BL MD 17: Hoffenheim - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 20, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Akanji Hummels Zagadou
    Hakimi Weigl Brandt Schulz
    Sancho Götze Hazard

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Götze, nice attack. Dominant start from us.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hummels subbed because of an issue wjth his hand. Bruun Larsen in for Hazard as well. Two early subs with Akanji on a yellow.

4. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Whats the point of bringing another striker in if LF picks gotze over healthy paco anyways ....

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Already 3 good chances wasted by us in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We really need to convert one of those chances. We don't look that stable in defense.

7. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hoffenheim equalized. Sancho looks off weather, without Hazard and Reus the whole strikerless formation is toothless. Guess we'll see Paco or is he being rested for winter training camp.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And there it is, Hoffenheim scores. We played really bad in the last 20 minutes. No urgency, no intent to play football.

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Paco as the last sub. We also could have used Guerreiro today.

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Typical, Dortmund concedes late

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:1 Hoffenheim. We deserve this.

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Can we fire him now ?

15. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hope this is LFs last game

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

It wont be. We are too stupid.

17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I hope Favre is sacked, we cant go like this anymore.. You can see from the moon that something is wrong with how we play, something just isnt right..
    We play like there is no coach on the bench, undisciplined footballl..

FO be clever and give Poch whatever he wants!

hava repped this.
  18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What a shit show. We looked terrible in the second half. No leadership on the pitch. It looked as if the team had no idea what to do. We seemed to play for counterattacks but when we got these chances, we only attacked with 3-4 players and didn't maintain control.
    Hoffenheim didn't even play well but there was no drive in this team to crush them.

19. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    When you have a talent disparity then that should give you an advantage by forcing your game onto the opponent from the first whistle, controlling the game and esssentially concluding it in the first half. Instead we play the counter game, let the opponent control possession, build confidence, and put us under pressure which we have proven time and again that we cannot handle....Favre needs to go.

hava repped this.
  20. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well deserved loss. A less effective offence with reus injured, then he picks gotze to play as false 9 instead of a healthy natural striker in paco, then he replaces hazard in half time with a mediocre player at best whem we have RG on the bench next to paco. I dont know wtf was he expecting. Im not a tactical genius but even i could see the shits bout to hit the fan barely several minutes into the 2nd half, but LF didnt or he did but just chose to do f*ck all about it, i dunno which is worse.

Now lets see what happens in January, if we go into the 2nd half of the season with LF as our coach it will be a clear indication of how unambitious and balless our board is.

21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Favre won't get sacked because I suspect he'll do just enough for us to secure a Champions League spot.

Most infuriating are the local fans who think he's doing a great job. Matthias Suuk recently blocked me on Twitter for saying Favre's chicken shit mentality is harmful to the club. I guess the truth does hurt, after all.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Götze was the natural replacement for Reus and looked good in the first half. Paco is a different type but might be able to play this role.

23. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Most of all i would like the board to step off.. They did amazing job in the past, saved the club from bankruptcy, had luck with Klopp who won almost everything, but in the last 5 years, the board looks clueless, ita obvious they reached their maximum. They become unambitious, or did they always been, but just had luck to get Klopp who done miracle?

Favre wont be sack? You know why?
    Because he will finish in the top 4 and secure CL and thats all it matters..

We become German version of Arsenal...
    How sad....

24. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Same scenario all over again. Why do players stop attacking and start chilling around as soon as we are ahead. I wish Hoffenheim had scored that free kick early on.
    Favre was bad with subs. The only thing that may explain playing JBL is that they were showcasing him to potential buyers. But if he really thought that it would be a good substitution, then it's sad. I would have actually brought him off for Paco after seeing his performance.
    The mentality problem is still with us, sadly.