Bidding on Tickets

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Padzik, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany - Netherlands are on (Cat.3)

2. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Member

Dec 6, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Anyone see any Poland game up at all? Today or Yesterday?

3. fcbarcelona101

Nov 21, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Finally I am OUUUUT of the portal forever lol. Got the Ireland v Italy tickets I needed to complete all my schedule just now:D.

4. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kiev knockout is back

5. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Has anyone found any cheap flights to Kiev from the UK. I don't mind flying to another City first then connecting on.
    Let me know if you see anything.

Thanks

6. sapporo

sapporo Member

Nov 16, 2011
    :eek:

7. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Member

Dec 6, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Just picked up 2 tix for the FINAL-CAT2 nuts...

willing to swap :)

8. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way all of these tickets are resales. This is uefa releasing tickets but still charging a resale fee. Greedy bastards.

9. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Well, I don't mind paying 450€ for QF and FINAL-tickets... :)

10. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Member

Dec 6, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    410... and CAT2

The lowest price i seen people throwing around for CAT 3 final ticket was 1000 euro (the final alone)

11. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I am on board with these. But I still think its funny how they fleece the fans.

Funny how the only Kiev knockouts yesterday and today have been cat 2. What are the odds that the only people selling their tix are those in cat 2?

12. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Member

Dec 6, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I hear you but whoever it is UEFA-OR FANS
    I WILL TAKE IT! (for FACE PRICE)

13. fcbarcelona101

Nov 21, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think I remember reading somewhere in the UEFA site that all venue series and follow my team tickets would be Cat 2.

Anyway I'm also completely sure this is UEFA listing the tickets.

14. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    That's a certainty. They are using the Final as an incentive to buy the QF. One way of selling tickets to a game they need to fill.

They have definitely held on to a load of tickets and are looking to increase there profits by 10%.

I might buy another few to make a few bob as I am £250 down from these bastoords fleecing me. Do you reckon the Final tickets will go at a premium?

15. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is UEFA listing the tickets and they are resale tickets, let me explain how. There is a reason why you see all of the tickets that are available and why most of them are in Ukraine. During phase 1 tickets were allocated by lottery. These tickets were dispatched to accounts, but the people who received them were not charged right away. If those folks did not pay for them within a certain time period, the tickets went back on the portal. How do I know this? My friend in Ukraine had a contact who had several sets of tickets for different matches he won in a lottery. He was shopping those tickets, but had not paid for them yet because he simply didn't have the means. Well, a few days ago, same time as all those tickets mysteriously showed up here, the ones that were allocated to him had disappeared from his account.

16. Kedzior

Kedzior Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Guys this is obvious that UEFA is selling tickets that didn't get paid for after lottery. Plenty of people ordered to many tickets (myself included) because (at least in Poland) there was a rumour that people would be able to exchange tickets at the platform and becuase people wanted to increase the chances of getting any tickets - and they got too many eventually and didn't have enough money to pay for them.

There was a report from UEFA that stated that they received payment for 80% tickets allocated during lottery. So they had 90 000 tickets to sell at the platform after lottery and it seems that they started selling them now cause during previous 4 months of platform functioning there was very little tickets released on sale.

17. Kedzior

Kedzior Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    They are not using the final as an incentive. There is a fixed number of Venue Series tickets for every city that just need to get sold. Besides types of tickets were decided long time before the sale started.

However I agree that they are trying to make extra money. They could have made another lottery. Not that I'm complaining. If they had made a second lottery I wouldn't have got any more tickets. Not many people know about reselling platform which allows me and you all to get tickets.

18. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How can it be that England fans are not buying immediatly the games of England? (even in Category 1)
    This is my first Euro - do you know if the England fans won't come to the Euro? I thought they will be 90% of the stadiums...

Thanks.

19. Kedzior

Kedzior Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Try finding a place to sleep in Donieck and then you'll understand.

20. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points. Now if only they had chosen Odessa over boring Donetsk. Again, never thinking about the fans.

21. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is there a stadium in Odessa?

22. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. How can krakow not be one of the cities. Donetsk and Kharkiv. Give me a break. I am originally from Ukraine, and yet I say they should have had Poland host most of the matches. The infrastructure just isn't there in Ukraine. Should have been Kiev, Lviv, Odessa in Ukraine, and 5 cities in Poland.

23. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not sure 35k is enough.....
    About accommodation - it was hard also to find in WC2010 in South Africa but 2-3 months before, the prices were going down.....

25. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not enough for a semi, but plenty for group stage. Look at the other stadiums. And most stadiums in Austria/Swiss were that size.

I was in south Africa. You are right about that. But still, what a mistake to hold matches in rustenburg. Not enough places to stay, even at 2-3 months out. And if you remember, most matches had a lot of empty seats. Everywhere.