BigSoccer Business Owners : So, tell us about your company (networking)

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by Saltenya94, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Mods please delete if this is an inappropriate thread in the Economy forum, I saw the "Subway Franchise?" thread and figured BigSoccer business owners might want to learn / network with each other. - My plead to avoid a Yellow :eek:

BigSoccer Business Owners : So, tell us about your company
    I'll start. Two years ago after having moderate success with a "mom and pop" entertainment DJ business in the DC area (which we still run), I finally made the move for what I earned my college degree in ... Public Relations.

Now two years later, my firm has a rich background of experience and challenging yet exciting Corporate, Non-Profit, Government clients. The thing that cracks me up is how much the learning experience has matured both companies. Things such as collecting invoices, making contracts, making our clients happy has been an incredible experience.

The Best Part about my Business:

Seeing clients happy and taking them to the front page of big papers and TV stations for their fund raisers, events, etc.

The Worst Part about my Business:

Long hours at the expense of sleep.

What I never expected as a Business Owner:
    I love Mondays. Mondays are now my favorite day of the week. When I worked on somebody else's dime this was not the case. Fridays are now my dreaded day of the week because I know statistically the odds of getting new orders / clients are very low.

This is Saltenya94, and I proudly offer fellow BigSoccer posters a discount on all their Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, Radio, TV, Newspaper, Online and Blogging needs. :D