Big Al, Aubie and their 12 Disciples- the 2015 SEC Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Auriaprottu, Jul 17, 2015.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    LOL Auriapoo!

Any chance you can let "Lil' Abner" take a snap before you start bad mouthing him? And perhaps you can let Kirby Smart coach a game before predicting he'll have us on tier with the Auburn Tigers.

Welcome to the board @VincitOmniaVeritas. As you can tell by the board's title, it wasn't that long ago that Auriaprottu had Auburn on par with Alabama. He is that good a prognosticator. :D

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not bad-mouthing him- he'll be a decent QB, might make the pros and do well. He isn't going to win UGA a natty, tho, or even the SEC. And looking like Lil' Abner isn't an insult or a compliment. It just is.

Point is he isn't going to get Georgia back on track. They are on track now, same track they've been on since Herschel Walker left Athens. Any longterm national success they have will be their first. They have Newcastle's tradition with United's fanbase expectations. Everybody in this region knows that.

:confused:

My prediction is that he won't have you on tier with Auburn.

Auburn's won two SEC titles and a natty and played for a second natty within the last five seasons. In the divisional era, they have three SEC titles to UGA's two, three undefeated seasons to Georgia's zero, eight division titles (three are co-titles) and one unofficial to Georgia's seven with four co-titles. One Heisman (three all told) to Georgia's zero (one total, I believe) in that period.

Maybe Chubb can resurrect the tradition that the Dawgs started in 1980 and dropped after 1982, I don't know. UGA puts plenty of players in the NFL and Eason might end up being one of them. But Eason will not do what Buck Belue did. I can predict that, too.

You can read, but not very well, looks like. The title was about Alabama's fanbase, (which includes submissives from every SEC fanbase but Auburn's once the shamoff starts). Point is, if you're an SEC fan, you're a Bama fan by December, unless you're an Auburn fan. Auburn fans hate Bama so much they can't support Bama the way the other 12 fanbases do once they're out of the running.

I started to call it "Domme Phyllis, her 12 adoring ladyboys and Aubie" but that might not have flown with the mods...

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just Googled Mulga, Alabama. My God, a town of fewer than 1000 residents has a Wiki page because of that idiotic Bammer.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    [​IMG]

not bad BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Auriaprottu repped this.
  5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooo throw a biscuit WAAAAAAAAAAY the ******** out in the yard and close the door when she makes a run for it

She and Finebaum ought to be handcuffed together, forced to go to Six Flags and ride everything in the park before they were given the cuff keys. I really want to say that only Alabama could produce a fan like her, but I'm sure most top-tier programs have at least one. I'd be interested in who they are.

ElJefe, VFish and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Before the next season starts can we get one thing straight?

Obviously you don't like 'Bama, yet you take great pride in their success.
    You don't like Auburn either, because they have disappointed you in the past.
    UGA... right... lets move on.
    Florida? Nope, you had the entire roster wrong.
    LSU?
    ... ******** it... pick a team Southern Cal.

LOL!

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Signing Day is in three days... LSU seems to have locked down the state from the clutches of Little Nicky.

Refreshing stuff.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :thumbsdown:I take no pride in their success. Why should I?

Not an Auburn fan, either. The entire South disappoints me. It's slow-witted of you not to grasp that.

What are you talking about? No, haven't cared much for Florida, but it was fun watching Spurrier go Turbo Quote Machine while Florida was beating Bama in three SEC title games. Should have been four, but Spurrier decided to throw deep in their own territory. I don't fault him for the Zow/Milons explosion in 1999.

No, that's Catracho.

You've been here long enough and read enough of my older posts not to appear so stupid. But you can't seem to help yourself. You appear to be stupid, Fish.

Yes, them.

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is Miles' best chance to slip into the shamoff and keep his job. Bama'll be replacing their backfield and some key defensive talent.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Pretty much. Make or break season for him and his pal Cam Cameron.

I'll do you one better too.. make or break not just for those two, but also for the AD, Joe Alleva.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Alleva should have been let go behind the way they strung Miles along. If they wanted Miles gone, they should have paid him and let him go on his way. I'm 100% convinced that they had trouble getting anyone else (Jimbo) because he didn't want to end up in a few years being part of the same scenario. Getting assistants isn't easy if the impression is that the program is fickle.

12. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Good signing day for Les Miles and Kirby Smart.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN kept scrolling their top 10 recruits. #1 was from Jersey; ALL of the rest were from the South.

I suspect that the rankings for players are largely determined thusly.

1. What caliber of schools are recruiting him?
    2. Let's rank the players based on that.

IOW, the ESPN-SEC (plus Florida State and Clemson now, I guess) incest loop is what's at work here.
    Who is this woman, and why is she in this thread? Is she famous in some way?

14. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That doesn't get a bunch of people talking about their conference. Meaning, it doesn't bring a bunch of fans whose teams haven't won a natty in the last five seasons into the discussion. A Florida fan, for example, can be relevant in a convo anywhere as long as he can talk about the SEC. If he has to talk about Florida, all he can talk abut is somebody's drunk alumni bowl, because that's all they've been able to accomplish recently.

