BL MD 22: BVB-HSV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Feb 10, 2018.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus and Akanji both in the starting lineup.

Bürki
    Piszczek Akanji Toprak Toljan
    Weigl
    Pulisic Kagawa Schürrle Reus
    Batshuayi

I don't really like the midfield, the formation seems strange and unbalanced. Kagawa will be the usual one to track back and help in the buildup but it seems too offensive minded. Either Schürrle or Reus don't fit in my opinion and take away the spot of an 8.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Good to see Reus back in action. Now let us hope that he can stay healthy for more than 2 months...

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no midfield presence

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand why we are playing a substandard Schürrle and Mo sits when we need Kagawa to play further forward. Makes no sense.

5. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    We look absolutely toothless and are extremely boring to watch. Hamburger have been the more threatening side in the first half. Gotze needs to come on in the second half, preferably for Schurrle.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    0:0 at halftime. Not a great game by us. Some good scenes whenever we opt for fast combinations but apart from these few scenes not much.

Akanji had one bad pass that initiated a dangerous counter that he helped to repair but looked promising otherwise. But the problem in this game isn't the defense.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Amazing how much rope Schürrle gets. He scores a winning goal and he's a core player. Dude scored after 11 months. And he's crap. Nobody values him outside of BVB. Nobody.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good News is that Berlin is beating Bayer so we might finish the weekend in 3rd.

9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I am not nobody.

10. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Bats rises to the occasion!

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Batshuayi scores. Hope the game gets better now.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yessssss mo

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Götze with the 2:0 after a nice assist by Schürrle.

15. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Nice way to settle it, Gotze makes it 2-0. But now we will have to tolerate Schurrle in the starting XI much longer, seeing as how the assist was made by him...

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    marioooooooooo

17. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    nice result at the end, but we'll not get far with starters like Toljan and Pisczek. Unfortunately, there's not many alternatives

18. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Good 3 point confidence booster to say the least and with Leverkusen losing we will go into next matchday in the top 3.

Schurrle had a terrible game until the last 10 minutes and the assist will (sadly) keep him starting but that may end up a good thing as he is capable of being a very good player so maybe a run of games with his bffs Reus and Gotze may just do that for him but I'm sceptical.

Finally a good showing by Mo. Instant impact when he came on.

Terrible game by Weigle however. We need him to provide the vertical passing but htat sorely missing today.

Bats is a great breath of fresh air. His hold up play is night and day compared to Auba.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Playing Götze in the no. 8 role has been a complete waste of his talent. With his speed returning, his positioning will improve. He's a goal threat and should play behind the striker.

Schürrle and Castro are useless. The former is terrible and the latter is a pylon. I hope they're to be sold in the summer.

Michy has a much wider skillet than PEA. Here's hoping he can use it to his advantage.

Let's not forget that he just scored against the two worst teams in the BL.

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's refreshing to see someone that seems as genuinely excited to be in Dortmund as Batman.

MtnGardener repped this.
  21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bastuayi puts himself in good positions that you want your striker to be in. It isn't surprising. His goals was just smart play. Put himself at the far post with the run. Remarkable what a little service does for a player who has a knack to score goals. Instead Conte wanted to use him as a target man....

Bats will score a lot. His linkup is okay and his holdup play is marginal, but he can and will improve upon that with playing. I'm thrilled for him and think he was screwed at Chelsea.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Weigl was terrible today. Running around like crazy, giving the ball away, defending the wrong space.

Reus and Batshuayi have what BVB needed: tricky ball movement. I think they are okay up front now. But Weigl and Dahoud are not holding down the middle. I feel like Weigl has the quality, but didn't see it today. And Dahoud just didn't show any feel for how to move the ball on attack, even with no pressure and lots of good options.

TimBenneth repped this.
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus is the only truly elite player left at the club. There are many problems in the team, but if Marco can stay healthy and get back to his best, BVB have a good chance of securing a top 3 place. With him and an improving Götze supporting Bats, the attacking third looks promising.

It is a shame what is happening with the midfield, in the summer I was excited by the prospects the combination of Weigl and Mo appeared to have. This season has been a frustrating waste of their potential.

24. interacmilan

interacmilan New Member

Varzim
    Andorra
    Feb 3, 2018
  25. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Decent game. The midfield does look light. Perhaps giving Dahoud a little time. It would also be good to draw Pulisic into the middle 3 as opposed to out on the wings, especially with Max Phillip and Reus coming back. Another option would be to have Guierrero play the 6 in Weigle's absence. Failing this, there is always Jean Michel Seri of Nice, I think he'd be a good edition.

I really hope Tah and Batshuayi end up being purchased this summer, I don't think the club need too many players in. I'm not sold on Toljan either ... hmmm. Decent game tho, Schurrle is on the comeback trail o_O