BL MD 34: Hoffenheim-BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 12, 2018.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We have troubles in defense because Sokratis and Toprak aren't available. It's nice to see Guerreiro before the end of the season to assess where he's at. But still, that defense doesn't look good, especially for deadball situations. I guess Sahin was chosen for a more conservative approach given our problems in the defense. But in my opinion, he doesn't add much to the defensive stability. Besides not being a spark for our offense, he isn't agile or fast, he's not really aggressive in defense and not particularly good in closing passing lanes. But I'd be glad if he proves me wrong. Should we lose by a lot, the goal differential against Leverkusen will be the key.

Bürki
    LP Akanji Schmelzer Guerreiro
    Sahin Weigl
    Pulisic Reus Sancho
    Schürrle

Bench: Weidenfeller, Toljan, Zagadou, Castro, Götze, Kagawa, Philipp

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki costs us again, Hoffenheim leads. Leverkusen leads 2:0.

eaglespark repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Another mistake from Burki. He has ran out of chances for me too.

4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is Dortmund linked to another keeper?

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And sell Schurrle

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hitz is coming on a free transfer.
    Wow, Schürrle...

7. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Two crucial matches in a row Burki makes a mistake .
    Can’t believe we’re bringing in Hitz , who is merely a back up rather than good no for someone like Pavlenka.
    Schurrle does a Schurrle . Another one that must go .

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Stöger made at least the right decision to use 5 in the back when we are in defense. That took at least some space away for Hoffenheim but they still had good opportunities with their long passes to the wings. Can't imagine what the game had looked like with the usual holes we leave on the wings.
    As long as we don't lose by more than 2 goals, we are good.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus scores, 1:1.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Two players I rate so highly but can't stay fit combining for the goal. Big goal for the season and once again it's Reus.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Losing again. Great team goal by Szalai.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hoffenheim scores because our defense acts like amateurs again.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3:1...either we score or we depend on Leverkusen's result.
    If only we had gotten a single point against Mainz, there would be no need to worry.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The worry is that we might concede. Akanji was very lucky Hoffenheim scored or else that would have been a red card.

15. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hopefully the last time we see Schurrle in that jersey

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now a real chance that Leverkusen can upstage BvB from 4th

Dortmund has 1 GD over Leverkusen any goal in either game for Hoff or Bayer could knock off 4th with 15mins to go

17. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No passion , no determination . In truth do we deserve to finish in the top 4 ?

Alex C and astrophyz repped this.
  18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No if I am honest I think Leverkusen have been the better team this year, but took a while to adjust. However, it saves the season.

If we are judging performances in the cup.

Cup__________________________Rating
    Bundesliga___________________Terrible
    CL___________________________Pathetic
    Europa League________________Pathetic
    DFB Cup_____________________Par

thisisthelife, Quigs and Alex C repped this.
  19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Poor way to end a disappointing season but we qualify for the CL. If the management has the intentions that we should at least be the clear second best team in the league, there have to be changes. Many other teams are on a better path but luckily for us weren't consistent enough.

Guerreiro was lively in attack but not convincing in defense. I thought Sanchez looked better in the first half. Pulisic had a few good moments towards the end of the second half but he also had many turnovers. Overall not much the offense did or could do today without much help from the midfield.

20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No. This team is spineless, gutless and lacking in passion. The management are very lucky to get away with this cluster******** of a season.

The speed at which this team has declined is extremely frustrating.

kbvb, thisisthelife, eaglespark and 2 others repped this.
  21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And so ends a, frankly, disastrous season.

astrophyz and kbvb repped this.
  22. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    For me upgrade on Burki , Schmelzer and Piszczek . Rode , Schurrle , Castro , Sahin and Tolijan out .Papa by all accounts is leaving and I’m not sorry . We must again upgrade . Not convinced Batshuyai is the player for us and certainly not for anything more than 30 m € .Need possibly 2 strikers , a midfielder . Overall prob need about 6 new players and hope someone dumb enough to take Rode and Schurrle .

eaglespark repped this.
  23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And so a disastrous season ends. Honestly I have no expectations for next season, considering how the team has played. Nagelsmann is the coach we should be going after, not Favre, and I don't know why some are excited about him. Favre is an underwhelming choice, doesn't strike me as a win-at-all-costs guy + he's never made a deep run in European competitions. I don't even know what good the squad overhaul will do given the lack of football identity shown throughout the season and defensive ineptitude brought about by the tactical genius Tuchel and made worse by Bosz. The fighting spirit needs to be brought back and Favre is not the guy for that IMO.

Quigs repped this.
  24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The transfers so far (Hitz and rumor about Delaney) surely don't sound exciting. Delaney could be good but it's not the kind of transfer to create a gap to the other teams. I think Hoffenheim have been very clear that Nagelsmann is not available for the next season. If we wanted him, we had to choose a coach for one year. I'm not sure whether Hasenhüttl was available who hasn't extended so far, if I'm not wrong.

25. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Favre is a coach who favours counter attacking football . We are the second wealthiest club and should surely aspire to dominate .Hope I’m wrong but faith in Aki is low now

Alex C repped this.