Bidding on Tickets

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Padzik, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padzik

Padzik New Member

May 12, 2007
    Between March 1st and 31st we will be able to bid for tickets to the tourney. It's going to be a lottery so not everyone will be able to get tickets. My question is this - does ne1 know whether you will be forced to buy them if your name is picked? I'm thinking of getting some family members to bid to increase the chances of getting tickets...

2. Bartek_fm

Bartek_fm New Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Tickets for EURO 2012 - here you can find information about tickets for EURO 2012.

3. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    there is no bidding.. you apply for tickets and in the categories that are oversubscribed there will be a lottery. not sure where u read bidding.
    in april, there will be a lottery for those categories that were oversubscribed. in may, they will deduct the money from your card and you should know which tickets you got

4. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    UEFA and that website answer nothing lol. They're so useless.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Massive demand for UEFA EURO 2012 tickets

I'm screwed. :( Should've applied twice for each of the matches I planned on attending but didn't think demand would be so high given the location.

"The lotteries will be made by UEFA under notary supervision between 19 and 22 April, and successful applicants will be informed via email before the end of April."

6. Raufoss

Raufoss New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    Does anyone know how many tickets will be made available for each nation for the Follow My Team type in the first application period? I guess this is in some way determined by population, ranking etc? Or is there a fixed flat number of tickets available for all nations, so that chances of getting tix will be higher for the smaller nations (given that they qualify tho) ? Cannot recall to have seen any such numbers nor do I know if they are publically available, but it would give a good indication of the winning chances in the lottery.

7. hingus2000

hingus2000 Member

Apr 16, 2010
    I'm an idiot. Just remembered that around now I need to be applying for tickets, but the sales phase is closed.

Being a veteran of WC ticket sales etc, usually there is a second/third/fourth ticket sales phase. Is this going to the be the case for Euro 2012? Perhaps after the draw? We need another Scorpyn Scanner!

8. Raufoss

Raufoss New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    I'm sorry for you, bro.

Actually, this time it looks like there will be no more official sales phases as far as I can see. What they've come up with in stead is the socalled resale platform which are announced to open "summer 2011", whatever that means. Supposed to be a legal reselling platform for private ticketholders through UEFA. We def need a modified Scorpyn Scanner! Is Scorpyn still around?

9. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    I have already booked tickets. I hope we get to Little Russia, not Poland. I'm sure that at any stadium: Donetsk, Kharkov, Kiev and Lvov, even 80-90% of tickets will be in Russian. This will be the home Euro for the Russian team. In addition, tens of thousands of Russian fans, who come from Russia, live in Little Russia for more than 10 million Russian who support Russia.

Russian forward!

10. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If that's true, it doesn't make any sense at all. Why are they selling all the tickets before anyone even knows what teams are even in the competition, let alone where they are playing?

This can't be right. The way FIFA does it is perfect, with a bunch of different windows... they have an early one (like this) where you can buy random tickets if you don't care what teams you are going to see and just want to make sure you get tickets, but then they have windows after the draw so that you can specifically plan out your trip to be able to catch the games you want (whether team specific or just random "hey I want to see A vs B and then X vs Y, etc."). Why would UEFA do it differently?

11. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    How do you have any matches that you are planning to attend when we don't even know what teams will be playing?

12. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    what if Russia dont qualify ?

13. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    It is excluded. We still have home games with Ireland, Macedonia and Armenia. Only with Slovakia on the road.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What I mean is that I made one application where I applied for 3 matches in Wroclaw and Poznan. If I were to do it over again, I would have made two applications applying to those same 3 matches which would've increased my odds of getting tickets to those 3 games I want.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In other words, still lots of work to do.

16. Raufoss

Raufoss New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    I know, it would be very surprising, but have you found any indications on several sales phases? In addition to the graphics on https://ticketing.uefa.com/euro2012-en/staticpages/privacypolicy.aspx I found a business document indicating the same. Let me quote:
    "If there will still be tickets available after this first sales phase, a first come first served sales phase will be in place starting in summer 2011.
    Supporters who successfully ordered tickets within the first sales phase or – if tickets
    available - in the second sales phase, will receive their tickets at their home address in
    spring 2012, a few weeks before the start of the tournament." (source: http://en.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...ssnetworkopp/01/49/72/10/1497210_DOWNLOAD.pdf)

So..Taken into account the huge demand for tickets I guess there wont be many tickets left, except for tickets for which payments doesnt go through, people reject, companies and federations cant sell etc. Do you agree, or do you still think they've set up sales in the FIFA way?

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think for the Euros UEFA should have limited the # of tickets available to people living in the host nations of Ukraine and Poland. At least for the first phase.
    I understand that 88% of ticket applications came from these 2 countries (which translates to about 30% of the entire population of Poland :rolleyes:). Obviously they are just buying up the tickets to scalp them. Meanwhile the rest of the world gets screwed!

I hope someone at UEFA is intelligent enough to realize this but I'm not holding my breath.

18. fifteen keys

fifteen keys New Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Has anyone heard yet if they've been successful in the lottery? I know it was due to conclude tomorrow...nothing so far on my end...

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nothing at my end. Since its now a 4-day weekend in Europe, I guess we won't hear anything until Tuesday at the earliest.

20. mchrapek

mchrapek New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Hi! The tickets for euro 2012 were already allocated.
    I am interested in swaping of the following tickets:
    game 8: UKR - D2 Kyiv
    game 15: D2 - D4 Kyiv
    game 24: D2 - D3 Kyiv
    game 27: IC - IID (quarter final) Donetsk
    game 29: ZW25 - ZW27 (semi final) Donetsk

21. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Are you saying that you have been notified of the result of the lottery?

Bad news for me then if you received word 4 days ago... Damn.

22. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone been able to get into the ticket portal?

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I've also heard nothing. I think mchrapek is confused. Maybe those are the games he applied for. Based on the number of applications I don't think too many people are going to have tickets for 5 matches.

24. 1230wien

1230wien Member

Apr 13, 2006
    i have tickets to swap for the euro2012:

i have tickets to swap, each two tickets for
    game #18 in warszawa (cat. 1)
    quarterfinal #25 in warszawa (cat. 1)
    semifinale #30 in warszawa (cat. 1 or cat. 2)

looking for each two tickets for
    the openinggame #1 in warszawa
    game #5 in gdansk
    quarterfinal #26 in gdansk
    and final #31 in kiev

25. lazyasian

lazyasian New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How did you find out you got allocated these tickets? Did you get an email from UEFA already? Like the others, I still can't log in to the ticketing portal and have not yet received an email...