Black Sunday Protest [UPDATE]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RedRevs, Jul 15, 2011.

  1. RevsLiverpool

    RevsLiverpool Member+

    Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the heads up. That's intense - I stand corrected.
     
  2. patfan1

    patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to figure out if this is the Arsenal fans doing this on their own, or if the Revs are trying to get them to come out. I know there is a group that's looking to come to the game, just not sure who initiated this. Seems like it might have been the Arsenal fans...
     
  3. The Magpie

    The Magpie Member

    Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Either way: Arsenal supporters in The Fort cheering for Henry is bad.
     
  4. patfan1

    patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is what I told the Revs.
     
  5. Minutemanii

    Minutemanii Member+

    Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should I not wear my Arsenal jersey that night? :D
     
  6. ngower

    ngower foolish grin

    May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I'll call up the Spurs Boston guys and have them sitting directly in front of the Arsenal Boston crew.

    (Kidding, front office...)
     
  7. Jeremy Goodwin

    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they burn down Gillette stadium, it would be a win for everyone.

    [​IMG]

    Too soon?
     
  8. RevsLiverpool

    RevsLiverpool Member+

    Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would actually be pretty entertaining
     
  9. RevsFanDan

    RevsFanDan Member

    May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never too soon..!! LOL

    Better than burning it down..because they will always "re-build"...curse it with the 7 plagues...!!

    Forgs dropping into the stadium periodically will gross people out..and if not that, then Fire and Brimstone might put a damper on any living thing ever going back!! =)
     
  10. ToMhIlL

    ToMhIlL Member+

    Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all we need is a bunch of Irish guys in Arsenal jerseys supporting the MetroFilth! Put them with the Metro supporters and then we'll hear it from them that the 30 guys they brought up on a bus outsang thousands of people in Gillette.

    But at least when they start swearing, they'll get tossed and it will look like away supporters getting the beat-down and not people who might actually come to a game more than once a year.
     
  11. A Casual Fan

    A Casual Fan Member+

    Mar 22, 2000
    Posted 05 Aug 2011, 10:32 AM
    Posted 08 Aug 2011, 10:38 AM


    How's that "moving forward" working out?




    So, question still stands --


    That's it? Done?



    `
     
  12. patfan1

    patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

    Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if you saw my post, but the Revs didn't go after the Boston Arsenal, the Gooners fans are doing this themselves. I believe the Revs (after reading about that here) have contacted the Gooners and been told they're coming to root for the Revs mainly. I still don't think that they should be in Fort if there's any chance they'll cheer if Henry scores because it's just setting up for problems.
     
  13. NE till i die

    NE till i die Member+

    Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paper bags on Wed.? At least some banner demanding change. Nicol/Burns Out.
     
  14. RevsFanDan

    RevsFanDan Member

    May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually SO GLAD I was the only one to wear a Support the Fort shirt at the KC home game..!! Looks like whatever the FO whispered in the ears of SGs gave them all the warm fuzzies!

    Too bad lots of people believed this protest to be about swearing and team ops..blah blah blah!!!

    THE PROTEST SHOULD BE ABOUT 16 YEARS AND STILL THE SAME...!!

    Kraft laughs at us and that if, he even knows we exist..!!

    The protest should be ever more VOCAL and VIVID at the next game..especially if no other acquisition is made before the transfer window closes and EVERYTHING the FO has ever stated, they've LIED ABOUT!!

    REVTID!
     
  15. LongDuckDong

    LongDuckDong Member+

    Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.
     
  16. Kraft Out

    Kraft Out Member+

    Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    All banners should read one thing, and one thing only: KRAFT OUT

    Nothing will ever change with him as owner.
     
  17. LongDuckDong

    LongDuckDong Member+

    Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately this is probably true. Until people stop paying to go to games, this organization will exist in its current form.

    And when people stop going to games, I'd say there's a 80% chance Kraft sells, and 20% he changes his approach.
     
  18. RevsFanDan

    RevsFanDan Member

    May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole protest thing died too quickly..!

    Like I said before...FO said something to leaders of SGs that made them feel like FO was taking care of business...but, in reality, FO was blowing the proverbial smoke straight up everyone's ass. They bought it..and business as usual in the FORT come the next home game.

    Typical complacency all around...kinda disgusting and sad..!
     
  19. Kraft Out

    Kraft Out Member+

    Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    the SG's are weak
     
  20. NE till i die

    NE till i die Member+

    Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I think the only thing that might get me through the season is if we do protest. This team is just unbearable right now. I don't really care what the FO has said to any of the SG leaders or if they at trying to make things better. Things are getting worse by the day. It's obvious that just about everyone here wants Nicol, Burns, and Bilello to be canned. We need to show that. If we don't force something to happen I don't fully believe change that we want will happen.

    It up to us, the fans, to try to get changes to happen. If we can't do that then that's it. We can leave and come back if anything happens.

    We don't need to walkout or even be silent. We need to be a loud as we can and voice our wants. Banners, chants, signs, etc. Whatever it takes to get our message across we need to do it.
     
  21. RevsLiverpool

    RevsLiverpool Member+

    Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy on the SG leaders. They're not necessarily weak; it's not easy to convince 100+ stubborn New Englanders to forfeit hard-earned money by leaving the stadium 16 minutes into a match. Especially people who care as passionately about this club as members of the Revs' SGs. I respect the Fort for organizing Black Sunday and herding cats at least once. Just wish management cared enough to change. :mad:
     
  22. Rangers Rob

    Rangers Rob Member

    Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    The FO have shown time and time again that they have ZERO credibility, I do not buy the "this time it's different" act for a second. Fool me once, shame on you...
    This. There needs to be action taken separate of the FortGate fiasco, if those in charge are unresponsive through other methods then publicly shame them if need be.

    One suggestion though, while I agree with the sentiment I'd avoid the "Kraft sucks!" route, the goal should be to get him to take positive action and clear out the morons currently running the show, if anything the movement should be an appeal to Bob Kraft.
     
  23. revolution1776

    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, I'll even help you make that banner if you want.
     
  24. Jeremy Goodwin

    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More of us have walked out that gate permanently than are coming to games (including many of those who were in the forefront of creating what supporters culture exists here). The protest is ongoing. To date no changes have been effected as a result.
     
  25. Kraft Out

    Kraft Out Member+

    Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I didn't say the SG leaders were weak.

    The SG's are weak on the whole. They love to bitch and complain about the things they don't get, but are hardly willing to sacrifice much to get what they want.

    Supporters groups are supposed to unify and support the team. Sometimes that means putting away self interests, or going against management...or sometimes it means both.

    but hey, who am I? I'm just some dude on the internet who gave up my season tickets and sit in an ivory tower telling the SG's what they should be doing better.
     

Share This Page