Bielsa Watch (R)

Discussion in 'Chile' started by MetroChile, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I can't believe that I'm gonna agree with Rickdog, but he's right. You have a squad that is worth millions now (a lot of this has to do with last season), and you ask for a certaing things in order to train properly, and you get a sub par job, risking stupid injury to your star players.

Bielsa is a special type of coach in this a football world where people are only looking for results and money. Bielsa likes getting the results, but he could give a crap about the money and the fame if it means sacrificing his morals. Now, granted he could have handled the situation better, but, and us Chileans should undestand this more than anyone else, si alguien te esta mirando las canillas, and on top of that they probably mock you and curse at you, the whole thing isn't going to end up well. (Can you honestly say this has never happened to you? I know my Indio has come out on more than one occasion).

Bielsa felt his players were threatened by the shoddy job performed by the constructors. He felt the club was being cheated, and being that he is a the leader of the players, he should, and was, the one to defend them. I don't know about you, but that's the kind of coach I want.

I sincerly ask you, what do you think would happen in Barcelona if they received a field that was below Pep's, or now Tito's standards, that risked causing injury to their million dollar investements? Do you honestly think the directive would risk distance themselves from the coach's thoughts?

It's one thing to distance themselves from Bielsa's reaction, which he himself said were wild and unjustified. It's entirely another to distance themselves from the reasons why he got into the altercation.

Finally, people say he is consequent because, its his way or the highway. He, unlike many of us, has the liberty of saying, if these requirements aren't met, then I can't perform my job successfully. Some times his requirements are too much, but that's the kind of coach he is, and you know what you're getting into when you hire him. If you can't deal with these things, don't hire him. It's a virtue because he's a man of his word. Unfortunately, not to many people like him still exist.

raza_rebel and Rickdog repped this.
  2. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I think you hit the nail in the head with this.

3. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    I'm not sure what would have happened, but I can guarantee that despite being younger, less experienced, and more accomplished Pep would never have reacted as badly as Bielsa did. I'd probably say the same for most of the top managers in the world.

As for your second point, i think you're right. distancing themselves from his tantrum is one thing, not supporting him in relation to the state of the work is another. The only thing i would add, though, is that some of the newspapers have indicated that Bielsa's 'schedule' was not the one that the club had agreed to with the contractors.

Who knows what's up with that, but it would appear that the club may feel differently about the state of the job and the schedule...and I'd be surprised if they didn't feel they had the right to distance themselves from Bielsa in this regard.

4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    criminal assault ?
    :eek:

Don`t you think you are over exagerating things a bit ?

C`mon man, try to put both of your feet on the ground, before posting things here.
    :p

Btw, since when did it become unprofessional to get mad, when you can`t do your work right ?, specially taking in mind when it is not because of your fault, but by others fault. On the contrary, if you are a professional, it is completely right for you to get mad, if others don`t allow you to do your job as how it is suposed to be done.
    Unprofessional would be, to let it pass as if nothing has really happened, when it actually did.

5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Do you want me to seek the video where he (Pep) shouts without control at Alexis for putting in jeopardy his body when Chile played that friendly game against Ghana, when he got that injury afterwards, playing for Barza ?
    :rolleyes:

You are probably right on this one. And Bielsa probably thought the same thing you did, reasons that justifies the reasons of his resignation afterwards, precisely for this issue.
    Or you are with him, or you aren`t.
    For Bielsa, there aren`t second options.

6. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Dude, in the press conference Bielsa said that the person he got into the argument with had to be convinced either by the club or by the contractors not to press criminal charges. His words. I'm not saying he almost killed the dude, i'm saying that what he did amounted to criminal assault.
    My feet are firmly planted, my comment is fair. His words

how has this turned into a conversation about whether or not he has the right to get mad? its about the reaction.

Cussing out a player, which Bielsa does all the time, is not nearly the same thing as what happened in this case. Even a 5 year old can understand this --> i know for a fact. I explained it to my 5 year old nephew and he got the difference. I'd expect a dr would be able to do so too

7. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fair explanation.
    But to your knowledge, just by touching with his hand on top of the other guys shoulder, there is enough evidence to press charges on physical agression (no one has the right to touch who doesn`t want to be touched). From here to establish criminal assault, there is a very long way to go.

