Boavista Futebol Clube Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by Força Sporting, Aug 14, 2006.

1. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Boavista is allowed back into the First League due to a technicality, it still doesn't prove their innocence. If Boavista has cheated then they deserve to be where they are - in the Second Division. It pains me to say this, but it is true.

The perfect solution is to relegate Porto as they did the exact same thing, yet received virtually zero punishment. But if Porto was never relegated then there is no reason for Boavista to ever be relegated.

And if BFC is to be moved back into the First League it still doesn't solve the club's financial crisis. What types of players can they sign based on their damaged image? How much can they spend on player payroll to avoid relegation and still avoid financial ruin?

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I wonder if that older lady fan that you could hear yelling "Oh Caralho passa a bola" over the voices of the TV commentators covering Boavista's games a few years back is still around ?? :)

Chess_Panther repped this.
  3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Petit signs with Boavista for one season.

4. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    back to the liga sagres they go

5. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    This will be very interesting

6. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Glad to hear they will be back in the top division. BUt they still have no money so how long can they stay up?

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They should NOT be up. They are a corrupt club and the only reason they're back in is to cover PDC's ass.

8. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    How so?

9. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Boavista is back, Baby! And as much as I want the title, I want fiscal responsibility and honesty.

Lupin III, nuno10slb4live and vilafria repped this.
  10. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Well, this should be fun. If we're not relegated at the end of the season then it will be considered a success.

11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I can't wait for FC Porto to play the cross town thugs next season. :p

12. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Looking forward for that. :p

13. ppp1971

ppp1971 New Member

May 8, 2002
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice to see another liga team in Porto. Great city and no reason it should not be just one team. Too bad salquieros went bankrupt and is having issues again in third div.

14. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Petit stays on as coach with Fary Faye his asst

15. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Hm, interesting. Despite being in low leagues we managed to develop André Gomes (Benfica) and Bruno Fernandes (Udinese). I hope we can go back on producing national talent. Even though I don't think highly of Gomes...

In the meanwhile half of the team will come from the previous season, including real oldies like Fary, and 3 youth players (for pre-season trials I guess). Other than that, we secured Fábio Santos (Famalicão) and Luís Pimenta (Limianos).

Honestly, it's going to be a miracle to avoid relegation this season. On the positive side, we're betting in a lot of portuguese youngsters who might turn out to be good.

16. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well chess panther I hope Boavista stay up with them in the liga I can see games against the big 3 and Braga and Guimaraes being sell outs

17. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your youth section has always been good, and that's something no relegation can take away from you. Agree with the last paragraph, the jump is too big, I doubt you can keep up this season, but you'll certainly end up returning sooner or later.

18. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    We have signed 11 players so far. The most known ones are Mika and Tengarrinha. The only foreigners so far are Abner (brazilian forward with a clause of 20M), Diego Lima (offensive midfielder from Atlético) and 27 year old CB Diego González (whose best achievements were the first league titles in Equador and Uruguay). Other than that, there are 2 chinese players that are staying since the previous season, one international (and interesting enough scored against Portugal in the Toulon tournament), and the other promoted from the U19 team.

It's more out of need than anything else, but I like that this squad have a lot of portuguese players. I am pretty sure we will have the youngest squad in the league.

vilafria repped this.
  19. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wouldn't be surprised is boavista do well

Mika is a beast

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Who is the coach?

21. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Petit. :p

We have signed 4 more players ever since my last update. And we're still in the lookout it seems.

22. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hope Boavista make an impact like Estoril did in the liga. Benfica and Portugal need another Nuno Gomes.

23. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Looks like we're hiring a lot of south americans now at the speed of light. I have a feeling that Boavista made an agreement with a company that owns some players or scouts free agents. Considering the background of a few I have a feeling that we're hiring them with that same company paying most of their wages. In exchange they get a good percentage of their selling value. Ofc it might be a joke saying this when you actually read about their backgrounds, but no way that Boavista have the capacity to afford wages unless we were hiring players from national lower leagues.

These are the only ones I could find in youtube (yes, I spent that many hours watching these):

Daniel Monllor (goalkeeper)

Mika (goalkeeper)

Diego González (center back)

Anderson Correia (left back)

Diego Lima (center midfielder)

Fábio Lopes (offensive midfielder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLwrJ3DpGZk

Anderson Carvalho (defensive midfielder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D02MPjUjpbI

Wellington Cris (winger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHZHT1GtpPI

Douglas Abner (striker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH_AJtUDJVs

Francisco López (striker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8JoS0HJLjA

vilafria repped this.
  24. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Boavista jersey for this season. The sleeves and top half back are a bit too much in my opinion. I liked the classic look of the previous season. No need to mess up what is the trademark of the club.

25. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    The jerseys for this season. Loving the home jersey from this perspective. The away one is fine. I would like to see the shorts and socks that go along with it before making any judgement.

[​IMG]