BL MD 32: Bremen vs BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 4, 2019.

1. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Pity we only managed 1 point from 2 games. One can't win titles this way. Again, when it matters the most. I think there's quality in this team, we could see that in parts of the 1st half, but there's a lack of intensity to follow that and kill the match. In a way it was a similar game to that in Freiburg, only that Bremen is a better team.
    There was obvious frustration in Paco and Sancho after the match, with these results it'll be hard to keep the latter when huge offers come in the summer.
    Next season will be even harder, not only will we have difficulties to compete with Bayern, but also with RBL. With Nagelsmann I think it will be them to give Bayern a match for the title.

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When it has come to the crunch, the team have become spineless losers. The second half at Spurs, the Bayern match, last week v Schalke yesterday in Bremen plus lots of other needlessly dropped points since January.

This stems from the management and Favre having a losers mentality. This season was a fantastic opportunity to win the BL and the chance has been wasted. Why did they not strengthen in January? Why approach games so passively?

The worst Bayern team in years should not be winning the title. They will not be this weak again for a long time.

astrophyz and eaglespark repped this.
  3. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #28 Scheherazade, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Cant expect the team to score 5 goals every match home and away, our opponents are not from the kreisliga. We have to be able to close out a two goal lead away in an unfriendly stadium. At 3 up versus Hoffenheim at home we also let in three at the end, with another Burki mistake. Defenders shouldnt need a 5 goal cushion to save them in case they go to sleep.

When we take a lead the goalie and defenders must concentrate and work even harder even though its tempting to assume the game is already won, because our opponents will start to try harder to score. Earlier this season we came from behind to win many times because we started working harder to overturn a deficit in the second half and the other team couldn't handle it, but when we go in front we cannot control the match. Klopp had the 4- 4 Stuttgart game and last seasons 4 -4 derby game, it's all in the mind. Our team is too inexperienced. Akanji looked lost as a captain trying to hold a two goal lead away, he didnt look comfortable defending as a fullback.

astrophyz repped this.
  4. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ppl defending burki need to realise that hes not a bad keeper but we could do better, most of his mistakes happens in big games, thats when we need him the most. I mean when was the last time the opposing goal keeper did us such favors, the amount of games we play againts mid table team and lower and i cant remember their gk or defence gifting us such bs, i mean im sure it happpened but in no way as often us our own defence. Which is sad cuz things like these shouldnt happen on the team of this caliber, bayern is at its shittiest form in last 5 years and we still couldnt beat them, thats part of the reason we keep losing players, losing games and titles happens ands its ok but when u throw it away like we r now. 2nd part of the sseason was terrible, in most games it looked like the team was already tired, the lack of commitment and fire u only usually see at teams in relegation zone. Until we get some ballz in the management team nothings gonna change.

thisisthelife repped this.
  5. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nothing special but not so bad that we will get rid, which is worse. He is the oldest in defence but has no presence and leadership to organize the players when defending setpieces.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think there is no question that Bürki should be less error prone for his age. Another weakness is that his long passes are bad which helps pressing opponents.
    He has reduced the number of his errors and saved our butts several times this season which is his job. He's also stilll the highest rated player in the Kicker ratings (I know, not the best criteria but still a data point for the whole season in comparison with all players in the league) which is a sign that we allow too many opportunities.

But even something like 5 errors per season that really hurt the team is too much for a top keeper. That is the region he's currently at in my opinion. Off the top of my head I can only remember the Berlin game for another goal that he was responsible for and a couple of mistakes that didn't directly result in a goal but we simply don't have that margin of error.

7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    All keepers make mistakes, some more, some less. But his long passes are mostly give away balls. Don't remember him saving any penalty.
    I liked what Nubel showed last Saturday

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The board and Favre are too blame for blowing the league

In January we were in a position of strength and had the money to go and strengthen. The players were there if we were prepared to overpay. Chelsea went and got Higuian and it has saved their season. They will probably make top 4 and have a chance of winning the Europa League.

Favre has loser mentality and has no clue how to win trophies. He became far too negative and trusted old failing players rather than giving youth a chance. In games when we are winning we just sit back and hope to hold on. The midfield is incapable and Favee does not encourage them to control possession. Eventually pressure takes its toll and the team concedes.

Now we are trophiless this season and in a very weak position come the summer. We have no chance of getting any top player. We are going to have to gamble on youth, but instead want to waste money on mediocre players like Hazard.

We need a board with ambition.

Next two games we should build around the players with potential who will be here next season.