As another issue to it, what Bielsa did, was to grab the guy by his elbow or maybe push the guy around and take him out of his (Bielsa's) office in the training camp. If someone shouldn`t have been there in the first place, it was the construction manager, as Bielsa's office wasn`t part of what needed to be modified at all. This is like if a burgler was caught in your house, and afterwards wants to press charges on you, for expelling him from there. Completely "Nuts".:D

Never said that Bielsa or other coaches don`t swear or cuss.

But even a 5 year old can understand the diference between a cuss, and to do it at loud with lots of despective gestures at the moment his cussing. Very probable that a 5 year old, will not understand anything and feel completely afraid and start crying in panic, if he is object to that sort of agression. A 5 year old, doesn`t need to be explained what his emotions feel like, if it is the case. You taught your nephew that, as well ?
    Maybe you should explain him also, that verbal agression, is also another form of agression that could be subject to legal issues, if it was the case.

And also keeping in mind that "live TV" was there at all time, which was the probable reason why he didn`t get physical as well. Millions of witness in a scene, tend to calm down any agressor.

Any 5 year old, who watch`s TV, knows this diference as well.
    Maybe your 5 year old nephew should teach you, about this things, instead.............:D

8. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

1. Yes, as you know i am a lawyer. in most countries even something like spitting on someone or pushing them is an assault for criminal purposes. the standard for civil assault is even less in most places.

Despite this you usually have to demonstrate at least some loss (injury) for it to be successful. Without knowing the full details of the situation, I think its clear that Bielsa's comments are likely to be incriminating enough for the decision to go against him. The question if triviality likely wouldn't be one about whether he's guilty or not, but rather what the punishment/judgment would be - probably nothing.

2. I hadn't heard anything about the office or where the fight occurred etc... all i could tell you is that from a legal perspective it all depends on things like whether he was invited into the office, whether he was asked to leave prior to the assault, how he was removed etc...

As for the burglar in your house scenario there is a 'castle doctrine' in common law jurisdictions that generally allows you to take action in defense of you property. But you can't invite someone into your house just to assault or kill them (has happened often) and you also can't take it overboard (principle of proportionality) - unless you're in Florida where you can do whatever you want if its in your house. How this applies in Spain to this situation is as much my guess as yours.

3. I don't teach my nephew anything, i let his parents raise him. I just explained the two situations to him and he said that the difference is that the first guy (Pep) was being mean and was yelling, while the second guy (Bielsa) was doing the exact same thing but in addition was also hitting ... which to him was worse because hitting is 'really bad'.

You don't have to agree, you can believe that swearing at someone is the same as physically assaulting them (even though in this case we don't know the degree of the assault)........Since you keep bringing up the legal thing, i would tell you that every court i've ever heard of takes physical assault waaaay more serious than verbal ones --- with the exception of hate speech and more recently with anti-bullying legislation

4. I think you're suggestion that the tv's were the "probable reason Pep didn't get physical" with Alexis is ridiculously unwarranted. What possible grounds could you have to say that this person would react in that way were there not tv's? It doesn't merit further comment than that.

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well as a lawyer, you should also know, that whatever someone not versed in laws says, doesn`t necessarily mean much, as he is not entitled of knowing with precission, under legal defeinitions, whatever he meant with whatever he said. He could have meant that he knows that what he did was wrong, although not necessarily meaning of it being as criminal. It depends a lot on the knowledge of the vocabulary that differs from one country to the other, although both might be spanish.

Precisely by the fact that everyone is watching whatever you do, holds back anyone with a minimum common sense, who wishes to attack somebody. Anyway, afterwards in the secrecy of the locker room, he could do whatever he pleases and no one would really know, unless somebody from the team says something.

If things get out of proportion, he wouldn`t have any arguments against that to make his case being plausible.

10. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    this is true. but after-the-fact statements (hearsay statements) are admissible as evidence in relation to determining factual guilt. Not that it matters, this is waaaay off topic.

I stand by my original point that its absurd to compare a physical and verbal assault, whatever the degree, such as the one that Bielsa engaged in with what Pep did to Alexis

None of this changes the fact that you have no basis to say that Pep would have assaulted Alexis had it not been for the cameras.

There is ZERO logical connection between there being cameras and propensity to hit someone when there are no cameras. Its like this: I don't beat my wife when there are cameras. this doesn't mean that i do it when there aren't cameras.

anyways, you're entitled to continue believing that Bielsa is the greatest dt of all time and an infallible human being. i'll believe that he's a good dt and not a particularly good human being.

