BH Telecom Premier League, Cup & European Qualification General Discussion

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Dzafic, Haskic, Handzic, Obuca, Skoro, Suljic

Wow lol.

2. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wow is right. I'll be damned if it doesn't rain goals for them. They've also got that kid Smigalovic.

They've got a stud player in every position. Torlak to anchor the defense, K. Handzic the midfield, Skoro the forward line.

3. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Then there's Kojasevic, Hadzic, Arsenijevic, Dupovac, Hamzic, Pehlic, and Comor. Sarajevo in general is actually a pretty good side this year.

Zeljeznicar, Sarajevo, and Borac are the strongest sides in the league on paper, but we all know Siroki will take it this year.

4. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Exactly. Its the Croats' turn to win.

5. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dude, no way Siroki Brijeg will win this league unless they continue to get the worst goals possible in each game. The first goal away to Zvijezda was one of the worst keeper mistakes I have ever seen in my life, I mean that.

Sarajevo in the CL would be so beastly.

6. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Re: Premijer Liga

I see a very interesting season ahead in Bosnian club football. We've seen Borac, Zeljeznicar, and Sarajevo impress for the most part in Europe while Siroki's downfall was only due to the problems around the club with their ageing squad, hiring of a defensive coach, really bad goalkeeper, etc.

Let's see.....

Zeljeznicar have the best squad in the league, in my opinion, and have a solid defence after their double clean sheet show against Sheriff Tiraspol. A fair amount of youngsters in the team but mostly filled with experienced players who are definetly capable of being league stars in Bosnia. Zeljo is also one of the more stable clubs in the league at the moment. They start as one of the favorites to win the league title, but it's still a tough ask.

Sarajevo have got a good coach at the helm as well as many talented youngsters coming in and being implemented into the squad, as well as a few new experienced figures. It may take some time for the squad to gel and get into place and rhythm before things can be well and truly said on their standing this season, but they did a very good job against Orebro despite the lack of a real game plan against Sparta. They are another one of the favorites for the title, but it will be a big challenge.

Borac are the defending champions. They lost a few key players from last season as well as their coach, but they seem to be a very persistent, attacking side now under their new manager as proven by their displays against Maccabi. The defence though lacks solid backup players to come in whenever someone is injured/suspended, but if these signings are fulfilled, Borac will definetly be capable of retaining their crown. They, like Zeljo, are one of the more stable and competent clubs in the league at this time.

Olimpic have went through quite a few changes this summer and this time it seems as if it might be enough to bring them into Europe. They only finished two points off fourth last season but now they have Janjos set in place along with some really good signings such as Kiso, Vladavic, and Duric. Whether or not they could prove to be good enough to be in Europe remains to be seen, but it seems as if they have a very good squad this time around, with the youngsters that have been around more experienced now after two seasons in the Premijer Liga giving them maturity. It's just a matter of how consistent the team can be.

Velez Mostar produced some excellent results in France recently and have picked up some solid players on frees and low fees, as well as getting a Premijer Liga-proven coach and throwing out some of the members from their board who have caused problems down the years. Some argue that Velez have had better squads and the fact that those failed to make it to Europe in the past, they won't do it this time either. I disagree however. Velez have made their Vrapcici ground a fortress in the past few seasons and a very likely to do so again this season with a new found belief in the team with some really good signings and a passionate manager, but like Olimpic, their consistency has to be proven on whether or not they will be a contender for the European places.

Siroki Brijeg have been representing Bosnia in Europe for over five years straight now and will be hoping to do so again. Believe it or not, times have changed for Siroki since their embarassing exit to Olimpija in the Europa League last month. Cutuk resigned after the match in Slovenia and former Sibenik and Osijek manager, Branko Karacic, has took over. The club have also made some fantastic acquisitions, by bringing Vedran Jese and Luka Bilobrk to the club, giving their defence a bit more stability and quality at the back. All that is left to see is if they can get it all together and be a strong side who wins games once more. If they do, they'll definetly be up there in the table.

Other clubs like Zrinjski Mostar, Celik Zenica, Sloboda Tuzla, and Travnik have had problems with strengthening their respective squads during the summer, so it is expected that these teams will have a tougher season than they would have liked. While they are all unlikely to make it to Europe, they could still make a fight. Sloboda have got a new president, Celik have a new manager, while Zrinjski's manager Igor Musa will be having his first full season in charge this time. Travnik have also lost another one of their best strikers just like last summer, losing Nusmir Fajic to Slovenian side Mura. Predictions regarding these clubs are difficult, but the odds are well and truly against them it seems.

