BL MD 3: FC Freiburg gegen BVB Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Sep 7, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Schürrle, Raphael, Durm und Marco fehlen.

Sancho hat noch keine Spielberechtigung von DFB. Zudem braucht er mehr Training mit der Mannschaft.

2. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    großer Fußball! Who will Sancho push out of the 18, do you think?

3. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I suppose I should put that on a different thread than the Freiburg game thread :)

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am looking forward to this game. The next two games should tell us a lot about this season. I would like to see Gotze freed up and given the free role that Isco has. In some ways both have had similar trajectories, but Isco has stepped up majorly over the last year and is one of the best players in the world now. We need Gotze to do the same, but I am no longer confident about it.

Hopefuly we start the players that stayed behind and had a couple of weeks to work with the team ie Dahoud, Gotze, Auba, Philipp and Weigl.

5. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I hope that Dahoud gets an extended look this game as I have high hope in him being a "game changer" for us. Also, let's see if Yarmolenko gets some time as well.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to BVBs twitter feed, Schmelzer will replace Zagadou and Castro will continue to take Mo's spot. Drives me insane seeing these two idiots still plying their trade as first team players in our squad when the deserved starters would likely make it in any other squad outside the top 5 in the world.

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is risky picking inferior players at this point, there is no reason I can see as to why Dahoud should not play this game, he needs minutes on the pitch and is a far better player then Castro.

Any points lost could be costly, and this is not an easy game. The strongest possible team should be selected.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Very disappointing to see Dahoud not starting. If anything this is the perfect opportunity to start him unless he is going to start at Wembley which seems doubtful. I have no problem with Schmelzer coming in, but not when Raphael is fit.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Dahoud might start at Wembley. We are neck and neck in both competitions but Spurs is tougher than Freiburg.

I hope Mo gets 20min tomorrow and 90min against Spurs. That would be ideal and sensible. Castro needs to sit if he isn't being gotten rid off completely.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I hope so.
    You may be right and may not think he can do 180 minutes in 4 days, so is resting him for the harder game.

I don't see the need of getting rid of Castro as long as we have a starting 3 of Weigl/Dahoud/Gotze with Kagawa/Sahin/Castro as backup. That's very good squad depth and they can do a job.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems as if we'll indeed see the same lineup again except Schmelzer coming in.
    Going through the lineup, I was a bit worried for a second because I didn't see Sahin at first. Things can change fast and the season just started, but 2010/11 was probably the last time I felt this unease to go into a game without him (without a proper replacement).

12. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 bumbleBeeVB, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Gotze has looked very lively in the first 5 minutes, he's actually running around

Burki with a huge save on a counter to keep it tied. Schmelzer has had some awkward moments already. I miss DAZ

13. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barrera came off but it looked precautionary. Toprak in. Theyve been fouling a lot especially picking on maxi

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now Schmelzer on the end of a horrible tackle. They play very physical. Red after video assistance.

15. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Video assistant quite rightly gives a red card. Awful foul.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Looks like Schmelzer is out. In that case, a red is justified.

17. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The replay looks terrible really. Freiburg acting like straight cunts after the Red too, acting like t wasn't warranted.

Edit- well we wanted Zagadou... but not like that.

18. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    so what's the consensus on Eric Wynalda? (I'm watching an american stream)...

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So we saw 20min of the guys in yellow do absolutely fückall with a man up.

I don't expect Castro to have a clue wtf to do but guys like Götze and Nuri should be doing more of what they're good at ie dribble into the box for a foul and shoot more from distance.

Max and Pulisic should be playing off of the last defensive bank for through balls. Neither are even aware they should be doing that.

I like Peter Bosz but Thomas Tuchel was a more intelligent coach. The latter had a solution for every possible scenario. It's a shame that he didn't have Dahoud and healthy Götze in the squad.

20. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't know about man, there were countless times where BVB under Tuchel just knocked it around without purpose!
    Freiburg have got every man back. Sahin and MG are doing well, they're working it out. Puli and Maxi though are being taken out of the game. Freiburg will tire and we will get it. But I'm impressed with Mario, he is looking fine and is acting like a leader. It's great to see

Sir Niney repped this.
  21. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    great cross from Castro. more like that please

22. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Should bring on Yarmolenko

23. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We have had to make two substitutes by necessity, or else Kagawa, Dahoud or Yarmolenko would have already come on. Drowsy stuff.

24. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    yep....poor

25. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bosz needs to make the substitution now before Freiburg get back into the game. They are down to ten, using up all our subs is not risky.