BL Matchday 12: Stuttgart vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Nov 17, 2017.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Friday kick off.

Burke, Schmelzer, Toljan, Sokratis, Bartra,Weigl, Kagawa, Goetze, Schurrle, Yarmolenko, Phillipp.

We are 1-0 down. A terrible mix up between Bartra and Burki gifting them a goal. Gotze looks good.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    This match at the very least has restored my belief in Gotze. He is getting it back. It' been a long road but he is becoming the player he was.

bvbSlash and podrinje repped this.
  3. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Gotze has been the MOTM so far. Simply outstanding game in all facets.

Schurrle has been great this game. His movement off the ball, hold up and link up play have been excellent and certainly shows what we are missing when Aubameyang plays as he just doesn't do any of that. The link-up play between Schurrle, Gotze, and Yarmolenko has been very good.

Toljan is finally playing with some balls and instead of passing the ball back every time he actually is using his pace and agility to dribble past defenders and link up with Yarmolenko and Schurrle up front. This is what this team needs out of him.

Kagawa, however, has been a non-factor so far.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's the only bright spot in the whole match. Peter Bosz needs to be booted out.

And I'm glad Schürrle missed and Phillip scored. Both deserved what they got.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Another loss. Just do what has to be done before we lose even more ground in the race for top 4. It's turning into a disastrous season.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why will it take to get rid of Bosz and Watzke from this club???

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1 point out of 15 possible points in the last matches.
    Pack your bags, Bosz. I'll volunteer and drive you home personally. I've heard the Netherlands have nice coffee shops, too. That certainly beats going back to work on monday with my Stuttgart supporting co-worker.

Also, thanks Auba. Not only lacking the discipline in these difficult times to come to the training on time, but reportedly also getting a film crew into our grounds without permission for commercials is helping us tremendously. I hope he pays it back the next games.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  8. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Firing Bosz is vital, and needs to happen immediately, but it will not solve all the problems. It is starting to become clearer that whilst Watzke is still in his job the club wil continuel going backwards.

Is there any chance he will follow Bosz out of the door?

Liquid1010 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Most of the players are playing with no confidence at all and it's visible. Combine that with a system that calls for a pressing game with a high line and it's a disaster which we're living through right now.

10. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Problems here much deeper than Bosz , too many ordinary players and a chairman who thinks ambition is to forget about Bayern

11. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You may be right but the first step is to get rid of that very bad coach!!

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Everybody blamed the squad back in 2014-15. Yet TT took that same squad and tuned it into world class.

Of course Castro, Toprak, Schürrle and Rode need to gtfo but the rest of the squad is too good to be playing like this under a competent coach. PB needs to go back down about 5 levels. Watzke needs to go back to stitching security gear.

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Tuchel did very well with Mkhitaryan, but he was helped with luckily having Reus and Gundogan fit for an entire season.

When Reus returns he will drag Dortmund to the top 4, as long as Bosz is not allowed to do too much damage.

The squad is a good young team, but I still it needs a few more signings. I would just throw 100 million at Leverkusen should they not get top 4 and try for all of Leno/Heinrichs/Brandt.

Dahoud was rusty today and almost gave away three or 4 goals, but he showed what he is very good at.
    1. Making lots of niggling fouls that break up play and somehow he does not get booked for.
    2. The excellent ability to pass through the lines. He made some great passes through the lines, which is why he is wasted playing further forward.
    3. He is confident receiving the ball and always ask for it rather than hiding behind a defender like Castro.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't see Reus dragging the team to 4th. Agreed about Mo though. A bit of match practice and he'd be excellent alongside Weigl. Also its remarkable how Bosz has turned him into such a mediocre player. At this rate Thomas Doll was a better coach.

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is shocking...seriously.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That Bosz is a completely incompetent coach?

17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The front office has to react.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are in full crisis mode for weeks and Watzke says internally they are completely calm.

Bayern fires coach when they are 2nd in BL and in the CL.

We are out of the CL and likely fighting for mid table mediocrity and our coach is safe. Yes Watzke is a little incompetent idiot.

19. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Reus has constantly dragged this team in the bad times. An ACL is a very serious injury.

Surely not even Bosz can survive two mores losses next week.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm curious to see if Reus and Götze can work their mental magic when the former returns. The latter looks leaner, ready to take on defenders and can keep up his intensity level for an hour and more.

Bosz will last longer than that. Watzke is a fücking imbecile.

21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The problem with getting rid of Watzke is that the board of directors love him to bits, and none of us is a board member, so asking for his resignation is unrealistic on our behalf since they have the final say on the matter.

22. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

23. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Bosz is garbage... and hearing Schmelzer after the match was cringeworthy.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watch them get hammered by Spurs.

The team bus got cans thrown at it and the players were insulted. Why isn't Bosz and Watzke directly attacked?

25. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I wonder how long PB can keep his job with basically two players, RG and Gotze, looking anything like they might find their best form.

Other than those two every other player on the team looks to be out of form. I can find some reasons for Puli not looking himself the last month or so, but nobody really looks to be their best.

How long can a coach last with those type of performances?