Zvijezda Gradacac and Rudar Prijedor have held on to their core of their respective squads and certainly proved to be competitive sides last season, but it will be an even harder task this time. The latter came only five points away from qualifying for the Europa League but have lost their manager since despite replacing him with a capable coach. The former though finished in mid table with not much to shout about, although still remain a possible threat to make it to Europe. Consistency evaded them last season, but they have another chance to prove themselves. They have proven they can beat the best sides in the league, all that is left is to prove it on a regular basis.

Leotar Trebinje and Slavija Istocno Sarajevo have certainly weakened since last season's finish and are two of everyone's picks to be in the relegation dog fight this upcoming season. The newcomers to the league, GOSK Gabela and Kozara look like decent sides and even better looking than Drina Zvornik and Buducnost Banovici ever were, but still are the most likeliest to go back down to the second tier. Remains to be seen, but home wins are surely a must for these four sides.

What do I think will happen this season? Tough, there are some very good sides competing for Europe and even for the league title. I see this being a very season in Bosnian club football but it should be tough to determine which two clubs go down and which four clubs go to Europe. My predictions however are down below.

Premijer Liga
    1) Zeljeznicar
    2) Borac Banja Luka
    3) Sarajevo

Kup BiH Winners: Velez Mostar/Olimpic Sarajevo

7. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011

Nice summary Edin!

8. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

I made it a couple weeks ago but I didn't get to show you guys.

9. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Very nice man.

10. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  11. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I told you guys we got a sick team this year!! Sarajevo is gonna take this damn league by storm led by our coach Plisek.

12. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Well to start things off, here is how I think the standings will end up:

BPL:

1) Sarajevo
    2) Zeljeznicar
    3) Velez

Kup:

Olimpik/Siroki Brijeg

FK Sarajevo is a team that had a nice little run in Europe recently, but I think they can get farther this year, assuming they do get there. Reaching the Play-Off round isn't out of the question, but a more reasonable expectation would be getting to the third qualfying round. Anyways, as for the Premijer Liga this year, Sarajevo have had a nice start, definitely. Their new signings will surely help them (Dzafic and Mujkic). Those are two players that are very nice additions, in a year where there'll be many contenders for the league. Sarajevo's need Torlak to lead them this year, keep them in order, or in other words, organized. Dino Hamzic has been great for FKS, I really hope he can keep it up for them. Plisek will do a great job, I'm sure of it. Sarajevo have a some good things in their future ;)...

Now, onto Zeljeznicar. This is a team that I really like. Zajko Zeba is a really great player, I don't know how he hasn't transefered to a bigger club just yet. His role on this team is very big, creating things, making runs, playing on the wing to cross the ball in. These are players I love, especially when players like Zeba fill in the position. Other than that, this is a nice team. They really play well together, especially Mirsad Beslija as captain. Zeljo is full of team players. As for Europe, I see them getting as far as FKS, which isnt that bad.

Velez Mostar is a nice team this year, completely better than the last. Tarik Ceric and other new signings look like they'll step up and really help us out. We're bursting of confidence right now, winning bothe BPL season games, and going undefeated in the French friendlies. The Red Army will be vicous when visitors arrive, so home games won't be a problem for us. I hope we could do good in any European comepetition, but I think we'll get to the second round of the Europa League. I mean, the BPL is one thing, Europe is another. Although, having said that, I think we have a promising season ahead...

Finally, for Olimpik and Siroki Brijeg, they're both nice teams. Olimpik finished 5th last year, and I see the same thing happenening again with the only difference being them possibly winning the Kup. This is a team with not many stars, but have the team players to have success in our league. Olimpik has promising youngsters like Nenad Kiso, for example, a BiH U21 player. As for Siroki, this is a team which didn't do well in the Europa League last year, but I feel they'll come back strong in the Premijer Liga. Maybe they'll finish 6th or higher, but definitely they'll be competinig for the Kup. I don' like this team much, a lot of foreigners here, but I guess it works for them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for your analysis Vojnik, very nice. We have roughly the same teams in the top 3, but not order. That just goes to show all the possibilities this year, in the BPL. Very good post though!

13. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

The gayest thing a Zeljo fan could ever say, but I'll go ahead and say it, I definetly want Sarajevo to win the league. They've got a very smart and honest manager in Plisek, a young, talented squad with ambition and room for improvement, an improved board, and a strong, solid fanbase this year that will spur the team on. Add to that, they're our best club when it comes to Europe, it would be awesome if they had another crack at the Champions League qualifiers, I really think they would be able to reach the playoff round.

Not saying that Zeljeznicar can't, but we lack something that makes me doubt that we can really do much in Europe. We concede some of the most pathetic goals ever in Europe as well in recent times. Maybe we just can't play Israeli clubs, that's all.

If Siroki keep this form up though, I have no problems with them being in Europe again. Olimpic were trash against Travnik, wtf are they playing at Lukavica now for?

Good informative, summary btw, Bosnian Diamond.

