Biggest game in Revs history (fan involvement)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Sep 15, 2002.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Dude,

This is the biggest game in Revolution history, and I've been going to game since 1996.

Forget Alexi Lalas screwing up a Brian Maisoneuvve pass in 1996, not to mention Mark Watson's ejection....this is it.

I plan to scream myself hoarse. I ***************ing hope Rev Army does the same, as will the rest of everyone in The Fort.

Come join us, come cheer and chant with use, let's give the team the most vocal support they've experienced in the history of the franchise.

The Magpie

2. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    mag-

Just thinking of the atmosphere at next weeks match is making me ill!!! We will know next weekend at 6 if we have a chance at the #2 sEED. EEEK! We also could know another scary thing. If we lose, we are out! How much more draaaaama can you get!

3. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    That game could be winner #2. Loser #9. SIGH!!!! Lets hope if the Revs lose... they put the colorado game on the big screen after the game so we could watch what happens. I would bet 25000 would stay :) Do you think that the revs will open the lower bowl? Or even better... the Second tier as well?

4. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Good time to go to my first ever Revs match?

I think so.

5. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    If i got this right, if either KC, Chi, or the mutts lose their next game, were in automatically. in fact, a tie gets us in automatically. BUT LETS WIN AND GO CHICAGO WERE #2

6. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, we have to win to get in unconditionally. A tie would get in only if Chicago tied or lost or if KC lost, they have tie breakers as well as the metroscum over us.

7. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    I am really, really curious as to what sort of crowd we will get next week. It is, certainly, the biggest single match in the team's history, if only because of the maturing level of play (Year 7 vs Year 1) and the wild variables of the scenario.

But in the Columbus match of 96 we had 38,000 people, more than USA/Holland:Revs/Fire last May. Again, the biggest crowd for a stand alone Revs match ever. Can we fill the lower bowl (some 30,000+), will we be allowed to (i.e. will it open up)? Are there enough staffers to sell tickets? Do the new Patties people even know how to operate a charge card machine or are they just trained to kiss corporate butt? Sorry to be so crude but it still frosts me that the people who have worked so hard for this team should be out in the cold and a bunch of gorillaball coatailers should have employment at their expense. Disgusting.

Anyway, biggest game ever, I hope management does the right thing and gets as many people into the new Boro as possible..

JIM DOW

8. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im hoping this game will be like the CLB game on the 4th of July, that game was awesome. I like our chances against the Metroscum. If we can score on one of the best defenses in the MLS, then we should role right over NY. I'll be there in the 6th row rooting Twellman on. This year has been an awesome year. All I want to hear on next Sat is "Your New England Revolution are in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!"

9. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    I think you should look at this realisticly. First off all of us have to talk up the game to people and offer to get them tickets. I know I already started. second off I think the revs would just be wise if and only if they are already close to selling out the 22,000 seats to open the other side right away and start selling those tickets at the same prices they are at on the other side. I'm sure nobody would complain that somebody got a better seat then them since they ordered later. Take one for the team here guys and deal with it if you do. We just need a huge crowd for this game and give our team the push that they deserve. I'm pumped, come on

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Well, if the Patriots marketing types (who've taken over for the Revs) want to prove their worth, they should market the Hell out of this game.

Sox aren't doing jack, and while the Patriots are doing well, this IS the game of the week locally.

There should be strong efforts made to get the word out through broadcast media.

The Magpie

11. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Didn't I hear that 20,000+ were already sold last week?

12. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, here's one United fan hoping you will knock the Mutts out after we have decked them twice in the last week.

13. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    I would think if we can make the playoffs, we would have to be the favorite team for the fans of the two teams not making the playoffs. Since we are always like them on the outside looking in. This team has shown just pure heart in their last five games and hopefully we can keep this up.

14. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Colorado hosts KC on Friday night. FYI.

15. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    IMHO, media will choose to focus on the other local game of the week, the BC/Miami college football matchup that same evening/same time on ESPN.

BC/Canes is easier for them to cover (in terms of the media's background knowledge of the sport and the teams), and carries more(?) local interest, and certainly more national interest.

And how could the media pass up yet another chance to relive the glory days of the Flutie Hail Mary Pass?

But, the Revs do deserve a piece of the coverage given their late season surge.

16. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    They won't pass it up even though BC will be trailing 28-0 3 minutes into the second quarter. Has there been any Rev coverage yet?

17. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Hey, lets not pick on the Eagles - they came within a flukey bounce of beating the best team in the nation last year - the same one they face this weekend!

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And BC will probably get smoked this weekend. Who cares.

Hey Revs management ... don't send people home Saturday night if they want in for the game. Please!

19. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    writing it here ain't gonna do that much good. c.t.'s the only one that reads this stuff. call the office and voice it if you haven't already
    :)

20. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    The Fort (143) has been sold out as I'm sure most have heard. I imagine only a few towards the bottom will be standing and chanting for the whole match, correct?

I ended up getting a ticket in 142 and was wondering if it would be easy to sneak over. If a lot of people were standing this would really simple, so I wanted to check first.

Thanks

21. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Maaaaaan... I really wanna come home for this one.

Anyone got an extra ticket?

Reeeeeeevvvvsssss!

22. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    bump

Anyone know?

23. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope everyone in the Fort and throughout Gillette does the same.

Any chance some of the Riders/Rev Army/other Fort inhabitants can post some cheers/chants here on the boards? Parts of section 108 actually joined in on the Rev-o-lu-tion chants last match. Music to my ears. I'd like to get them to help out with some other cheers/chants. (I'm sure others near me would like more crowd involvement as well). Unfortunately, we can't always here every word coming from the Fort so any assistance would be appreciated. :) The team would certainly appreciate a big boost from the 12th man tomorrow night.

24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian,

If you're by yourself, I don't think it will be a problem to sneak over ...
    Monty

25. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks, Monty. Coming up with a few people but it'll probably be just me in The Fort.

Any chance some of the Riders/Rev Army/other Fort inhabitants can post some cheers/chants here on the boards?

How about...?
    SHITE ON THE METRO, SHITE ON THE METRO TONIGHT!!! :) j/k, I know swearing isn't allowed in the Fort.

Unless we have whole Fort singing I think the MetroScum will chant us down. They're bringing up 75-100 from what I hear. Sorry to be negative but hopefully people will avoid this from happening by standing and chanting the ENTIRE match.