BiH - Handball, Tennis, Futsal, Fighting Thread & Everything else

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You're thinking of KK Bosna, the Basketball team. They were European champions.

RK Bosna's highest European achievement was the semi-finals in the Cup Winners' Cup in 2007.

2. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Ah that's what it was! Semi-finals appearance..

3. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    you got a semi WHAT, and you got a finals WHAT, and you got an appearance WHAT.

4. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
  5. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hey, at least we're in the Champions League. As for the NT, I hope we can do it as our last Euro qualifiers were a disater (we lost to Estonia twice and finished with a draw and the rest losses). But we've got some class players in Toromanovic and Saric. Prce is very good as well.

6. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    By the way, the league system for Bosnia-Herzegovina works like this: The Top 3 teams go to the SEHA League (Basically the regional league featuring teams from Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Slovakia, and Montenegro) while the rest duke it out in the Bosnian Men's League.

7. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyTCvcEmctY"]WCL - Armin Mrkanovic vs Ronnie Copeland - YouTube[/ame]

1:25 holy crap

8. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    That reminds me of Ong Bak: Muay Thai Warrior, when the 2nd round fighter goes for a swinging kick but Tony Jaa ducks and does a swinging kick the opposite direction and smacks the guy in the head, just like in this video. What I really want to say is that martial arts is pretty cool, and I wanna learn Muay Thai.

9. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Trust me, you don't. Kickboxing is tough sport..Muay Thai is like 10 times more brutal.

10. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Naw dude, I'm not gonna go in tournaments or anything. I just want to take some lessons and get some kind of credit. But yeah Muay Thai is probably the most brutal form of martial arts.

11. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    But you are gonna spar and I don't think everyone will go easy on you. But yeah, do w/e to survive those wild streets. I practised Judo, it helped build my confidence and shit like that.

12. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    lol I'm gonna eat jabronis for breakfast if I have to spar.

13. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I always took a dump or pis.

14. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    haha how did your judo go?

15. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    pretty good. More relaxed, less nerves and less weight on me.

16. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    I just want something different and to do something that releases stress and shit..plus I love the whole idea of Muay Thai and the culture behind it. I'm getting to a point where I can't go a day without hitting something real hard. All these numbers and shit I have to deal with in college..

17. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I know a much simpler solution.

Do you have a Ps3?

18. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
  19. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ok, go to the PS3 Store, go to Demos and download the demo of the game Flower. It is told to arouse positive energy around the player. Play it, it's fun.

20. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Your suggestions have been noted and will be acted upon. :3

21. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So, the 2012 FIFA Futsal World Cup qualifying begins for us on December 14, where we begin our campaign in a group consisting of Spain, Belgium, Norway and ourselves. Against Spain, we have no chance so we can chalk that game up as a loss (and for proof, we lost to them 9-1 in a play-off a couple years back). Versus Belgium, we should win unless they pull off an upset. Finally, against Norway, this is an almost automatic win, mostly because Norway barely made it to this round (they needed to win their group or get one of the best two second-place teams; they were latter coming in as the second-best second-place team :D). So if we get second or better we advance t the play-offs, and if we win there we qualify. We've come close before and I expect the same this time, if not better from us.

22. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So, I know we're a long ways off but maybe this will get this thread off and running. The 2012 Olympics are next year, obviously, and we'll actually have a couple of competitors there. Here they are:

Men:

One person in the SHOTPUT category

Amel Mekic will porbably qua;ify for the JUDO category, but it is unkown if he will at this time

Women:

One women at the Olympic Qualifying Tournament for the Women's 100 M BUTTERFLY (swimming)

One women at the Women's MARATHON competition.

---------------------------

I wish we could get into a couple major sports for the Olympics, like basketball or football, but that'll probably never happen. :D

23. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Thats a shame but unfortunately Bosnia just doesn't have the economy or infrastructure to support developed athletics..

24. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    if there was a such thing as laying down volleyball no one would ever beat us :D

25. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We can do it.