I envy you in a sense though. I'm personally not able to feel that kind of blind love for someone that doesn't let me acknowledge any of their flaws, and inspires me to defend their actions regardlses of how ridiculous my arguments are. It must be nice. i really mean that

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    el loco esta otra vez en las noticias, y no solo por el pesimo momento de su equipo.

hace unos dias fue por un problema con la estrella, Llorente, a quien critico duramente y este se retiro antes de que termine la practica

y ahora por un audio que salio luego de perder las dos finales en anio pasado (estan en todos los diarios)..................se fue fuerte encontra del plantel por la forma en cual se perdio...

las cosas no son separadas...el equipo va bien cuando estan bien con el tecnico, si ya no le creen o no lo queiren --> todo se ira a la mielda

12. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Me puse mascarilla para leer este thread, el humo me hace mal .

13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

;)

Curioso como en el caso de este Argentino, a pesar de la fuerte disputa que mantuvo con su jugador LLorente, igual despues lo convoca para jugar el próximo partido, como si nunca hubiera pasado nada. Es de esperar que el otro técnico Argentino (el que dirige a Chile), tome alguna lección de todo esto :
    "Primero lo mejor para el equipo, y solo luego, su opinión personal"

Esto es lo que se llama "profesionalismo".
    ;)

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  14. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Lo convoca pq está urgido por mantener su puesto. Dos fechas más sin ganar y le dan la PLR.

Sabe que debe contar con Llorente, no le queda otra.

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Puede ser que tengas razón, pero como sea, en su caso particular siempre sabe cuando anteponer lo que es necesario hacer, por sobre cualquier otra cosa.

En cambio "otros", prefieren salirse con la suya, aunque esto después signifique perder y termine perjudicando con ello, a toda la afición deportiva del país.
    O sea, "primero yo, segundo yo y tercero yo, y los demás pueden irse al orto"
    :mad:

Y para más "re-cacha", después se termina quejando de que nadie lo apoya.......
    :rolleyes:

En fin, volvamos a Bielsa mejor, para no mezclar los topics......

16. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    siguen con lo mismo, pero cuales son los ejemplos?

Casi todos con lo que Borghi a tenido problemas han vuelto a la nomina lo antes posible (Vidal, Jean, Jara, Medel, Vargas...los de la U)..............

es absolutamente lo mismo que hace Bielsa con Llorente, y muy diferente a lo que hizo en su momento con algunos otros cuando era el seleccionador de argentina y chile

los dos casos diferentes son los de Carmona y Valdivia, los unicos jugadores que tras su castigo de la anfp no se han acercado a conversar con el dt...

17. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    LLorente aún no se ha disculpado ni dado explicaciones, o ¿ si ?
    ¿ En qué lo convierte esto igual ?

Es más, si esta noticia no se hubiera filtrado a la prensa, jamás se habría sabido de nada de esto.

18. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    es lo mismo en la capacidad del dt para reintegrar a jugadores con cuales a tenido encuentros.

se sabe que yo creo que borghi hizo lo correcto al correr de la nomina a jugadores que se integraron tarde y que estubieron tomando...

tu queires decir que Bielsa no los hubiese marginados, o que hubiese tapado? queires decir que esto seria menos 'egoista'? porfavor

19. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Mira viejo (¿ te puedo decir viejo, sin que te ofendas ?, te lo pregunto por si acaso, para no tener problemas después),

Si Borghi hubiera optado por marginar jugadores por la razón que sea, teniendo o no teniendo la razón, casi dá lo mismo.

Lo malo es que no puedes hacerlo público del modo en que se hizo, pues con ello, él mismo cerró toda posibilidad de re-encuentro entre las partes y producto del escándalo que todo esto acarrea, se terminó dañando terriblemente la imagen de nuestro seleccionado y de sus integrantes, y lo que es peor, es que creó un punto de ruptura en un plantel que hasta ese momento se mantenía unido (a pesar de la derrota en Copa América y contra Argentina por las eliminatorias), lo que de por si es muy difícil de lograr, pues como tú sabes todos sus componentes, cual más o cual menos, son importantísimas figuras del fútbol mundial y por ello, todos tienen un"ego" exacerbado, en donde además se crean alianzas y amistades internas que se ven enfrentadas entre si, producto de todo esto. Ipso-facto, se destruyó todo lo logrado en este aspecto en 4 años, por una wevada.
    La masacre que vino después en Uruguay, fué solo el reflejo de la cagadita que quedó dentro del camarín, y que hasta hoy, nos sigue perjudicando de una u otra forma.

