BL MD 32: Bremen vs BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 4, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Diallo Akanji Weigl Guerreiro
    Delaney Witsel
    Sancho Götze Pulisic
    Alcacer

Our problems at FB had to get that serious so that Guerreiro is finally considered for that position. On the other side, there wasn't much to complain about him when he played on the wings as he established himself as the second best option. Our bench is getting thin as well with the two suspensions.
    I'm not sure about the formation. Kicker first had Weigl as the RB and then Diallo. I initially thought it would be Akanji on the right side.

It will be tough away game against Bremen who really need the a win in their fight for the Euro league.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    we lose and we are out of contention for being crowned champions right?

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    wow, Pulisic gets involved again. nice to see. Goal Christian.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Pulisic, very nice goal but also defended horribly. I think this was the third scene in the first minutes that showed how vulnerable Bremen is against fast attacking plays. Good start but we know that Bremen can play, too.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice goal but he's clearly playing for himself and Chelsea.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are we trying to walk the ball in the net?

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Klassen is disgusting. Spitting water at Witsel. Wtf is wrong with him.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Delaney is very one dimensional but he's good in that dimension.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Alcacer 2:0 with one of his typical freekicks. Pretty harsh freekick against Bremen, though.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pacooooooo Alcacer.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We miss an open net.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 at halftime but the lead should have been higher. There were a few careless moments from our defense so we need to keep the pressure up. From the technical abilities, we are far superior and as long as we play that game, we win. But we are at our weakest when we have to play from our back against pressing teams.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Leipzig played a very uninspired game. I'm worried how they will turn up against Bayern given they have nothing to win.

I'm hoping Frankfurt beats Bayern. That's our only chance.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Terrible error from Bürki. Now we really need the third goal.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can see why there are so many Burki naysayers.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wtf are we doing...

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thankfully no handball against us but a draw is not enough, of course.
    Time for some subs.

18. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Bürki makes at least one comical mistake per game. You're never going to win a league with this goalkeeper, I don't know why he gets so much praise from Bundesliga commentators and journalists.

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    82th min, Favre finally makes a sub. Why Bruun Larsen over Philipp, though..

20. massBVB

massBVB New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Feb 13, 2019
    you get what you pay for. You can't compete with cheap players like Burki and Akanji...
    They don't deserve to win this title.
    I am ashamed of the local Dortmund fans. If you want a great team you have to PAY for it. I am doing my part from the other side of the Atlantic, but we can do so much.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    what an abysmal mess this was

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yep, it's over, now. Very good first half followed by a second half that was too passive although there were a couple of chances to decide the game. Even after the 2:2, the team looked as if they didn't need the win.
    One difference was also that Bremen's coach saw the need to make some subs that helped their game and Favre, as always, didn't react to Bremen getting better. He only reacted after the damage was done and then waits till the 90th to make the last sub. We pretty much scored Bremen's goals ourselves because of really stupid mistakes as well. That, too, is something that happened way too often this season. You cannot win anything when you make so many mistakes.

23. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Self inflicted woes again and again... What a bad second half of the season. Where do we even go from here? So many holes to plug, not even sure where to start. If we have this team in August again next year I'm afraid we may have difficulty making it to Europa league. And Bundesliga is not even very competitive these days... Not even Bayern. I'm just numb and want this season over and half the player gone, including the coaching staff.

24. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    It's really sad to lose the championship this way, including last game.

I don't think our defenders and goalkeeper are our weakest link. And no, burki doesn't make one big mistake per game. In fact he probably saves more sure goals than he makes bad mistakes.

Our problem is the quality and depth of our attacking players. Larsen, Pulisic and even Gotze for much of the season have been subpar. Even Sancho should improve on his build up play as he often only thinks if the dribbling option.

The other thing is that Favre is so conservative and unwilling to make changes. It's the extreme opposite approach of Tuchel who would used a different lineup every game. Can't we have something in the middle of these 2 extremes?

Overall, i do think we can build on the core of this team, but only if we spend too improve in the FB and attacking/creative midfield area. It's the turn of the front office to do its part, but they haven't shown the intent to push the team to the next level :/

25. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, on the positive side, our young defense will be a bit more mature next season and have hopefully learnt from their mistakes. On the negative side, neither Hazard nor Brandt will improve our leadership/mentality problems. But I think trying to compete for the title in the next years will be close to impossible anyways.
    Point wise, this season is actually good. We could still end up with 76 points which would be very good historically. It still feels disappointing because something close to a 85 points season and winning the title was easily possible this year.

astrophyz repped this.