BL MD 21: FC Koln - BvB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MtnGardener, Feb 2, 2018.

1. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    This will be the corner! It will be turned. Let's see some exciting soccer. The team needs a win. I need to see some flow to the offense.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's get this done.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Köln are in good form. Not easy. At least there is no Sahin or Castro.

z0mb1e repped this.
  4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #4 hava, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Expected lineup:

Bürki
    LP Sokratis Topkrak Toljan
    Dahoud Weigl Kagawa
    Pulisic Batshuayi Schürrle

Bench: Weidenfeller, Akanji, Castro, Sahin, Sancho, Isak, Guerreiro

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    For the Germans, for whatever reason, you can watch the game on Eurosport without the need of their stupid player.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Batshuayi's link-up play looks promising, as does....Schürrle?

7. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Agreed. Schurrle has been looking good. BvB have gotten to really nice balls from left to right into space... both times there was no one there. On one, Pulisic had just made the decision to run into the center, if he had made the same run to the far post it was a tap in. Not saying he should have read it, it is just a 50/50 thing.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 for us called back by the video ref. Would have been Batshuayi's second goal.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Schurrle has been crap.

10. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i really hope you guys enjoy Bats for the rest of the season, he could be a good goalscorer for you. watching the match, i still personally think he could improve on his link play, he has good ideas but his execution is often lacking (too many one time flicks to runners that just rarely work). but if your dynamic attackers create chances he can definitely put it away.

this seems like a pretty typical performance from him from what i've seen so far. lot of good, some not so good. i think your style will match up with him better, while still allowing him to improve on the things he needs to.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We concede another stupid goal. We have a great counterattack chance, commit to the attack and then just lose the ball so easily and then they counterattack against us...

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bats with the second goal gives us the lead again.

13. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Still not convinced that Burki has what it takes to be our first choice keeper.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:2 after a corner. Some teams put a defender there to prevent such a goal.

15. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    My god we are so vulnerable to counters. It is like our entire defense operates in slow motion when we lose the ball.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schürrle scores.

17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a counterattack

18. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Sokratis... now that is a defender!

MtnGardener repped this.
  19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Toprak was good today. We finally win. Mo needs more min. Akanji looks promising.

20. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    The important bit is that we managed to secure 3 points. Bats looks good, but his stay will probably leave a sour taste in our mouths because of the stupidity of our transfer policy. Other than that - we have befell upon hard times indeed. Blind defense in the last minutes against Koln. And the way our players didn't even bother to counter in the last 5 minutes is just appalling. This is not BVB, but a perversion.

21. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Very enjoyable open game .Huge three points . Schurrle was very good , after a good performance when selected game before last .
    Great to see Guerreiro back . Good debut for Bats , but still can't see the point without an agreed option to buy .
    Lars Pollman must be the only one who thinks Burki is good enough . Great to see Dahoud wasn't just something I dreamt .
    Worrying Goetze out yet again .
    Still not convincing but will help team confidence

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We were down to 10 men and already conceded a counterattack goal. So the conservative approach in the last minutes was understandable. But we don't know how to bunker even after Freiburg last game showed how you can do that better tactically. Having only one line of defense in the penalty area is just a bad setup.
    Otherwise an enjoyable game. But defensively it wasn't good and this time that wasn't because of the CBs.

23. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Can you be more specific? He seemed to be finding space and moving the ball well. He and Bats were on the same page. What was it you didn't like? I am being totally serious, I'd like to understand what I am missing in what I see. The same thing that I feel happens when I see Yarmo making plays that others fail to finish, but then "Yarmo sucks" too.

podrinje repped this.
  24. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    It wasn't boring, but I didn't find it enjoyable either. Nerve wracking was more like it for me. You just have no idea when the Dortmund defense is suddenly going to cough up a cheap goal. Burki's best plays are great, but his average plays are not good enough in a position where any mistake is easily converted.

Batshuayi, so far, is looking like he knows how to make the spaces his teammates can exploit. And though he was offside on his "first" second goal, it was the sort of play that inspires confidence in the way the players are finding each other.

Defending corners is... problematic lately.

25. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yea this is just Slash's blind hate towards Schurrle and nothing else. I'm not a fan of the guy like most but today he was one of the best players on the pitch and deserved the goal, albeit very fortunate deflection goal.

Dahoud in every single appearance this season has underwhelmed at best. I'm hoping that this season has been tough on him psychologically which has led to a season-long form drought but you have to show glimpses of some resemblance to the Gldbach Dahoud and I have yet to see that.

Bats link-up play leaves a lot to be desired but I'm hoping this will improve once he gets more familiar with the players.

Pulisic was just awful today. Mistake after mistake on every final ball.