BL MD 15: Mainz- BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 14, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Akanji Hummels Zagadou
    Hakimi Weigl Brandt Schulz
    Sancho Reus Hazard

Schulz is the only change and we'll find out how well he can play in that system.
    Another game on the bench for Alcacer.
    Mainz struggle this season and it's only wins or losses for them. They had recent wins against Hoffenheim and Frankfurt, though.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Could/Should have been a hand ball penalty for us. But who knows anymore. Before that Zagadou with a chest/upper arm clearance where you can get unlucky as well.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    pretty forgone that if we lose today Favre can be sacked right?

I mean honestly Im not sure what has to happen

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Bremen up 1-0 already. Man We really need to be taking advantage of a down Bayern club that seems only focused on winning the CL. Because in league play they have been pretty bad.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Well what is comical that Bayer and us get away draws after a Championsl league match while Bayern get the home and still look sluggish.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus scores. He prefers to do the more demanding goals.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Good goal from Reus.

I am going to be fair to Favre and despite not creating many chances this is the way we should be playing against the likes of Mainz. Dominating the ball and forcing them back.

8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    good team goal there. Well played of course we almost conceded before halftime

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We pretty much dominated except the first and last 5 minutes. With a bit more precision regarding the final ball, the lead could have been much higher.
    There were also a couple of potential pk situations. The handball is 50:50 for me and sadly depends on the ref, the holding of Reus was more deserving of a pk. The Hazard situation in live play didn't look like a pk, on the only replay I saw, it looked like a clear contact.

10. Dellpierro

Dellpierro New Member

Dortmund
    Jul 22, 2019
    It's a great chance to score one more on the counter now, lets go boys!

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho 2:0. Zagadou first blocks Mainz' attack, makes the run over the whole field and then sets up Sancho perfectly.

12. Dellpierro

Dellpierro New Member

Dortmund
    Jul 22, 2019
    That's it, fast and furious... its so nice to see players backing Favre and this now looks pretty inspiring.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hazard 3:0. Nicely executed counterattack and a nice strike by Hazard.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nothing to complain concerning the result but the next step has to be reducing errors and to be more clinical. I also think we played a bit too passive and too reliant on counterattacks in the second half.
    The trend is good but the next game midweek against Leipzig will be a true test.

15. Dellpierro

Dellpierro New Member

Dortmund
    Jul 22, 2019
    To be honest, I think that's some kind of syndrome for Favre's teams after taking the lead, if we think about the same same thing. He is that kind of romantic person hehe, too romantic :)))

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It is typical for Favre's football and we criticized that often in the last season. But it was something that I thought we improved in the new system, for example against Düsseldorf or in the first half of today's game.