Akanji and Zagadou at CB
    Weigl and Dahoud in CM.
    Play Larsen and Sancho

Also the league as bad as we have been is still not completely over. Bayern could easily lose at Leipzig and then they will feel the pressure against Frankfurt.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bayern needs two draws or a win. Frankfurt is currently down 1:6 and the first half isn't even over. The last weeks already showed that hey have lost some steam and I guess the Euro games are taking their toll. The only reason they are still 4th is goal differential. While they will need a result against Bayern for the CL spot, it's hard to see them getting it in their current form.

10. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

You wanted us to get Piguain? Saved their season is taking the piss lmao, he is so underwhelming Chelsea fans want him gone. If anyone saved Chelsea's season, its MUFC and the chokejob club Mkhitaryan Sokratis and Aubameyang joined.

@hava dont expect RBL to do any favors, our supporters routinely abuse Leipzig fans and call the coach burnout Ralle.

thisisthelife repped this.
  11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    You really talk a lot of nonsense, about things you haven't even watched. Stop going to random message boards for your opions on things.

I never suggested for a second we should get Higuain and he is not what we needed or possibly may need next season. Higuain was a fantastic signing for Chelsea, even if we allowed Giroud to be used in the Europa League so they had more than one route into the CL. Higuain hasn't been fantastic, but he has done a job and maybe ensured they get top 3. No Higuain and Chelsea don't finish top 4. Higuain from a purely financial POV, has already been a success.

Bayern have been choking too. They drew with arguably the worst team in the league and Dusselfdorf.
    It's highly, highly unlikely, but pressure and do strange things. Let's see what happens after the Leipzig match. It's more than a longshot.

12. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You support Chelsea too?
    Can you find anyone on this website who thinks hes been fantastic.
    Whats the point of bringing Higuain up then? To use it as a stick to beat Aki Watzke? lmao

Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  13. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Agreed with all this. But I really think that we did a great job finding 3 center backs with this level of talent in Akanji, Diallo and Zagadou and a good keeper in Burki. I just didn't want people to start blaming them for every bad thing we had.

On the other hand, I am convinced that management doesn't have the ambition to continuously challenge for the BL and continuously reach advanced stages of the UCL. This management's goals' resemble those of Arsenal back when they actually were able to achieve them. If they really wanted to challenge, we'd see a few experienced and talented players bought at higher fees to complement the good number of young talents we have.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    You really have no clue about football. You are one of the most mindless fanboys, who think cheering everything the board does makes them some sort of super fan. I love football and watch a lot of teams. I have seen a lot of football.
    I never said Higuain has been fantastic, I actually said the opposite, but he was the needed piece in allowing Chelsea to make top 4 and possibly win the Europa League. He has more than paid back his transfer fee and wages due to that.
    Yes Watzke deserves tremendous criticism for not strengthening in January, tremendous. Chelsea signed Higuain, because they were realised they had to take a risk to secure their goals. It's unbelievably short sighted and shows he lacks the courage and to invest when needed. The money was there and had Watzke bought a quality attacking player then Dortmund would be champions and probably in a CL quarter or semi.

But hey let's ignore that and continue to praise a poor job.
    Burki is the one I am not convinced about. He makes too many mistakes when the pressure is on. Zorc and the scouting team have done an excellent job finding Akanji and Zagadou. Diallo was overpriced and not a particularly great signing. Maybe he will grow into his role, but for the fee paid he has been average. Zagadou is a kid and improving.

Part of the reason we concede is the inability to control games and the lack of leadership at the back.

astrophyz repped this.
  15. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    @astrophyz Adding reliable fullbacks and fielding a settled back four would help young CBs like Akanji, Diallo and Zagadou gain consistency. They are good, but inexperienced enough that rushing back from injury and deputizing as FBs can affect consistency and confidence.

This season we fielded sixteen different defensive lineups, last time we won BL it was Piszczek Subotic Hummels Schmelzer with little need to rotate because we didnt make it far in Europe.

astrophyz repped this.
  16. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    It was to be expected. A spineless board along with a coward at the helm of the team. No winning mentality anywhere. Zorc&Watzke are content with being second fiddle to Bayern and being a feeder club, trophies is something alien to the them. Favre is as cowardly as a coach can be. Waiting until the the last 10 minutes to make s substitution is just laughable. We score a goal and pray to whatever gods the players believe in not to concede 2-3 in the space of 20 minutes. Pathetic. When we needed to show attitude the most, we failed miserably. And if the local fan base is pleased, then I would say to them that they are blind idiots that are also part of the problem. And to think this weak Bayern side will win the Bundesliga....