Birmingham/Everton, 02/10/10

Discussion in 'Everton' started by patfan1, Oct 1, 2010.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game tomorrow ... if nothing else, at least Sticky Toffee kept this board going.

Can we actually get our first win of the year, as the the Toffees head to St. Andrew's?

Game is on TV but the 10am kickoff won't be shown till noon (tape delay) on FSC.

There'll be a few of us in Nashua, NH watching at the Nashua Garden, so any of you in the area, feel free to stop by.

2. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Saturdays. This one should be a good one.

3. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I gave him three very damned good chances. I even told him to contact me in a month or two to see about removing the ban, but let's just say that is not going to happen after his reaction.

I just got in about 30 mins ago from my vacation. this game just got here too fast for me, or i'd have started a thread. The only problem giving him credit for keeping things going, is ignoring the fact that at least 4 people left/stopped posting because of him...

here's hoping we turn this board around, and that our blue boys get a ********ing win.

now. where's my pillow?

4. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cahill is gonna miss time for the Asian cup thing? That's annoying, but not really since country > club although clubs pay the majority of the bills.

5. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ridgewell the softy

6. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am not watching so much right now. might go to the bar for the tape delay at noon. stupid stream I have keeps stopping. i have maybe watched 5 minutes out of 34...

we need this win, i don't care if it's pretty or not at this point (although I love pretty games no matter the outcome ;)) get us the full 3 ffs boys!!!!!!

and surprise surprise, my stream went down again... ~sigh~ ok off to the bar it is then :D

7. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Points!!!! What a goal made by Baines, Cahill on the end of it as always.

Yak is probably as frustrating as Dane Richards. Coleman and Neville don't link up well down the right. I guess I'm gonna blame Neville for that.

Anyone know when Rodwell is coming back?

8. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i hate to say it but i think it's time for nev to bow out gracefully and let hibbo back in, he and coleman do a lot better together. p.nev passes backwards 90% of the time, or bloots it up field the other 10%.

also, ossie gives everything but peanut is just that bit more class i guess you could say, and peanut links up with baines a bit better.

not cahill's best game, he seemed really quiet and not quite as "go-all-out" as normal. classic heading it in though... what a surprise for a tiny goal to be a header ;) Can't really fault him for anything, but just wasn't an amazing game.

I don't get moyes' tactics lately... take off yak for heitinga? even cahill was like "where the ******** am i supposed to go?" you could see him asking heitinga when he came on and was telling micky to go in front of him... and cahill was frustrated. I can only imagine the players must be frustrated to be played out of position and what not and for us not to see results of that.

Not the prettiest game, but let's hope the 3 points inspires us to beat our next opponents in 2 weeks.... kopite scum ;)

so... I suppose I can do some ratings.

Howard: 5. not very tested IMO, but didn't really do anything wrong.

P.Nev: 4. I'm all for possession, but if backpasses are all you can do...

Jags: 5-6. He made some good plays that could have earned him a 7 (exceeds expectations ;-)) but he also made a few blunders that dropped it down. He covered for Distin, but then Distin had to cover for him. Getting worried. This isn't the Jags we knew and loved. I want that Jags back.

Distin: 5-6. Pretty much same reasons as Jags. Distin was worrying me a bit more, but now I'm worrying Jags won't get his pre-injury form back :(

Baines: 7. Tireless, crosses, more attacking, tracks back swiftly.

Coleman: 6. Getting better. Still loses the ball in 1-on-1's a bit much in the box. Starting to show understanding of his teammates. If he
    continues to develop at this pace, he'll pretty much have his name penned in for right wing.

Arteta: 7. Very quiet in a way, but also was the lynch pin of the middle. pretty much all balls went through him. Nothing outstanding to get him an 8/9/10 (well except for his looks but i don't think you all care too much about that :p

Felli: 5. Boring. Don't remember seeing too much of him at all.

Ossie: 5. Tireless, dedicated, underestimated a lot, did nothing much today.

Cahill: 7. Quiet, not as much whining which I am thankful for, took his header in classic Timmy style. Nothing else to say.

Yak: 5. if he hadn't actually tracked back as much as he did, this would be a 4. he missed that goal chance in the first half, which as a professional fwd, it's unacceptable to place a weak ass shot as he did.

subs:

Heitinga/Billy. no rating. Don't see that they changed anything about the game to be honest. I lay that more at moyes' tactics feet than at theirs. They did what he asked them to do.

COYB!

9. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    About time!

Think it was the pink kits that gave us that extra kick today?

10. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Quality result, would've taken a point at best before the game. When we scored albeit by an own goal which isn't much of a confidence booster, all I could think of was getting pegged back by Cameron Jerome in the 83rd minute for a point.