Bjj

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Bronaldo, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Just wondering if any of the Brazilian posters or others who post in this section train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I've been training for a few months now and i'm terrible, but i really enjoy it and i know i'll become less crap with time.

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've been training on and off for 10 years now and yet I'm still a blue belt.. heheh ( I can finish most purples on my place but who cares?) I got my first belt from Ze Mario Sperry and trained mostly unders Carlson Gracie clan, did some time with Renzo Gracie in NYC where I trained with two black belts Rolles and Igor Gracie son's of the legend Rolls Gracie. I had stopped for a few years but I'm back for about a month now so I'm getting the rust off and I hope to finally make my purple official by the years end. The thing with BJJ is that since there's no exam of system and is really up to your master for the slackers like me that dont' go to the academy all that often or don't compete in every single tournament they will keep you down. Or should I say, I'm keeping myself down with my attitude. Train hard, learn from the experienced, don't be ashamed of losing and you will have the best time of your life.

3. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Once you are in a choke hold....how long before you black out due to loss of oxygen going to your brain?

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    depends.

Somewhere on youtube they did a test with some of the more common chokes (triangle, RNC, Arm Triangle) just to see how long it takes.

Blood Chokes are a lot more dangerous tho.

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I did Jiu-Jitsu in my teenage years under Reylson Gracie and his academia in Rio.

My sister and I each had to pick an extra-curricular activity and my Dad was a friend of Reylson's from their youth in Rio/Teresopolis so he came up with that idea i think.

It was easily one of the best things I've ever done - as a kid it gave me confidence and helped me be less shy and more comfortable in situations outside of school/home. It also helped me with fitness later on.

I wish I had something of the sort today to invest my energy in.