bini's babes

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    list is out for france's squad to face eire and scotland in the next two qualifiers:

http://www.fff.fr/individus/selections/der_selection.php?id_selection=2

sarah bouhaddi left off... even though her lyon backup has been picked and will probably start.

and soubeyrand gets 2 closer to her 200th cap after which we can all get on with it i hope... just after disappointing again in next summer's euro.

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think Phillipe will start actually and Soubeyrand :eek:. We don't need her with Franco, Abily and Bussaglia in midfield.

3. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That flirtation with Bouhaddi was so short. :eek:

Also, I hear Soyer's been added for someone. Thoughts on this?

BTW, I thought Franco played DF (or at least she did in the Olympics). She plays MF instead?

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Franco is a central midflied that got used as an emergency right back originally but did well when the main right back had a long time injury so stayed there.
    Bini considers Bouhaddi didn't perform enough, the same thing was happening to Sapowciz before she retired after the World Cup.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think cocotte has listed as MF by the FFF before but right now the list shows her as a defender and she'll almost certainly play at RB; she did put in a very good match in cyprus (against england i think) at DMF.

soyer added in place of viguier i have no problems about, although the defender who really should be dropped is another unfathomable bini favorite (his second choice captain after soubeyrand) ophelie meilleroux.

philippe starting over deville is good news, imo she's the second best GK in france after bouhaddi. but the one admittedly huge howler aside, sarah did fine in london. if BB is going to start choosing his team based on performance he has a lot more important changes to make than dropping sarah which is as vindictive as it is illogical.

for soubeyrand the blame is shared. bini's favoring her is incomprehensible, but her not realizing that the time has come for her to step down is indecent. she's doing no one any favors, least of all herself.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    bouhaddi is on the squad after all, replacing injured laëtitia philippe... likely leading to the ubuesque situation of her being backup to her club backup.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think both kepper will get a game.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, if celine gets the first sarah will almost certainly get the second!

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    bompastor has been left off the list for the upcoming england and netherlands friendlies.

apparently she had a discussion with bini before the ireland match. sonia said if she stays with les bleues, it has to be to win the 2013 euro; what else was said we don't know.

what we do know is that she rode the bench against ireland and scotland and now has been left off entirely.

http://www.une-deux.net/Sonia-Bompastor-a-la-retraite-internationale_a1434.html

http://www.olweb.fr/fr/Actualites-s...0569/Bompastor-absente-de-la-liste-des-Bleues

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think Bompastor asked for the truck's key more or less and got a fin de non recevoir...shame really. Boulleau in form will be good for th team. Gadea not selected is also a surprise.

11. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't understand your coach. Dumping Bompastor when Soubeyrand and Melleroux are still on the squad?

12. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You know we french have many mini "Napoleon" in our country.......Bini ,Domenech ,Sarkozy etc...
    Many who believed to be "genius" until they face the truth...Domenech and Sarkozy already paid their supposed "geniality" at a very high price.....Bini probably after euro13 .
    Anyway, the ommission of bompastor , if it will happens even for the euro , will be a disaster for the team inside and outside.Inside because Sonia is popular and respected among her teammates , coaches and fans ......despite Henry who is hot tempered sometimes.....I can easily see Abily , who is like a little sister for Sonia, being very angry by Bini's decision .
    Outside because Boulleau is overrated as a LB , she is good going forward but because she basicly always plays as a LM for PSG , she is not so at defending........She will suffer a lot against a good winger , Clarke or Carney will be a nightmare for little laure.

13. lolGOL

lolGOL Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for reals! wondering what the frenchies on this board think of Soubeyrand's (somewhat) recent statements regarding her career. For example, here: http://www.footofeminin.fr/BLEUES-S...arreter-sa-carriere-internationale_a5375.html:
    "Asked about continuing her international career, Sandrine Soubeyrand said: "I did not want to return to the team for other reasons. I wanted to stop but the coach told me he needed me," she told the Le Parisien journalist before adding: "I make these two games, and after that it is unclear. I'm not sure if I come back," a choice reasoned by a lack of desire, adding that she "was not indispensable".
    [poor translation due to google and myself, mostly]

it sounds like she's ready to hang it up, at least for the national team. good for her for a long career.

Is Bini really so profoundly stupid as to seek to prevent a well-past-her-prime player from retiring in at least some dignity? As a short sidenote, I saw a Juvisy game last year, in which Soubeyrand absolutely sucked. I lost count, but I think she kicked the ball from midfield straight out of bounds at least 7 times. Bini was there, and I chatted with him briefly. He seemed to see no problem in the match (Juvisy did win, against much weaker competiton). It was strange; he let off an aura of extremely zen (ignorant?) bliss. His appearance was certainly enhanced by his yogi-style blue zoot suit... that's the best explanation I can provide for this outfit...

