BL MD 17: Borussia Dortmund vs Hoffenheim

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Dec 16, 2017.

1. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I haven't been able to watch games live (or even the day of) lately, but I disagree with the hate on Yarmolenko. He has been the most creative on how he moves the ball forward. He makes things happen with quick and unpredictable distribution. And he works on defense also. Yes, he isn't good with the ball at his feet, he isn't as fast as you'd like, and he burns his energy in 60 minutes. But I think the problems are elsewhere. And Kagawa, other than being as wasteful as Auba, hasn't been bad either. I think the midfield has lacked creativity otherwise, and the defense just doesn't know what they are supposed to do.

Watching Guerreiro keep getting caught way upfield, then watching him look at the attack at a point he still has a chance to recover, make the wrong choice, and give up a two on one... it gets repetitive. They need to have him watch the video over and over until he understands. Even if he just put his head down and sprinted to the corner of the penalty box he'd do better than what he keeps doing.