Ya lo que pasó, pasó, y es hora de dar vuelta la pagina y dejar todas estas minucias (filo con lo del bautizo, filo con los dichos por Herrera, filo con la llegada tarde o salida sin permiso en Europa, etc, etc.), dejar esto en el pasado y encarar lo que viene, pues como están dadas las cosas, vamos a quedar eliminados, y ahí vamos a estar todos tristes, como nuevamente teniendo uno de los más ricos planteles del mundo, nosotros mismos nos estamos cagando solos y desaprovechando tan maravillosa oportunidad de alguna vez lograr algo importante. No deseo que pasen 100 años nuevamente, para volver a tener una oportunidad como esta (en primer lugar porque ya no voy a estar aquí para entonces).

En fin, en mí opinión, creo que Borghi se cagó solo y con su actitud, nos cagó y nos sigue cagando cada vez más. Mientras no se dé cuenta de esto y no cambie su actitud, seguiremos igual. Ya está probado que como estratego, es muy limitado y depende al 100 %, de lo que hagan los jugadores en el campo de juego, pues de él no saldrá la solución a este problema. Esto solo será posible teniendo a los mejores jugadores en el momento y en la posición en que normalmente se desenvuelven. También me doy cuenta que el éxito pasado que obtuvo en Colo Colo se debió más a los jugadores que se tenían entonces, que a lo hecho por él como técnico.

Esta es mí opinión al respecto.

En cuanto a ¿ si Bielsa hubiera hecho lo mismo ? :
    De ninguna manera.
    Jamás hubiera autorizado las salidas antes de jugarse los partidos.
    Jamás hubiera autorizado el maldito bautizo, previo al partido eliminatorio.
    Y jamás habría dado la más mínima explicación de decisiones tomadas por él, a la prensa. Se habría evitado toda repercusión posterior y por ello cualquier problema que se hubiera presentado, habría tenido una mucho más fácil y rápida resolución.

Y más encima, tendríamos al mismo plantel "unido" por una causa común.
    Capaz que hasta hubiesemos ganado la Copa América, porque de haber estado él en la banca, tras el primer partido y las cagaditas reiteradas que se estaba mandando en ese entonces, hubiera sacado a Bravo, y sin lugar a dudas habría puesto a Herrera en su lugar, quien por lo demás, fijo que ahora sería mudo. Pues entre otras cosas, si había algo de lo que Bielsa realmente lograba, que después facilitaba todo lo demás, era ganarse el respeto de sus dirigidos. A Borghi no lo respeta nadie.

20. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Sparta Praga 3 - Athletic Club 1

Dimisión, Ya !

21. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    no me molesta eso de 'viejo'

me parece que lo que estas diciendo es que crees que hubiese sido preferible 'tapar' la indisciplina que hacerla publica. en esto estamos en desacuerdo cuando se trata de algo tan grave. al final el los saco por un partido, la federacion fue la que le dio el castigo......tapar eso de la federacion o del publico es algo que haria alguien que ve la seleccion como propio suyo.

tambien me parece que la sugerencia que no debio haber vido permiso es algo que no corre. son muchos de los mejores tecnicos del mundo que manejan al grupo en forma que permite eso, sabiendo que son los profesionales que tienen que responder.......................
    -----------------

en respecto a Bielsa me parece que esta quedando claro, otra vez, que es un tecnico algo confrontacional. no es lo peor, pero para mi representa a un tipo que no esta para procesos largos o para equipos grandes............le saca rendimiento a jovenes y nuevos profesionales, no a jugadores ya ganadores porque es muy problematico como persona

22. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si, eso es lo que estoy diciendo.
    Como público y fanáticos del fútbol, no tenemos ninguna necesidad real de saber cada detalle de lo que ocurre dentro del lugar de concentración. Como fanáticos, lo único que nos debe interesar es como le va al equipo. Nosotros no somos ninguna entidad que tenga caracter disciplinario ni de control, ni de nada. No tenemos necesidad alguna de interiorizarnos de esas cosas.

