BL MD 16: BVB - Leipzig

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 17, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Akanji Hummels Zagadou
    Hakimi Brandt Weigl Guerreiro
    Sancho Reus Hazard

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    15 minutes in and you can see that the ingredients for a good match are there. Leipzig show their quality and press high. We are doing well considering their pressure and find solutions using our technique and fast passing.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weigl smashes it in for the lead from what is usually a bad angle. Their GK is otherwise really good but is probably partially at fault.
    I hope we don't stop playing football because that won't end well against such an opponent.

4. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We are getting used to playing well without a designated centre forward, 4 shots on target and 1 goal in a strikerless formation. Impressive Favre's 3-4-3 is working out. Meanwhile Leipzig has not shot at our goal.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Brandt with a really nice goal. He previously had 2 lost balls in dangerous situations but that use of his technique was beautiful.

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Great ball control and touch by Brandt on that goal

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2 good saves by Bürki just before the half. Besides that, I can only think of two potentially dangerous situations for them: Lost ball by Brandt and another lost ball in their half followed by a long pass that almost found Werner and could have been their best chance had Bürki not intercepted it. Without the last 2 chances, I would have said that we can only beat ourselves as we made it really hard for them to create chances.

Still one half to go and we gave away a 3:0 lead against Nagelsmann's Hoffenheim last season. But at times it looked really good and I didn't expect that we could play like that against Leipzig.

8. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    This good form isnt just a result of a system change.. The biggest changes are OUT Lukasz, Nico.. IN Guerreiro, Zaga and Brandt (especially in midfield)...

9. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Team is playing with confidence up and down the line-up. Need to keep foot on the gas pedal as Leipzig has shown just before half time that they're not dead which should give them a boost.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, Leipzig get an early goal in the second half.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Werner 2:2 after a really bad backpass...2:0 lead and all the work from the first half lost after 7 minutes.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho 3:2. 3 goals in 10 minutes.
    Please stay concentrated. We gifted them two goals, just don't do it again.

13. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I would offer up to 50M for Hakimi, im not kiding.. They wont find that kind of RB anywhere

astrophyz repped this.
  14. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Because Real Madrid is a small Spanish club that really needs that money?

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho off injured. I hope nothing serious.

16. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Favre and his subs......

17. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The goals we conceded were unbelievably stupid. What's the point of being the better team ffs

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lost opportunity to really make a statement.
    Also Demme just putting himself in Hummsels path, stopping and throwing himself to the ground for really every corner is such a laughable tactic. Ridiculous that the ref falls for it.

First half was good offensively and defensively. In the second half, we make 3 crucial mistakes in defense and don't use a couple of good opportunities after we regained the lead. This should have been an easy win.

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    16 mathes so far, 8 wins....... If someone told me that before, i would not believe..
    That is so bad, omg, 50% wins in this shitty quality league.. You cant except to win the title with that lack of winning mentality.
    Put City or Lpool in this league, they would have so far 16 wins and GD 60:10..
    This team needs better coach and a striker, desperately

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's not a shitty quality league. We just saw a really nice match. Also, it's laughable to compare leagues with different standards. Take away the sugar daddies and their inflated TV contracts and see how they do. I hate it that the league that overall tries a more responsible approach without amassing debts and ceding control of their clubs to outside influence gets shit on. City in the BL would have gone nowhere. They would be at best where they were before their sugar daddy.

dragonSLO repped this.
  21. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We wont win title in the next 10 years.. We are pathetic

22. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not an undeserved result, BVB better in the 1st half, RBL in the 2nd. I’d still say Favre - Nagelsmann 0:1

23. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Better coach I can agree with but this team has no problems scoring enough goals even though Paco is always injured. The bigger question is what do you do with Reus if you get a new striker? With how Brandt is playing you can't move Reus into his spot so the only option is on the outside in place of Hazard but he's just not effective on the flanks as he is centrally.

This team is in dire need of either a coach that is a strong motivator or daily sessions with sports psychologists because their main issues lie with their psyche and lack of concentration.

Today they beat themselves as they had RB bottled up and in control for most of the game but two huge blunders not only tied the game but swung all the momentum the other way and put all the pressure on our players which they have proven time in and time out that they can't cope with.

That is the real issue with the team.

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Paco has been on the bench for some games now. It's not that he's left out because he's injured. He's missing because of the system. So I wonder, too, how we will play with a real striker (him or possibly Haaland should he decide to come here) or whether our preferred system will even include a striker because at the moment, we are doing better without one. But should we play with a striker, our system would most likely change back to Reus as a 10 again.

25. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #25 Scheherazade, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    The 3-4-3 puts more men in the midfield so it is harder to press and isolate our attacking players. It worked today especially the first half, second half was shit because of freak mistakes (what are the chances Bürki and Brandt head and backpass to Werner) which have nothing to do with the formation.

hava repped this.