Bob Bradley to take over at Swansea City?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by LouisianaViking07/09, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Again (this time I ask you) I would like to see where me (or any other Englishman for that matter) has said that England will win the world cup!? Or are you just bitter because your country couldn't even qualify from the worlds second easiest qualifiers?

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, yeah. Kinda goes without saying I’d think that US fans are bitter (or simply deflated and a bit defeated) or are really patient. I tend towards patient but it still pisses me off.
    Bradley getting a shot in the premier league was a big opportunity, so I’m pissed it didn’t work out. He wasn’t right for a very difficult situation but still...
    However he looks to be very much back on his feet in a rapidly improving mls so...

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Swansea's in Wales tho....

#justsaying #fancysomemutton

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Since Scotland & Wales got eliminated, then Northern Ireland and Ireland as well, the English fans have been unbearable. They trolled their neighbors hard for days.

If we rooted against the English, we'd find ourselves on the same side with the Swansea fans.

5. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's more like we know the USA can be much better than it is, but grossly corrupt and incompetent leadership is getting in the way, making it impossible to get there.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    To be fair, remember how the Welsh team reacted when England was knocked out of the Euros

Suyuntuy repped this.
  7. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think the fact that it didn't work out for Bradley at Swansea means that he won't get another chance and it certainly doesn't mean that American managers are going to be looked upon in a negative way! ALL managers have failed or struggled at one time or another.

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  8. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    However the 'English' react I'm sure that when the England team gets eliminated the Scots, Welsh and Irish, will all 'pat them on the back' and send their condolences right??

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    True. But Bradley was the first of his kind. Other Yanks may be looked at negatively because of this. Though a Yank who played in the PL and then manages a club might have more leeway or get more patience from critics.

Bradley was in over his head and he was unknown to those shores. And his terminology grated the nerves of some. Friedel will def have a better opportunity

10. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is a load of codswallop. It was negative before Bob Bradley, it was hypernegative during his couple of months "chance", and it's been negative ever since.
    Put it this way: If David Wagner was just "American", and not "Deutscher-Amerikan", he'd as much been given a "chance" by English sides as there is a chance HungryMan Fried Chicken is the Queen's favorite go-to midnight snack.

11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Heck no there's going to be a party. The English are still the Evil Empire to some of those folks, lol.

12. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And the English are supposed to just sit back and 'take it'?

13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is complete and utter rubbish, unless you can actually 'prove' otherwise? Look Bradley was bloody useless when at Swansea and it wasn't because the 'nasty' English (Welsh actually) didn't like him because he is American, live with it.

14. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was hyper negative for Bradley because Swansea sucked. Clement didn’t get more time because he was German But because they won under him. When that stopped he, despite being German, was fired as well.
    Bradley is a good manager and I believe is in a good situation right now. He was fired because he didn’t win. If he’s won he’d still be employed at least until he stopped winning.
    Prem managers get fired a lot because prem owners like the $160m a year winning means to them.

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I guess being an American coach in Europe is like it used to be for female professors in the Engineering faculty: at first, they weren't taken seriously, so they had to prove fast that they knew the material as well as, if not better, than their male counterparts.

If in the first class she came across as doubtful or intimidated, it was game over and everybody was going to try transferring to the classes taught by the guys.

Of course things have changed somewhat now, but it took time.

deuteronomy and superdave repped this.
  16. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Clement isn't German

mschofield repped this.
  17. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is just nonsense, I cant make up my mind whether you are trolling or not?

18. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bahahaha, pot/kettle much?

19. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Swing and a miss (baseball reference, look it up). I've said about a kabillion times, my beef is not with Swansea, it's with the British media. Read my actual posts.

Here's where you say "do you cheer against Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland too?"

My response is "those federations do not have squads in the WC, so it's a stupid question. But, I will say my antipathy has not encompassed Wales, or N.I."

20. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    I didn't say that you did. I agreed with a post that listed various reasons to not like the Ugly English (not sure why Americans are stuck with that - English are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more obnoxious travellers. "Obnoxious" doesn't even capture it).

It's a bulletin board, If I generally agree with a post, I'm going to agree with it. What's weird is why are you asking me and not the guy that posted it?

21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Really? In what way exactly?

22. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not nonsense at all.It's a comparison regarding another field.

23. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There is no 'comparison' though, to believe that ANY football fan gives a monkeys toss about where the people that own, play or coach are from is folly. There is only ONE thing a football fan cares about and that is success, they couldn't care less if the players are Welsh, English, Spanish, American or Outer Mongolian and the same goes for the coach or owner or bloke that washes the kit. Manchester United fans love Mourinho yet he is pure 'poison' (oh and he is not English either), if on the other hand Manchester Uniteds 'results' start to fall apart he will soon become the Devil incarnate, just the way Mark Hughes was in the eyes of Stock City fans before his sacking yesterday. If it makes anybody 'over there' feel any better Mark Hughes is Welsh and he has just failed miserably at Stoke City.

24. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    I think Athletic Bilbao and Chivas fans care where their players are from......