BiH Friendlies | 27 MAR 2021: Selección de fútbol de Costa Rica (Zenica)

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dzeko is kaput.

The man can't run and he's getting injured every other week. He probably has maybe 2 years left in him. Shocked if he reverses the trend.

bosna10 repped this.
  2. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Damn I know Dzeko had a rough season but he still killed it for us during the qualifiers and has always been good for the NT.

3. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    During the last qualifiers? Can not agree there. He was quite poor throughout. Exceptions were the games against Belgium, and Israel at home (even there he was at fault for their goal).

PureEvil, bosna10 and anticule repped this.
  4. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Even though i don't think he'll completely reverse the trend, i think we will see some beast games from him still(there are some games where he looks so much better and i expect that this challenge from Djuric and Hodzic will get to him at least for a short time)...The biggest issue for him is that his mental game(as so many have pointed out already) isn't there and so things easily get him off his game(fans, our players, players of the opposing team, media, etc) and so he easily loses that rhythm and just stops doing things in the following game. Never seen a guy look so beast one game and completely shit and uninterested in the next(and then a pattern of 1 great game followed by few bad ones continues). This has been an issue for well over a year now.

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  5. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He can look beastly, that's why I replicate it in FIFA. Easier and more predictable that he'll score.

bosna10 repped this.
  6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    You guys burring him before he's even dead

7. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He's been kinda dead for over a year now. ;)

Seriously though, i expect him to continue one great game and then not show up for the next 2-3 and just keep repeating it. He's done it for so long now and the fact he's not young anymore(body not as easily keeping up) it's not hard to see where this is heading. I do expect some of you to go nuts and call us out as soon as he gets 1 or 2 though. :D

8. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Are you serious? He missed three games due to injury and really only played poor vs Cyprus and Wales. Otherwise he scored in every other game he played in except Ireland away where he was the only player interested.

Bosnian Diamond repped this.
  9. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dzeko said it himself winning Serie A was more important than qualifying for the Euro's.... idk what more proof u need that this guy isn't motivated anymore and should be let go from our NT.

108thLegendary and Randy Marsh repped this.
  10. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Doesn't mean he isn't motivated just that he was more motivated to win a Serie A title (if that was even the exact quote). Nonetheless still by far our best striker in the qualifiers and has been a goalscoring machine the last two qualifying campaigns.

11. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

I'd rather start someone who's more motivated to qualify and make history again for the national team than care about a club who consider you a joke. It's just common sense. If he was an icon for Roma it would have been a different story.

I agree with the last two campaigns but there comes a time where he needs to admit hes not the same player he once was and let someone else fill in the role.

12. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He isn't motivated in Roma either. He is mentally weak and that is why he never reached the very top. Never played for a really big club and a really major coach, that is his problem. Never learned how to win. He will never be a good leader for our national team either.

osmanovic repped this.
  13. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Pretty sure he won league titles in Germany and England.

Please name anyone on the current NT squad who has won more trophies than him, or bigger games?

I rest my case.

Bosnian Diamond repped this.
  14. Lucasjeha

Lucasjeha Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Brazil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hey guys, long time no see! Glad to see this forum still exists! Just came in this thread to say how happy I'm that our team could win the Kirin Cup. It's good to prepare well for the upcoming qualifiers, especially with the team not having all the starts in the tournament, it helps a lot on building up a good replacement list, so our team doesn't weaken up when guys like Dzeko cannot be there for the job!

15. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Welcome back friend! :)

16. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Good to see your still alive! How's Brazil these days?

17. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Anyone else think Pjanic will retire early from the NT? Got me thinking since the MEssi retirement. Feel like Pjanic will retire around 29 from the NT

18. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'd be surprised. I think with Messi it's a lot to do with fans and the expectations they have of him. Pjanic doesn't really have those problems(yet anyways) and i think we'll have enough guys around him to take the pressure off...but who knows..

19. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lmao, let's hope they do something if not play w the league players

20. Pjanic2Dzeko

Pjanic2Dzeko Member+

Oct 23, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We are a JOKE

ZukaToDzeko repped this.
  21. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    ZukaToDzeko and Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  22. ZukaToDzeko

ZukaToDzeko Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I read something about Mesha saying a friendly with Chile is not being seriously considered due to them looking for a more convenient (European) opponent. Wtf.

A match with Chile would be fkn awesome. Theyre one of my fav. National teams to watch......

Young Zmaj and Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  23. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Chile would destroy us

PlavoSarajevo repped this.
  24. ZukaToDzeko

ZukaToDzeko Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Maybe so... But our national team won't get better by playing friendlies vs the likes of Luxembourg.......