Bill Hamid not returning next season.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Bootsy Collins, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    That's dumb. Hamid is far, far more likely to be stopping shots from some Danish guy that his own fans barely recognize on a miserable windy and grey day in front of 6,000 people named Björn.

fatbastard and Boloni86 repped this.
  2. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    So a few thousand more than watch now? I kid I kid.

Really though this is just a stepping stone for what is more salary or the same salary. A lot more internationals come from the Denmark Superliga than MLS and maybe he likes the country.

3. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Hamid. Glad to see him challenging himself, and hopefully this translates into a move to the Prem or Bundesliga in a year or two.

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Good luck to Bill, but I am glad we are not spending $700k on a goalkeeper.

bigredfutbol, Rick77, Boloni86 and 3 others repped this.
  5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I tend to agree even though sentimentally I'd like Bill to stay around. We will need a coach to coach up the defense because Clark needs it.

bigredfutbol and Winoman repped this.
  6. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    As long as he doesn't ever get mentioned in the sa
    All sitting next to some lovely and exceptionally open minded blondes named Wandafook

Winoman repped this.
  7. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017
    Aren't all drugs legal in Denmark for recreational use?

8. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Bill will play in the Legends game.

sitruc repped this.
  9. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Road Trip!! :D

Q*bert Jones III and Winoman repped this.
  10. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
  11. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Since the team doesn't seem to be making a big deal about it I think they just asked him to leave. Nothing worse than having someone around who doesn't want to be around. I only wished the team would take the same approach with some of what I hope are folks that will be departing after the season (I'm looking at you Sarvas and Franklin).

jason1551 and sitruc repped this.
  12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    a good performance over 2-3 years (maybe they win the title and get into the CL or he gets some Europa League games), 2020 we should see him in 1 of those 2 leagues.

roadkit and NicktheGreek repped this.
  13. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Interesting to see how this plays out for Bill. Denmark is a lateral move at best, but there are German scouts right down the road. ‘Keepers also mature later, so he will be hitting him prime in the next few years. Hope it works for him.

I was talking with my wife today and comparing Hamid’s situation with Kitchen’s. I think Kitchen believed the hype about his trajectory — problem is that holding mids are literally a dime a dozen. He made a temporary splash in Scotland until the coaches changed, now he’s in Denmark as well at age 26 - that is getting long in the tooth to move up in Europe.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Positive is his club is challenging for the title. He could be playing at least Europa League come fall. Maybe Champions League if everything works out well. A fantastic showcase for him. If he started in a match against a Juventus or City or Barca and somehow kept a cleansheet or kept goals under 2, he'd impress a ton.

Winoman and bigredfutbol repped this.
  15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I was hoping for the Frankfurt move. when was the last time a Yank goalkeeper played in another top 5 league?

Seems it's either England or our boys head to Scandinavia. Horvath is the first in Belgium.