bini's babes

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, my friend's psoas' lesion was quite serious... I guess that, like with any other muscle, you can hurt it at very different levels of seriousness... I just hope Nécib is ok soon: it just wouldn't be the same Euro without her.

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Excellent news ! Swedish ref Jenny Palmqvist will be in charge of France-Russia ! :thumbsup:

3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    France team should be, according to the last training : Sarah Bouhaddi - Corine Franco, Wendie Renard, Laura Georges, Laure Boulleau - Elise Bussaglia, Sandrine Soubeyrand (cap.) - Eugénie Le Sommer, Camille Abily, Gaëtane Thiney - Marie-Laure Delie.

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mouais bof, Thiney back on the left, Soubeyrand with her usual athleticism problems. Let's hope Catala, Bretigny or Asseyi get some game time once, we manage to score a few ( if we can).

5. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Whole teams has athleticism problems. Just watch them against the USA. If there was ever a team which needed to hit the weight room pre-WC, it's Team Weak Link France.

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    People called for seeing Abily playing #10, and when it happens, it is again Soubeyrand and Thiney who seem important... Aaah, les Français... :p

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    because they're the weakest players on the team... at least when GT's on the left.

debzy repped this.
  8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oh come on, Guignol, Thiney played so many times on the left side in 2010 and 2011 and she was the best French player, even in 2012 before the Olympics. I only reacted to this French pavlovian behaviour consisting in criticizing absolutely everything a priori, just because it's Bini who took the decision. You perfectly know what I'm talking about. Why not reacting to Le Sommer starting the match when her performances with the NT have been abyssal for some time ? Just because her name is not Thiney or Soubeyrand ? You want to leave Thiney on the bench ? Yes, unless she plays #10, because it's her better position, right ? Oh, but that's a shame not putting Abily in 10, then. So ? Every time, it's wrong. So predictable.
    This apart, I agree with the wish to see Catala, Asseyi or Bretigny having some time.

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Funny serie in which Nils, Swedish reporter, tries to find what is Les Bleues' secret, at Clairefontaine...
    Episode 1 (were there any trick ? can Cocotte really achieve this ?)

Episode 2 (i think this is the secret - how not to score)​
    (to be followed...)​

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I did a lot of "off the ball watching" at the game in Angers and I can confirm both Abily and Soubeyrand were rubbish, the main problem is they were uncoordinated and an out of position Soubeyrand is not capable of tracking back to compensate the other player positioned too high.

I think Thiney plays very well behind Delie and is more efficient there than on the left wing. Le Sommer rather than Thomis surprised me as well.

guignol repped this.
  11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    off the ball watching is pretty much all i do at T10. and ELS is excellent from that standpoint. it's when she has the spotlight on her that things go south.

debzy repped this.
  12. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The problem is , that is THE only position where she can be useful in the NT same as Abily and Necib (but because Bini only want Louisa to play there) so one as to be "sacrified"...I am very surprised , as many are saying , that Abily will play number 10 today but I think this mean that Bini see her as a remplacement for Necib now ...Anyway , Allez les files!!!

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Indeed, and it leads me to think that against Spain Louisa will be back at 10 and Soubeyrand rather than Abily will play alongside Bussaglia. o_O
    I think the best combination is a midfield 4 of Henry Bussaglia Necib Abily plus Thiney Delie up front in a 4-2-2-2 but that formation needs to be balanced properly especially in the midfield square coordination.

Gromit06 repped this.
  14. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes me too , may be with Le Sommer instead of Thiney...I want to give Eugenie a chance again...., Anyway this formation could have been tried in friendlies but we have Bini as coach......:rolleyes:

15. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I totally agree with this. I wish to see it against England. Boulleau is a very attacking LB, so no need to have a real LW. The problem might be on the right, unless Cocotte finds her long legs again to run and deliver good crosses.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Game day vs Spain, Bruno Bini said all 23 players are available. I am surprised Henry is already fit. I can't see her starting. If Necib gets back in, you bet Abily will be dropped and not Soubeyrand. We know that Bouhaddi, the back 4 plus Thiney Delie won't be dropped, So there are like 7 players fighting for the 4 remaining places.

17. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think it would be wise to put Camille at rest for at least an hour (maybe less if the things go wrong). Keep Amandine in reserve for England (with Camille) and make Soub play vs Spain, before leaving her on the bench vs England. Tatane, who was the most disappointing vs Russia, needs to play and have a good game to find self-confidence again, excatly in the same way as Eugénie vs Russia.
    I would put this team on the pitch :
    Bouhaddi​
    Franco Georges Renard Boulleau​
    Bussaglia Soubeyrand​
    Necib​
    Thiney​
    Le Sommer Delie​

18. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    The Ikea furniture in the woods in the first clip was hilarious.

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am hoping for a big win tonight to send England home and Hope Powell get the sack ;)

20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If Bini don't make a favour to his friend by putting Meilleuroux as starter ....we should win or draw this game with no problem .

21. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    1,071 million people watched France-Spain on W9 + about 270,000 on Eurosport (is Eurosport player included ?).

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good result 3-0 v England. Next is Danemark, we will have to be better with finishing because again we should have scored 5 or 6 overall.

Starting 11 should be interesting, I guess this will be it
    Bouhaddi, Franco Renard Georges Boulleau ( Houara if Boulleau still injured), Bussaglia Henry, Le Sommer or Abily Necib Thiney, Delie.

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry but Thiney has nothing to offer any more , she can't play as LW and behind the main striker, where she played so badly yesterday , is a guarantee spot for Necib or Abily . Gaetane 's Euro should be over since last night , if Bini makes her the starter and captain again the rumors concerning the true nature of their relation will emerge again stronger than ever .
    By the way Henry-Bussaglia midfield should be declare illegal.....:laugh:...Le retour d'Amandine:inlove:

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think buss has been awesome. as BB says, it's a probleme des riches.

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can bet Abily will be dropped rather than Thiney and if anyone believes the bullshit froma papaer about Thiney and Bini, they need their head examined.