Biggest game in Revs history (fan involvement)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Sep 15, 2002.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Brian,

Not sure some of the chants in our section would be... well, tolerate by our other supporters.

That being said, Rev Army has some good ones and they shouldn't be too hard to learn.

The Magpie

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Yeah, I figured that. By "other supporters" do you mean others in The Fort, others in nearby sections, or both? I wish people weren't so sensitive, especially for a big game like this...

I've only had the chance to stand in The Fort a few times and the chants were definitely easy to learn.

Can you think of any anti-Metro chants off the top of your head that are OK to use?

Thanks

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    We're creative, we'll come up with something before or during the match.

The Magpie

4. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    One seriously important thing for long time Fort inhabitants to stress to newbies who show up looking puzzled because their "seats" are already occupied is that the Fort is, supposedly, an all standing, open selection section. I.e. no one really stays in the seats they have on their tickets if they see friends, feel compelled to join the Rev Army, want to go up to the last row to brood, etc. It really is open seating/standing and ALWAYS has been. This is a tough concept for people to buy into as I have observed over the years when there are big crowds but I feel it needs to be insisted upon by us regulars.

JIM DOW

5. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Is it really? I thought only a few people at the bottom could stand and even they were given a hard time at the beginning.

If the entire Fort is a standing section then we should get everyone to stand, and who knows maybe they'll join in and sing for huge game like this!

Maybe you could be the head cheerleader, Mr. Dow... :)

6. RuiJorge2002

RuiJorge2002 New Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Southeastern MA
    Anyone know where the Metro fans will be sitting? I'm sitting in 121 (across the field from the fort), and I was wondering whether I'd have to contend with those folk... :)

Even if I get stuck in the midst of the metros, this is still going to be an incredible game!

7. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I'm sorta over that way. 118, for me.

8. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    Section 2, I mean 143

Brian C said about the Fort being general admission/standing:

"Is it really? I thought only a few people at the bottom could stand and even they were given a hard time at the beginning. "

If you still have the ticket brochure that the Revs send out at the beginning of the season, you'll see that they even publish that the Fort is a standing section, and it has been so for years.

The only people who give anyone a hard time are those who are sold one-off seats and who think they have the right to tell the regulars what to do for their $16.

It's been an unwritten rule that for Revs games, the Fort is more or less general admission unless someone insists on being in their ticket's location (with the exception of the front row -- those who have tickets there stand there).

Whenever the US plays here, it's definitely a GA section.

The worst time I remember for standers was during WWC '99, when the regulars got moved over to section 1 and were still told to sit down...

-Amy

9. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make some noise tonight

Can someone sitting behind the Metro's bench remind OZ tonight that he has lost 6 out of his last 8 games?

Can the same person(s) remind Mathis that the reason he is not playing tonight is becuase he is a georgia nut case (does that make him a pecan or picked on)? Be careful though, he may take his Cantona like moves into the stands.

Can someone near the goals remind Grafer that he has splinters in his a**?

Can someone remind Ramos that he should have retired last year?

Ditto to Balboa. And tell him to get a haircut, too! The 60's are over, dude!

Make some noise tonight!

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Unless we have whole Fort singing I think the MetroScum will chant us down. They're bringing up 75-100 from what I hear. Sorry to be negative but hopefully people will avoid this from happening by standing and chanting the ENTIRE match

Those travelling Metrofans do a pretty good job, but despite their own self-promotion they're not as dominating a force as they think. As has always been the case whether it's been at Foxboro, or Gillette, we can hear them about as well as they can hear us, so that leaves them to engage in posturing, what-have-you.

Hell, last time they came to Foxboro this season they had maybe three to four people in The Fort, initially trying to beat a drum and cheer. They were drowned out quite quickly and decieedly by Rev Army. The you read on the Metro boards how there was close to 70 or 80 people, how they shouted down everyone...

We'll see... I just want to see a good atmosphere, period.

The Magpie

11. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Okay, I'm changing my profile information for the remainder of the Revs' season to give you guys moral support. I'm also thinking of setting myself on fire so that my spirit can be the team's 12th man. Pros and cons of that idea?

12. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That didn't work too well for that Korean chap last summer. I'd re-think that strategy......

13. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    They got to the semis didn't they? Can't do much worse than that.

However, I've decided to just wear my replica jersey instead.

14. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BC weren't out of it until the end of the 3rd. At least we gots some good hits in.

No DiCosmo or DeWalt style deep threat to keep the (co)Canes off-balance.

Truly a bad sports day.

Couldn't make it over to say hello, PatFan1. Maybe next time.

15. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    ?

There was no trip to New England in June. Anyone sitting in the home end and backing Metro was on some inspired mission of idiocy. Similarly, anyone bragging on the Metro boards how there was close to 70 or 80 people, how they shouted down everyone is a liar. Personally, I don't think anyone was making the above statement on the Metro boards back in June.

Fair play to New England, though. Twellman is greased lightning and I saw Chacon ride a thundering two-footed Jolley tackle at the top right of the Metro area late in the second half and made it look like one of those quarter operated pony rides outside of a Shaw's market. Your opposition has it all to do in the Championship.