So my question is, is this guy really so looney tunes/fou/insane that he doesn't realize the idiocy of his selections? Or is he just maintaining the players who support him, attempting to fend off mutiny, as it were?

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He is just not selecting potential troublemakers ( Henry, Bompastor, Tonazzi), the main problem being they are very good players.

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that's how i see it too. but the fact that she went to BB and talked about it openly yet confidentially when others would have wormed little locker room mini-mutinies shows a maturity of approach that her vis-a-vis has always sorely lacked. compare also to recent potentially destructive and certainly very unprofessional and uncaptainlike digs at lyon and lyon players soubeyrand made in the press (le parisien... same itw as lolGOL cites i believe) around the same time!

gadéa left off is even more a shocker (or would be if you don't know how illogical bini can be) for those who saw how she had to play for two to cover the back of an absolutely non-existent meilleroux against PSG. i'm sure if lindsay horan is paying attention she's flabbergasted!

it's already started: coming off the field during the scotland match cam slapped hands with all her teammates but with special emphasis for soso and sarah and very visibly snubbing mamie soub'.

you know i understand the validity of the idea of a projet de vie (even if i find bini's version of it childish and ineffectual) but at this point it's gone too far. and whose definition of trouble are we talking about? soso can be a hothead but she's knows the team comes first. the trouble she represents is not trouble for the EdF but for bini's tin-hat dictatorship over it.

as i've posted elsewhere* i think bompastor's eventual destiny is clear: sélectionneuse! and although this is no material threat to BB or probably his direct successor, the case for her is so evident that psychologically the little man feels very, very threatened.

that would be logical but the FFF is not the most logical of all governing bodies, and if public opinion is paying more and more attention to football féminin their understanding is still too sketchy to really judge what's going on. and the media in general are still under the charm of the bard. listen to french telecasts : during an OL match the announcers talk as much about juvisy as lyon! and for EdF matches it's all about the great attitudes the girls all have, such sportsmanship and solidarity, and we all know that's exagerrated. even more telling, during MHSC-PSG fabien leveque (who normally does men's matches) repeatedly gave meilleroux credit for gadéa's play, because he knew the one (after all, she plays for bini!) and not the other. as for those announcers who do know who amandine henry is, they're part of that anti-gone juv'91 maf that is eating all this up with a spoon.

*i see you're not posting on olweb anymore and don't know if you're following the discussions there. i understand the childishness there is offputting but if poeple like you and a couple of others just sign off there's no hope of ever raising the level of debate.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah I have given up on OLWEB, there are many unreasonable and rude posters given free reign. Can't be bothered.

I think every fan in France is wondering what is happening there. What I can see is every country has seen coaches not selecting the best players available because they don't get on with them. Or players don't want to play with other players.

17. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry but I have to come back to this story , I still can't believe Bini bumped out Sonia .
    First of all I would like to address a special message to Shlj .
    I don't know who you are but you seems to be close to the world of women football in general , specially the english one, however, when your things like this one i o
    I just can't let it go.
    Excuse me o_O....The definition of troublemakers is someone who by is negative act , instigation ,provocation , disturb etc......break the armony of a group . You know better than me that the only person in france who deserved this sobriquet is without any doubt Bouhaddi for what she has done in the past..........Sonia and Tonazzi are two very strong character but neither have ever been accused of disturbance by they former club or teammates . Henry is a rebel ,very very strong character ,she is the kind of girl who said what she thinks without thinking about the consequences.She can be too direct sometimes but she is not a loudmouthed agitator who for her own sadistic pleasure likes to break peace and armony in a group ........
    By bringing back Bouhaddi Bini showed that is "projet de vie" it's all bullcrap !!!
    Create to mask the fact that he is a dictator without any regard about ancienty , experience ,talent etc......The only thing who matter for him is to be considerer as a "semi~god" by his players, someone who can never be criticize in public or private , just a word againts him and you'll be banned forever . Actually i'd like to know what Bouhaddi has done to comeback in the team.

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If you remember the l'Equipe article before the Ireland game . It was obvious the writing was on the wall. As costly as it is in term of performance, if Bompastor is not happy well, let's remember that JDD interview : "if the players don't agree with the team 's projet de vie , there is no sanction...they won't be selected for the team, that's it". Simple and clear. We know have no back-up at left back which is a big problem for a long tournament.

