BL 2019/20 MD1: BVB - Augsburg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Aug 17, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hitz
    LP Akanji Hummels Schulz
    Weigl Witsel
    Sancho Reus Hazard
    Alcacer

Nice depth on the bench. A good start would be important to set the tone.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    that escalated quickly..... already down 0-1.. starting the season with a bang i guess.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    and now we score. haa gonna be crazy

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Alcacer with the answer 2 minutes later. 1:1.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    not a great first half with a lucky rebound goal but we had a ton of chances

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A good start (except the first minute) by us but it got slower towards the end. Good chances for Reus, Weigl and Witsel to score the lead. Sancho needs to do more to make our right side more dangerous but he did well whenever he relied on his instincts and actually getting balls in.
    Schulz and Hazard are a good duo with more scenes than LP+Sancho but what stands out is that they struggled so far to get usable balls into the penalty box after they did well to get into promising positions on the left wing. And it's not like a 50:50 failure situation, it feels more like a 90:10 failure to success rate.

The good thing is, we created dangerous situations against a defensive minded opponent when we played fast and we have some players on the bench for that style to go for the win.

7. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    cant allow those early match scoring chances like we did. Very fortunate to equalize so quick.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho 2:1. Finally a semi-dangerous ball from the left wing, but it was by Witsel.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3:1 Reus. Their goalie was decent so far but really effed up here.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    and the route is on!!!!! nice

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    4:1 Alcacer. Suddenly everything works out. Sancho really woke up after his goal and had his part in the following two goals.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Brandt 5:1. Second time Witsel gets such a ball over the defense. I don't know whether we are that good in exploiting spaces or whether Augsburg are just not able to defend at all.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The final result is deserved but the score still sounds better than how the match developed over the full 90 minutes. There was a certain element of luck involved for some of the goals.
    I like the more composed Hazard as the partner to Sancho but there needs to be more endproduct. Other than that, not much to complain about obviously.
    I liked Alcacer's workrate. Hummels' passing was excellent. I think his plus Witsel's and Weigl's ability to execute precise long balls will help to make the game fast and keep defenses busy.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Route to where?

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This was a really good team performance. Apart from Götze everybody played well. Of course the first min gitters is to be expected. Then again I don't understand how a squad could have Reus, Hummels, Witsel and LP yet still manage to concede in the first min.

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

i was on my phone lol , auto correct .. perhaps the route to a rout

17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I saw the highlights. It was a great result. ItsI great to be dangerous from both sides.

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Three points but no clean sheet, meaning the job was only half done. Now the focus must be on the next match.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    After that Augsburg goal we absolutely dominated. Sure it hurts since Freiburg managed to keep a clean sheet but last year in the same encounter we needed a Paco freekick in the last minute to win. So it's quite an improvement.