Esto es lo mismo, si tú te atiendes en un centro médico y debas interiorizarte de los problemas personales de los médicos y personas que atienden en dicho recinto, y que producto de ello luego les recrimines algo que pudieran haber hecho mal. Si tu vas al centro médico es para que te atiendan tus dolencias y punto.

O te lo digo de otra forma, si alguien te contrata como abogado, acaso ¿ debes explicarle a ese potencial cliente, todo lo que tú hayas hecho que pueda ser considerado reprochable ?. No lo creo, pues lo único que te vincula con ese cliente es el trabajo o servicio que debas prestarle, y todo lo que te concierne solo a tí, es tuyo y nada más

En cuanto al fútbol, solo lo que es del fútbol es del interés general. Lo demás son puros cahuines no más.

En cuanto a que fué la Federación la que los castigó, entonces explícame porque Valdivia, siendo el mejor jugador de fútbol que tenemos, aún no es considerado. O el mismo Carmona o Estrada, sobretodo que en el último tiempo lo que más le ha faltado a nuestro equipo, son precisamente jugadores como cualquiera de estos 3 que aquí mencioné, que en sus respectivos equipos juegan en forma regular, mientras que el "cabeza de mula" opta por llamar a weones que están lesionados o que incluso ni juegan por sus respectivos equipos o que sencillamente los cambia de posición porque le falta jugadores. "No nos veamos la suerte entre gitanos", el castigo que les aplicó la Federación, se los aplicó a petición del mismo "parrilla" y si hubiera querido ser solo ejemplizador, habría intercedido por ellos, lo que nunca hizo, pues no tenía ninguna intención de hacerlo.

23. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    1 en esto jamas estaremos de acuerdo. no se trata de abrir las puertas a todo, pero si a actos de indisciplina mayores. No pueden aguantar actos de indisciplinas, taparlos, hacer jugar a los jguadores, y luego pedir seriedad y disciplina. es absurdo.

2. el ejemplo que das es equivocado - nadie esta pidiendo que los jugadores confiesen antes de entrar a la nomina.
    sobre el tema de la profesion, estas equivocado. como abogado, si yo llego atrasado a un juicio o con olor a alcohol pongo en riesgo mi titulo (ni hablar de mi reputacion). si el juez da dos horas de descanzo y yo llego 40 minutos atrasado por estar en fiesta y es mas en condiciones no adecuadas .... i could get disbarred.

3. Valdivia el mejor jugador que tenemos? porfavor. estoy seguro que en Matias tenemos al mejor 10 de las eliminatorias. aparte, Valdivia a estado con la seleccion por varios anios ya, y jamas a deslumbrado consistentemente....siempre altibajos, alterna partidos buenos con partidos pesimos. No insistamos con que es el mejor que tenemos, porque no es cierto

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    As usual....

[​IMG]

25. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si,
    dime ahora que los 5 del bautizo llegaron atrasados y oliendo a alcohol el mismo día del partido. :rolleyes:. Nada que ver tu visión del ejemplo que te dí, con lo que efectivamente pasó, pues esto ocurrió en días previos al partido. El ejemplo de los jugadores solo sería igual, si se te ocurriese ir a un banquete 2 días antes de un juicio, por lo que no creo que tú título vaya a estar en peligro si así ocurriese, o acaso ¿ a los abogados les está prohibido fiestear en días previos a un juicio ?. No me trago tú explicación.

Si puede ser que tengas razón, pero una cosa es cierta, hoy en día, Valdivia está regularmente jugando en Palmeiras, mientras que el Mati, solo lo hace desde la banca como suplente, unos pocos minutos por partido. Si hasta Pizarro, con todos sus años a cuesta, que está en el mismo equipo del Mati, juega de titular o más minutos que el él.

Por lo demás, yo jamás he sugerido que se reemplaze al Mati por Valdivia. Por mí, ambos deberían jugar juntos, pues juntos se complementan mejor y al menos así tendríamos un mediocampo con mayor dominio del balón y llegada con intención al arco rival, no una wevada de equipo que a los 3 toques, pierden el balón o jugando al pelotazo sin destino, como lo que vimos ante Colombia (acuérdate que el gol del Mati, incluso salió tras una jugada lejos del arco Colombiano).