Of course questions have to be asked why not selecting so many good players. They are all not selected for unrelated reasons but it does not help the team on the pitch even if everything is 100% off the pitch. The balance is wrong basically although in term of logic in policy not selecting Henry and Tonazzi is consistent. Getting Bouhaddi back wasn't and it obviously didn't work at the the Olympics, on the pitch surely and off the pitch who knows.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    primo, i'd love to have either a link (i don't think there is any such; paper edition only) or a recap of that l'Equipe article. i've asked this more than once on olweb for people who refer to it, but, well, you know...

secundo, that JDD article* explains more and more each time you read it! in the paragraph you quote from i find signs of both incoherence and hypocrisy on the part of bini, and in the last sentence he gives me at least the rope needed to hang him:

Je ne prends pas les meilleures, mais celles qui me paraissaient former le meilleur groupe. Je ne vois pas pourquoi on n’irait pas décrocher une médaille à Londres ainsi.

pourquoi pas? because within that group too many mistakes were made in choosing whom to put on the field, and because the group lacked precisely that mental edge the projet de vie has to give to have any validity.

in fine, i'm not sure she really needs a facebook support page, but if she does it will be much better if people besides half a dozen groupies sign it, people who knew her from the Freedom or simply appreciate her play and her chutzpah regardless of nationality. if you have fb (some still don't) and are interested, here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/SoutienASoniaBompastor?skip_nax_wizard=true

* the article it's in answer to we do well always and everywhere to remember as well!

20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A littel game bruno starting eleven against eleven players out his his "projet de vie" or never had a chance.

his starting eleven
    DEVILLE
    PETIT MEILLEUROUX RENARD ou GEORGES BOULLEAU
    BUSSAGLIA ou ABILY SOUBEYRAND
    THOMIS NECIB THINEY
    DELIE ou LeSOMMER

eleven out of his "projet de vie"
    PONS
    BUTEL DELANNOY GADEA BOMPASTOR
    HENRY MOREL
    COQUET MACHART DALI ou LATTAF
    TONAZZI

mais aussi HOUARA,BRETIGNY,GUILBERT,LATTAF etc......

What is the best team france ?

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    not sure how much longer you can count abily in the PdV 11!

note for those who don't recognize PETIT : it's cocotte franco's maiden name.

22. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will say that's another thing I find crazy: Bini's insistence on Necib over Abily these past few years while Abily is in her prime.

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @ guignol : Yes , i had forgotten that she is married .
    @ katreus : The reason is more due to the french federation......they decided tha Louisa should have been the face of french female football since she was 16/17 years old because they thougth due to her origines and beauty she was THE perfect ambassador .
    Origines because just like Zidane she is born in marseille , she has got algerian roots and has a great technical ability .....However, her football IQ is very low and she always tried to show too much on the pitch as even Thiney said in an interview recently.
    Everybody knows in France that our federation tried to promote our football by all means necessary , which can be good like forcing men's team to have a female section in their club , but others are very questionable like the naked photo some years ago......Beauty is the only reason why people like Necib, Boulleau, Thiney are prefered instead of others for advertisement ,spot ,interviews etc....But ,as for Kournikova, sooner or later people realised that talent is more important than a pretty face , Abily is miles away better than Necib ,just like Bompastor is better than Boulleau .

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there is definitely a lot true in what you say but some exaggeration as well. nécib has been made something of a figurehead (and understandably so), but i don't think that comes as much from the fed as from the advertisers and the fans; it's become a running joke that no matter what, the phone-in WOTM on D8 telecasts will be always be (envelope please...) LOUISA NECIB! and the nike commercial during the WWC with laure boulleau (craquante!) was quite the paradox... the girl on your screen the most was the one you never saw on the field! but as you point out, this is not limited to les bleues by any means. consider the official WTA site (cheesecake central) or the fact that the only USWNT players most soccerdads knew was heather mitts (rofl) until alex morgan did a bodypaint shoot. in comparison the "is this what it takes for you to look at us?" campaign by franco, thiney and bouhaddi was chaste, tasteful and "politically" provocative (especially compared to what some german girls did which was salacious and nothing more).

but when you get closer to sports proprement dit the situation is better. abily and bompastor get interviewed at least as much as louisa, certainly more than boulleau, and for good reason: they're great interviewees who don't limit themselves to la langue de bois (platitudes).

going back to louisa she may not be the zidane the completely uncultured think but she's much better than her detractors say. look at her pass to majri to set up the first goal against vantaa (to give an example there's video of) and tell me she has no football IQ. and the simplicity of her play, her work rate and her defending have all improved almost month by month the past two years (even tatane says so). some matches like last season's OL-PSG (again a match that was televised) she is very simply a beast (cute little beast, but a beast nonetheless). comparing her to abily is not really necessary at OL because a) the seasons are so long all posts need to be doubled up and b) they often play together and very well too. and the same thing can be said for france: the best MF trio is bussaglia, abily and nécib.... someone is de trop but it's not louisa!

25. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Everybody have is own opinion Giugnol, you can say that mine are exagerated as I can say that yours are confused and risible sometimes......in your last staement when you said that our best MF is Bussaglia, Necib ,Abily , is not true because that kind of midfield will not balanced at all!
    One of this three has to be left out because we need a proprer DM to balance.....Soubeyrand,Franco
    Henry...... as Sonia told bini.......and Elise and Camille couldn't even be discussed......
    The best player of the team ,Abily for us , has always to play in his favourite position and then build the team around her..