BL MD 7: BVB- Freiburg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by HockeytownHeel, Oct 5, 2019.

1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Witsel starts off the scoring against a pretty stingy Frieburg team 1-0 after 20 minutes.

Good start. Would be nice to see a clean sheet today but already some trouble.. Piszcek goes down and Brandt replaces him.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    We need to hold this result big time.. Bayern struggling at the moment down 1-0

3. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    History is repeating

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    lol 2 minutes later we give up the lead... i just dont get this team at all

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    we are such a disappointment under this idiot.. I swear I cant wait to see him gone.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We score. Another Hakimi solo, not sure who deflected it.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Just sack him, get a top class manager and we can have a great season. Typical Dortmund basketball game, which can go either way. No control in the midfield.

8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    we have as many goals given up this year as the teams near bottom of the table do.....

thats sad. I wouldnt even say that we have played a terribly tough amount of competition either. Still havent played Bayern or Leipzig... that Union Berlin match still stings as well as last weeks terrible match...

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    of course Bayern get level.. they will likely win.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Hoffenheim score ... Bayern down again

11. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Why the f... Schmelzer?

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    and there we go again... we just cant stop anyone.... this may be the most disappointing season in years.

lofty expectations that are flattened by our defense

13. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    2:2 for the third time???

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Please just sack him.

15. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And here we go again!! Losing 2 points in the last minutes!! This team never learns!! This is another weak team with a draw that feels like a loss.

16. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is becoming quite ridiculous. We are a laughing stock. This team can't be taken seriously.

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    chance to get top of the table and we screw it up... such mediocrity today and every day...

I swear only a fool would want this moron as our manager

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Again the fault it with Favre we never had control of the midfield, it was a basketball game. They could have equalised at any point. It was no different midweek, we just managed to get the 2nd.

Favre is out of his depth. He needs to be sacked and quickly to save our season. There is an international break now. Sack him now, give the new manager a few weeks.

It would be beyond stupid to waste our opportunity to win the league and challenge for the CL.

Funny thing is we actually gained a point on Bayern, but SACK HIM.

19. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schalke or Galdbach could take first place now with these results!! And we can fall all the way to 9th... Nice work Favre...
    To me the worse part is that this is happening against the weakest of teams!!

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:2 because we cannot control a game against a team like Freiburg. After we scored the second goal, we still looked hectic in offense, much depended on chance.
    It's also kind of stupid to see us play without a striker. Our players on the wing positions either have no one to cross to or when a cross comes in, no one is there. I don't get it.
    At this point we should have had a comfortable lead in the table because of the relatively easy schedule. It's ridiculous, we still have several tough games in front of us and we cannot win the games we absolutely need to win.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    my god... why in the eff did we bring in schmelzer....

just so many stupid moves in this one. I hate Favre.. I swear I wish him ill

22. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Enough is enough Favre, take your hat and f... off. Apart of Leverkusen there were not even average games. We have tough program after the break, M-gladbach, Inter, Schalke and Wolfsburg. Can’t imagine how many points we’ll get

BvB_Peon repped this.
  23. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I missed most of the match and just saw Witsel's great goal. Sadly, he cannot take much more out of this game than this stupid draw.

I've also followed Waldschmidt for some time, mostly because of the U21 games but his talent was already visible at Hamburg. He isn't that young anymore but a player to keep in mind as someone who could still develop and turn out even better with more talented players around him. He has a great shot and a good technique, but recently for us, getting players from Freiburg didn't end satisfying for both sides.

astrophyz repped this.
  24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund always fail to control games against lesser sides and take the sting out of games they are leading. They play like a mid table side and give away chances easily

25. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    This is so sad.. the couple of minutes before their 2nd goal we looked like we already gave up and were expecting that goal.

Why are we so boring when we have the ball? Are all the players tired? Reus again played a full game. We need some intensity, some fun playing the ball.

And yes, Waldshmidt seems like a promising talent! I wish we had gotten him (or anyone!) instead of ending up with Gotze in the #9 position.

Also, Brandt! What the?? So out of shape? So tired? What's wrong?

So sad...