tobio and Insaurralde in a line of three. In midfield, Gago returns and the kids Cubas and Betancour start alongside Fabra. (Notable absent is Lodeiro). Up front Osvaldo makes his debut in the tournament next to Tevez, and Palacios gets his shot.

Likely lineup (3-4-3):

[​IMG]

I don't know about this. Three central defenders? Four defensive midfielders? WTF, Vasco, you've got to be kidding!

4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering where you were! Best of luck with things. So far it looks like Boca are treating this year as a joke as well. I don't know what the deal is and that lineup makes no sense to me either. Meanwhile Guillermo is waiting in the wings?

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The good thing for you, is that this absurd format has benefitted your team greatly. San Lorenzo, the team that embarrassed Wednesday, is in the other group. Instead you get Huracan, who almost descended last season, and could very well go down this year. You also don't have River, who beat you twice this summer and eliminated you twice in 6 months from two international tournaments. You also don't have Rosario Central, who played the best football in the 30 team tournament and lost a final to you under scandalous ciccumstances, instead you get Newell's who looks like relegation candidates and were pathetic in the 30 team tournament. The only big 5 team you got was Racing, who while I still rate, has only 1 point from two games against Atletico Tucuman and San Juan.

so while yes, this format is awful, no matter what happens I can't see any other result than boca winning its group and getting to the final. Other than Racing and Estudiantes, The rest of the teams you're competing against are Nacional B teams

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #6 argentine soccer fan, Feb 14, 2016
    What a piece of crap game! With that lineup it was predictable that they'd play like crap, but I still thought they could beat Atletico Tucuman.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We do get to play riBer, which is a good thing. In the last tournament Boca got to play riBer twice and interestlingly Boca was the only team in the whole tournament to get all six points from its clásico. Basically we kicked riBer's ass twice. Meanwhile San Lorenzo struggled with Huracan, they lost some key points. So, playing lowly riBer actually helped Boca down the stretch to be ahead of San Lorenzo. And it's a good thing we play them again, because the way we are playing we'll need all the points we can get. :D

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope el Vasco is out and we get el Guishe.

9. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9 Burr, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Well we beat San Martin de San Juan 1-0, Tevez scored, and RiBer lost so I guess I shouldn't complain much, but still... we could be a lot better. At least there were lots of chances, but gotta finish (and get better linesman, that Osvaldo goal.. cmon)!

Also weird seeing a soccer game in Argentina being played on a field with markings for a different sport. Thought that was only a USA thing. :p

1921 repped this.
  10. 1921

1921 Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Sarajevo
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I need some good web sites from Argentina actually place where I can read different fresh news about Boca and football from Argentina....language isn't important (mr. Google translate will help me :D ).

Send me on inbox

Thanx

11. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel if we'd taken a few more of our chances we would be feeling much better about the game. Overall I feel it was a good performance though, our poor pre-season seems to be taking a while to knck out of our system, hopefully we can kick on now.

On the positive side of thimgs, what a gem we have in Cubas.

12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to take over for ASF I guess. :D

Boca hosts Newell's Old Boys.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Saturday Feb 20
    21:15 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: La Bombonera
    Ref: Fernando Espinoza
    VAMOS BOOOOOCA!!!!!!

Likely lineup:

[​IMG]

Looks like the same as the last game, so they're sticking with what worked against San Martin.

Last time we played Newell's we put in 4 to their 0, so hopefully another offensive explosion is in the cards.

13. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Where you guys steaming the games from? I can't seem to find the games in YouTube.. Partially Futbol para todos... Roja directa?

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    bustos21 repped this.
  15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Five minutes and Boca leads 2-0. Betancur and Tevez. Amazing. Tevez scored on a free kick that reminded me of Riquelme.

VAMOS BOOOOCA!!!

16. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0 and should be 3-0 but another terrible offside call.

18. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Much more like it tonight. My stream is awful though, and the one linked here doesn't seem to be working.

19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss futbol para todos. The telefe stream worked last week but now they block USA. :( I don't know if I'm allowed to link streams but if you search YouTube for Boca and filter for live streams you'll find plenty. I found one in HD.

bustos21 repped this.
  20. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I found one, though it isn't in HD. Keeps playing adverts every few minutes but it's watchable. What's teh deal with futbol para todos now anyway?

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They turned most of the games back over to the private stations instead of TV Publica. Which is the right thing to do, but sucks for us. I don't get why they are region blocking the games though since there is no U.S. TV deal to watch any Argentine soccer that I know of.

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gooool! 3-0! Fue Silva o el Chaco la alcanzó a tocar, no estoy seguro

24. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the stream I'm using. Whoever is broadcasting it sometimes has to rebuffer but it's pretty good.

25. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mate you're a legend, that's so much better.