BL Matchday 16: Mainz - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 12, 2017.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The next game against Hoffenheim should be harder and will tell us a bit more about where the team is.
    But Stöger's approch as a new coach for a struggling team seems like a no-brainer in the sense that he isn't as dogmatic (paraphrasing):
    "I never invented anything. I am reliant on what the players are capable to do. I tried to build a system where the players play where they feel as comfortable as possible."

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aki must think everybody is a complete idiot. According to Bild, Aki says that Stöger is not an emergency solution.

FFS mate, even Bosz was an emergency solution. Störer is an emergency solution X2.

Can't get over the fact that Julian Nagelsmann was spotted at the match yesterday. It could not have been more obvious what he was doing there. And in light of KHR criticising him, it is all the more obvious what is going on. JN has chosen BVB. Hopp is playing hardball with Aki.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eureka.

Why some coaches feel the need to constantly play players out of position I'll never know, this philosophy sounds more promising.

As for Nagelsmann, he would be a good appointment and hopefully it happens, but could it not be that he was at the Mainz game in order to scout Dortmund, as this is Hoffenheim's next match after today?

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He doesn't scout every opposition. Didn't scout Bayern e.g.

5. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #30 y-lee-coyote, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    JN might be just wanting to see how a new coach might set BvB up. I mean that is plausible.