Yeah. You can kinda add Michigan, too, to give Vandy fans a chess opponent.

That's Phyllis from Mulga. She and Harvey Updyke are the male and female role models of the Bama Nation and therefore of the SEC.
    You need to pay attention to more cfb coverage, particularly Finebaum.

15. VincitOmniaVeritas

Jul 18, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I forgot how funny it was a few years ago watching grown men (young adults at least) cry about the trees at Toomers corner.

16. VincitOmniaVeritas

Jul 18, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One thing that I do hate about the SEC is the stupid "SEC, SEC!!!!!!!" chants. Do people really root for teams simply because they are in the same conference? I could never imagine rooting for Auburn or Florida but I guess there are some who just like conferences now over teams, similar to the premier league with some folks.

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rather than discuss the responses of students and alums whose tradition has been taken from them, I tend to fall on the side of those who question Updyke's (and Brian Dowling's) sanity.

Well, of the current 14 SEC programs, nine have failed to even sniff a natty game in the last 25 years. SEC pride (brought to you by ESPN, Cracker Barrel, Duck Dynasty and your local meth lab) is all those programs have going for them right now. Eight haven't managed to win the SEC in the divisional era (24 years now), four haven't ever won their division.

As for which programs the rest of the SEC won't bandwagon onto... I can see how Georgia fans wouldn't support Auburn or Florida, as there's a rivalry there in both cases. I said in the 2013 or 2014 thread that everybody in the SEC gets behind the champ (except Auburn when the champ is Bama), but in truth, not enough teams have been successful to prove that. The whole conference fangirl thing may have died down by the time Auburn and Florida fans have to decide whether to support Georgia in a natty game or not. Same for Tennessee supporting Vanderbilt or anybody supporting Kentucky (do they have a natural conference rival?).

18. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a degree from an SEC school, but this reflected glory nonsense is really puzzling to me. I don't feel any sort of pride that Bama won the national championship. (But I was happy that they beat Clemson.)

Auriaprottu repped this.
  19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    IMO Clemson beat themselves in the second Q when Watson threw that pick while driving with a 14-7 lead. Teams in academic conferences come and go. Clemson won't be that good every season.

I swear, it's the biggest marketing ploy I've ever seen in my life. ESPN started talking about the conferences instead of the individual teams* and seemingly, the fanbases of every SEC program not named Bama jumped on the wagon. I tried to make rational sense of it for years, but I couldn't. Then one day I realized that it's probably good that they have something to cling to.

I mean, I know why they did it --more viewers and more clicks and more posts means more $$$-- but I didn't initially get why the rank/file fans went along with it.

20. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if the peasants start to realize their station in life, then they might haul off and do something about it. Better to get them thinking that a win for the ruling class is a win for them too.

Whatever. My primary alma mater's little brothers are SEC now and they seem happier to be a non-factor in the SEC and to celebrate Bama's wins than they were to be a non-factor in the Big 12 and grit their teeth as Texas and OU and formerly Nebraska were competing for the big trophies. So... I'm happy for them. But I will never cease laughing at their acquiescence to -- nay, their warm embrace of -- perpetual second-bananadom the way that Arky did 20 years ago.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Catracho_Azul repped this.
  22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I admit that I didn't know. I might be the only one, but I didn't.

I hadn't even given it a thought, because they haven't really done better in terms of their West standing. Yeah, they're a better team than they've been in a while, maybe since Vaught (I haven't kept any mental notes on the Rebels' seasons), but it hasn't translated into any hardware.

In other news, looks like USC AD and former NFL QB Pat Haden dodged a bullet, and needs to sit down.

24. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...ot_among_alabama_p.html#incart_river_home_pop

Coker's not invited to the Combine. I expect he'll be a late-round pick anyhow, and spend his prime with a clipboard grafted to his hand.

The Comments are enlightening. Bama fans do what they're best at- doing the Ricky Bobby Backtrack to schoolball when their QBs don't get the job done on Sunday ("How many national championships does ___________ have?") and assuming anyone who doesn't think Bama is much of a breeding ground for QBs is an Auburn fan.

Posting shit like, "Tried to hide in a hoody. Pouted like a pre-schooler. And tended to his 'contorked' leg." Name three things Jake Coker did not do today.

I haven't regstered with that POS website, so I can't reply, "Win a Heisman, be drafted in the first round (let alone be the first pick), win 17 games in the NFL in one season (The four --lol @only four-- Alabama QBs to beg their way into real football since Rutledge was drafted in 1978 don't have 17 NFL wins combined) and reach the Super Bowl"

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    al.com is like the equivalent to The Onion. It's satire to the rest of the world except to stupid people aka Bama fans. al.com funny skits >>>> their reporting of everything positive and ultra-Bama.

Auriaprottu repped this.