BiH Friendlies | 27 MAR 2021: Selección de fútbol de Costa Rica (Zenica)

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Re: BiH Friendlies: August 10, vs. Greece

I feel like we won't score this game, although we've deserved to to. :(

2. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

This Samaras guy completely sucks. Lol, acting like he was fouled.

3. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

We've gotten much worse since Sejo and Medo came off.

4. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

But we've still been the better team without them.

5. BHEuropska

BHEuropska Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Orlando, FL.
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Worser ain't a word bro, its much worse. And yes, I agree, Samaras is a gay, also, Salihagic and Medunjanin we cant live without.

6. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Eff these Greek substitutions.

Anyways, we've got a corner! If we don't win, I'll be dissapointed.

7. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

What are you talking about? I said much worse, dude.

8. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

FT - Bosna 0-0 Greece

We dominated throughout the whole game, while all the Greeks could do is pile up yellow cards. We could've won, 1-0 or 2-0. We played great even without Pjanic, Misimovic, and Ibisevic. Great game from our players, and we really should've won.

9. BHEuropska

BHEuropska Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Orlando, FL.
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Defo should have own there.

10. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Fulltime - Bosnia & Herzegovina 0:0 Greece

Good game by the players who came in and a very positive performance and preparation for the Belarus double header. Muslimovic obviously shouldn't be called up unless he finds a club, because every touch he had was poor and showed he is way off-form. I'll comment more on the game later with my own analysis and ratings.

11. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

I'll also give out my ratings in a bit.

12. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Should we create a thread for ratings/analysis?

13. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

double post...

14. BHEuropska

BHEuropska Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Orlando, FL.
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

yeah

15. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011

I was very impressed with Zahirovic and Stilic. German scouts were at the game observing Stilic, so there's a nice chance he'll move to the Bundesliga before the transfer season closes. He's scored 1 goal and made 2 assists in his first 2 games in the new Polish league season.

Love Zahirovic's style. He has the pace, grit, and decent technical ability to replace Rahimic in the near future.

I hope someone makes a Zahirovic or Stilic compilation video from this match.

Seems like every new guy we try out plays very good. Zahirovic, Stilic, Mujdza, Pjanic, Lulic, Subasic, Besic, etc., they all accustomed themselves to the national team very quickly.

Two players I want to see play a 90 minute game for the national team are Edin Cocalic & Mehmed Alispahic.

16. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Welcome to the forum, Zeljo Fanatico!

17. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Former European champion Greece was outplayed in a 0-0 draw with Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly on Wednesday.

Manchester City forward Edin Dzeko almost gave Bosnia the lead when his 20-meter volley went narrowly wide in the 23rd.

Greece forward Giorgios Samaras dribbled into the area in the 63rd minute but Bosnia defender Mravac stole the ball from him.

Dzeko had another chance to secure the win but his header in the 64th was denied by Greece goalkeeper Michalis Sifakis.

Bosnia had lost its previous four games against Greece.

The friendly was a warmup ahead of European Championship qualifiers next month. Bosnia will next face Belarus in Group D, while Greece plays Azerbaijan in Group F.

___

Lineups:

Bosnia-Herzegovina: Kenan Hasagic (Ibrahim Sehic, 46), Sejad Salihovic (Muhamed Besic,60) Boris Panda (Semir Stilic,35), Emir Spahic, Adnan Mravac, Mensur Mujdza, Adnan Zahirovic, Haris Medunjanin (Zlatan Muslimovic, 60), Senad Lulic, Ermin Zec, Edin Dzeko.

Greece: Michalis Sifakis, Ioannis Fetfatzidis, Georgios Karagounis, Kostas Katsouranis (Athanasios Petsos, 83), Sotiris Ninis (Panagiotis Kone, 72), Nikos Spyropoulos, Avraam Papadopoulos, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Vasilis Torosidis, Georgios Samaras (Grigoris Makos, 85), Vasileios Pliatsikas (Giorgos Fotakis, 46).

-------------------

( link - - - > http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports...to-0-0-draw-by-Bosnia-Herzegovina-1839041.php )

Report on the match ^^^

18. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Completely agree, Zahirovic and Stilic both impressed me. This is random but did you guys see Zahir's hair? Its kinda cool having a player like that on the team lool.

Anyways, the scouts were there from Serie A as well so I hope they liked what they saw.

19. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Lool, I thought the same thing, Vitez. I was like "boy, we look hella cool with him and his hair out there"... lol.

On a serious note, we found out today our midfield will never run out of stars. Pjanic, Salihovic, Stilic, Medunjanin, Zahirovic, Besic, and more. All we need is a young striker or two to be up there with Dzeko, and a nice young defender (Cocalic/Bicakcic maybe?) to help Spahic. With that, we'll have a nice mix a veterans in their prime/young stars.

20. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

We needed Miske tonight.. He's always worth an assist or a goal or some kind of spark that gets us going.. His speed is an issue but if he gets his form it should be a problem.

I thought Zahirovic did fine for his first time out. Didn't seem nervous and destroyed a lot of the Greek counters like a true #6.

21. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011

It's amazing how many young defensive midfielders we have at this point. There's Cocalic, Besic, Zahirovic, Cajic, Handzic, etc. all really good. Add them to Medunjanin, Rahimic, Ljevakovic, Salihovic & you've got yourself the best defensive midfield & future defensive midfield in the ex-Yugo region.

Zahirovic is the Bosnian Khedira, and I say this with my hand on the heart. Guy is brilliant.

I can't believe he went from playing for Celik last year to being the best player on the pitch for the Bosnian senior national team. I knew the guy would turn up, just because of the fact that he has all the qualities a player needs to be successful: pace, strength, grit, technical ability - he has it all.

I love how he never gives up when fighting for the ball; he chases the opposition's players like a madman till he wins the ball. He covered the most ground from any other player on the pitch and did a lot of work in every corner of the pitch, not just in the midfield. He's one pure player, and quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

^ Everything I just said above = Besic.

We've got two of them - Zahirovic & Besic. Not counting Cocalic who I think can also do well for the national team. It seems like we've brewed pure "workers" in the national team. We don't have as many divas as we used to.

22. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011

Pape, Spahic, and Papac share words on Zahirovic:

"Mislim da su momci odigrali jedan jako kvalitatan susret. Oduševili su me ovi mlađi, a posebno Adnan Zahirović. Strašan je igrač i od njega u budućnosti možemo mnogo očekivati", za SportSport.ba je rekao Saša Papac.

"Štilić, Zahirović i Zec su po mom mišljenju opravdali povjerenje i sigurno je da na te mlade momke u budućnosti možemo ozbiljno računati. Opravdali su povjerenje u potpunosti. Za sada ne želim razmišljati o nikakvom baražu jer prvo moramo preskočiti Bjelorusiju."

"Ukoliko nekog moram izdvojiti onda je to Zahirović jer mu je ovo faktički prva utakmica u nacionalnom dresu, a doista je izgledao rutinerski na terenu. Međutim, želim istaći da su i ostali momci odigrali odlično i da su ispoštovali sve ono što smo se dogovorili u svlačionici. Pandža je tražio zamjenu i morao sam ga izvaditi."

23. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6neZDLA6JTU"]BiH Grcka - YouTube[/ame]

24. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

The one thing that annoyed me that I noticed was Spahic always trying to act as a playmaker and take the ball up himself, usually losing it in the process. Spaha, I love you man, but you're killing me with that. When he goes that, he usually leaves Mujdza or one of the other defenders as the last line, and we can't have that, he always has to be the anchor at the back.

25. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Welcome to the forum.