PBP: BL MD 24: BVB - Augsburg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MtnGardener, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He could leave in the summer , he's too good for this team .Stoeger is not the only problem , but based on Aki's other recent manager decisions he might just be dumb enough to give him another contract.

2. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus is too good for this team , and if he leaves in the summer who could blame him . Club seem rudderless with little ambition .

3. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    This was the best showing by Dahoud since he arrived at the club.

Stoeger is not BVB quality. This team needs an innovative tactician who is offensively minded to get the best out of the squad.

4. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I guess the bar _is_ low, but even so that didn't agree with my eye. There were a few minutes he was in where I was only listening, not watching, so maybe I missed something good.

While I was watching (which was most of the time) he made several really bad plays that stick out (e.g. a crazy header on the sideline to end a promising attack, and sitting on the ball rather than passing to CP to kill a second attack), these aren't including decent choices that went nowhere, I am just thinking about times where he single-handedly wasted something good. His defense was also not great. He made a nice looking shot from a bad angle that no chance of going in. Not sure whether that goes in the plus or minus column. I think "minus" given how packed the box was and how bad the angle was, a cross or pass would have had a better chance of creating a real chance.

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's a real shame Mo is turning out to be a flop, forcing us to rely on Castro who's about as useful as the armour of a stormtrooper.

6. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Mo has not lived up to expectations yet, but I think it is early to give up on him. If he plays like today without the panic moments, he could partner well with Weigl. It would be nice to use him like today if that did not mean playing Sahin or Castro.

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah, but the problem of Mo struggling to make his mark on the team is being used as an excuse to keep fielding that useless piece of shit Castro, and that infuriates me.

z0mb1e, bvbSlash and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  8. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It definetly wasn't a strong showing by any stretch but that's the truly sad part as I'm forced to evaluate him on a "misery" scale and he (to me) was the least miserable since joining the club. What I liked the most from him today is that he finally showed agression moving forward. Granted, most of his endeavors resulted in forced turnovers or "almost" good plays like the strong pass/shot to Schurrle to the corner of the 16 yard box that he couldn't catch up to but we need him to be more aggressive going forward instead of just passing the ball back to our two non-ball playing CB's every time.

I disagree on the scoring chance as I will always advocate for looking for shots inside the box and that was a bang-bang play as he had not much time with the ball at his feet to do much otherwise.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mo was one of the better players today. Even when he's bad, he's better than Castro. With a good tactical coach, Weigl and Mo would shine.

thisisthelife repped this.
  10. monere

monere Guest

I know that he's to good for Dortmund, I was just curious whether he's having any concrete offer, and from who cause I haven't heard of anything yet

11. monere

monere Guest

agreed, and honestly, I never understood why they dismissed tuchel. He was not as good as klopp (probably), but he was good enough to coach Dortmund

12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #37 Alex C, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    This. The same goes for a number of the younger players, and in fact the squad as a whole.

By far the biggest problem this season has been the inadequate coaching. Yes Stöger is better then Bosz, but not the level BVB requires.

To fire Tuchel and then hire these two has been an absolute joke decision by the management. It's almost like an intentional attempt to sabotage any chance the club has of competing for titles.

thisisthelife and z0mb1e repped this.