BL MD 8: BVB - Gladbach

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Oct 19, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We have the late game today.
    Alcacer and LP will miss the game and Schulz could be back. Sancho got suspended for the game for arriving late from NT duty. Playing without Alcacer and Sancho won't make it easier today.

2. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bayern took a page from our book and lose 2 points in the last 2 minutes of added time. Can we please wake up and take advantage of that opportunity to Kill 2 bird with 1 stone?

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #3 hava, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Götze will miss the game as well.

Bürki
    Akanji Weigl Hummels Schulz
    Delaney Witsel
    Hakimi Reus Hazard
    Brandt

I had to correct the lineup from what was an expected 3 man midfield to this.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Hazard overturned by VAR. Sucks for Hazard who couldn't show much this season.
    Gladbach were decent so far. Bürki had a good save and a good clearance in a 1 on 1 situation. Our chances seemed to have come mostly from corners up to this point.

5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I still don't know who was offside on that goal!
    I knew from the lineup it would be a frustrating game to watch. I guess it's slightly better than I expected. We need creatives. Dahoud probably the only one on today's bench. Or Guerreiro.
    Also Burki saved us 3 times. I don't understand people who criticize him.

hava repped this.
  6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus was ruled offside and it was exremely close. If it's correct then we have to accept these offside decisions. But still, Reus and the defender next to him were walking backwards and his heel was supposedly just a bit offside. Impossible to see from the image shown on TV and it was said it was decided by zooming in on a pic. So I suppose no offside lines were used, I just hope they didn't use this shitty, grainy pic that was presented to the TV viewers.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Reus. I thought he wouldn't get to it anymore or that the angle would be bad. But good touch to convert.
    We need to continue playing like we did so far, at least in offense. The team can create.

8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Burki being sub because of injury... 70'

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    RIght now, we are trying our best to give away another win.

astrophyz repped this.
  10. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I was just going to say that haha
    it's time to wait for the equalizer!

11. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    we're just not interested in keeping the ball, much less attacking

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems Dortmund and Favre are only interested in giving the ball to the opponent and hoping for a counter-attack

Kill of the game

astrophyz repped this.
  13. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Almost 1-1 Hitz injured

14. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    This is unacceptable the way we play.. the only unforced substitution is in the minute 90 to bring in another defender.. and the next one another defender.. there's your mentality problem! We're much better than this.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We manage to survive but the game was a mess in the end. On the other side, we also scored two more goals that were called back. The offense can deliver but this wasn't something to enjoy for those with weak hearts.

To appreciate how we survived, we subbed in Zagadou and LP for Hazard and Brandt which makes it a 6-2-2 formation, I suppose. I take the result but we played well until we scored and after that we just wait. Immediately after the goal, there was a scene where Favre makes this gesture signaling to slow down. I hope this was only for the specific situation and not the general approach.

astrophyz repped this.
  16. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    mid week game in away in italy and the only reason behind LF subs is time wasting instead of rotating and giving out some rest....

astrophyz repped this.
  17. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Not even time wasting.. it was to add defenders.. which could have been useless.

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The coming games before the next break will be tough:
    at Inter
    at Schalke
    Cup Gladbach
    Wolfsburg
    Inter
    at Munich

We need Alcacer back.

19. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Conte plays a 3-5-2
    What is the best lineup from Dortmund to win this game

Win midweek and 1 step in knockout stage

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You lucked through, congrats

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It seems like a typical Favre match, where we could not control the game and were hanging on. We won today, so people won't question te mentality. I can't wait until we fire him.

Bayern are going through a bad patch too, so the league is very open.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  22. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    On the plus side, Shalke is losing 2-0 to Hoffenheim with 3 minutes to added time...

23. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Getting seriously concerned about the next 6 matches we are facing. With this "rotation" it will never work. Looks like Favre is fielding the best 11 every game, too afraid to loose. How long can it work?
    We have 22 outfield players, but do we? Among them is also Raschl, which I doubt will ever play and Schmeltzer (neither he will get any minutes, and I wonder what is he doing there at all). In addition there are several untrusted players as: Zagadou, Ballerdi, Morey, JBL and to some extend Dahoud.
    That leaves us with only 15-16 outfield players. With some injuries or sickness there are not many possibilities. I doubt Favre is going to "experiment" with youth now, since he hasn't done that in easier (on paper) games.
    Our reputation as a team that gives a chance to young players is also suffering. Those beforementioned young guys + Gómez and Isak...
    With this Favreball I don't look forward to matchdays anymore, all excitement is gone, we all know how it's going to be ... I hope our leadership is aware of that too, and takes some measures before it's too late.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Our football looks better and we are interested in control of the game as long as it's still 0:0. Up to that point you also get to see some good football at times if the opponent wants to play football as well. After we take the lead, we just take a seat, let the opponent take over and dare them to beat us. We still do that despite the negative experiences of the past.

About rotation, Favre probably prefers only very small changes. Alcacer, Götze and Sancho were forced to sit this game out. But if it wasn't due to rotation, Guerreiro as an unused sub while Hakimi had his up and downs on the wings didn't work out. He wasn't on the same level and in the flow of Reus-Brandt-Hazard. At the same time, Akanji was often overwhelmed and left alone on RB. While Weigl's passing from the back was good, I don't know how the game would have ended had Hummels not defused several corner kicks. All of these things are connected and look probably very different with the players on their natural positions.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Bring in Mourinho. Have the guts to do it now.