BMO to host Gold Cup 2015 Group Matches

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Polygong, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's finally happened. Not the whole tournament but finally Canada will play host to some of the Gold Cup.

The date set is 14-July for two of the Group B matches. Currently this group has Costa Rica, the rest to be determined. Cross our fingers that Canada is also in this group.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/12/bmo-field-will-host-gold-cup-doubleheader

Now it's up to Toronto area soccer fans to show that Canada has what it takes to host the whole thing.

2. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wow. Huge opportunity. I'll certainly try to be there.

3. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Great news for CMNT. I would hope that they would if needed rearrange so CMNT gets a game there.

4. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And being in group B would mean that we wouldn't have to play the US or Mexico during the group stage. Not that Costa Rica would be significantly easier.

we won't know for sure until the playoff between Honduras and French Guiana is done in March.

fuzzx repped this.
  5. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I'd have to think the organizers would put Canada in this group somehow. I can't see making arrangements to play group games in Canada and then not making the most financial advantage of it that they can.