14. PonosBosne

PonosBosne Red Card

Jan 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh yeah hands down! We will win everything in Bosnia. I really think Sarajevo is getting all these studs so when the big German, Spanish, English clubs come calling Sarajevo will make a crazy profit and improve even more! I'm telling you guys Sarajevo will be amazing in 5 years we will be making Champions Leagues and advancing deep in Europe.

15. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

:eek: A traitor!!! JK, but it's good you are being honest.

Thanks, I would've also gave a better reply to your post but I was in a rush. I'll probably reply to it later.

16. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

OK, here's my reply:

Zeljeznicar - I agree that they're stable althought the defense could use improvement. I know they kept two cleen sheets versus Sheriff, but they then gave up 8, I believe, against an Israeli club, Tel-Aviv.

Sarajevo - Yeah, I also think Plisek is a good coach, and the youngsters he's playing are good choices. Although, I think the team has shown they play well together, I think they've already gelled.

Borac - I agree with everything you said, especially where they need signings for the defense.

Olimpic - I agree on almost everything here, excpet for where you said thet they may or may not be good in Europe. I really think they can, as long as there are no injuries/suspensions.

Velez Mostar - Agree with everything except (once again :D) that we really can be pretty consistent and do good in Europe, if we do reach it.

Sirki Brijeg - I agree with the things you said here.

Other clubs - I agree with all opinions.

Zvijezda/Rudar Prijedor - I think that both these teams aren't "major threats" to take a spot in Europe, although they could surprise people.

Leotar/Slavija/GOSK Gabela/Kozara/Drina Zvornik/Buducnost: I don't think GOSK is looking better than any other team, but the rest I agree with.

- - - - -

We agree on a lot of things. :cool:

17. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    PANTIĆ NOVI GOLMAN SARAJEVA

[​IMG]

Samo dan nakon što je Dino Hamzić napustio redove Sarajeva, na Koševo je došao 31-godišnji srbijanski golman, Đorđe Pantić, piše Sarajevo-x.com.

Dino Hamzić, dojučeranji prvi golman Sarajeva, odlučio se otići na probu u jedan azerbejdžanski klub, nakon čega mu je trener bordo tima, Jirži Plišek poručio da se ne vraća.

Timu sa Koševa nije trebalo puno da nađe zamjenu. Samo dan nakon toga Đorđe Pantić je potpisao jednogodišnji ugovor sa Sarajevom uz mogućnost produživanja istog na još godinu.

Pantić je u karijeri nastupao za Radnički, Partizan, Teleoptik, Obilić, Koblenz, Enkopings, Debrecen i Pyunik. Dres crno-bijelih iz Beograda nosio je u periodu od 1999. do 2006. godine, a branio je protiv Reala u Madridu 2006. godine u okviru Lige prvaka.

---

Plisek doesn't screw around. Told Hamzic not to bother coming back. Anyways, Sarajevo have signed experienced GK Pantic.

18. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Hamzic had serious potential.. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in some games for Sarajevo, and what is he.. 21? 22? What kind of an idiot with potential goes to Azerbaijan? He doesn't deserve to come back imo.

19. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What? Hamzic left? What a klutz.

Pantic is a solid keeper though, brilliant signing.

20. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    IN MEMORIAM: Nenad "Ceca" Bijedic

Ponedjeljak, 15 August 2011 15:45

O ljudima govore djela, o ljudima govori ono što iza njih ostane. O Nenadu Bijediću koji je jutros, u 52. godini života napustio zauvijek svoj Mostar, svoj Velež, govorit će upravo djela. U „pijetlićima“ Veleža počeo je svoju životnu priču, koja će imati, bar kada je njegov najdraži klub vrhunac priče maja 1986. godine. Vjerovatno da je kao dijete mostarskih ulica sanjao taj trenutak da mu se dogodi u životu, a kako život obično piše čudne priče, njemu se ispunila želja tog majskog popodneva. Postao je „heroj ulice, heroj svoga grada“. Dvije lopte pospremio je iza leđa golmana zagrebačkih „Modrih“ i armiji Veležovih navijača donio neopisivu sreću, Vjerovatno nigdje se više nije se želio i slavio, a niti će se ikada više željeti taj trofej Maršala Tita, kao u Mostaru. Sudbina je ustvari htjela da, pomalo povrede i pomalo kartoni, dovedu do magične kombinacije i u njenom sastavu Bijedića i da Dušan Bajević povede svoje „Rođene“ do drugog trofeja. „Ćeći“ je sudbina namjenila ulogu glavnog režisera i upravo zbog toga je ostao zauvijek zabilježen u srcima brojnih generacija Veležovih navijača. Zauvijek je ostala i zabilježena izjava beogradskog komentatora nakon drugog gola „Divan dan mladog Nenada Bijedića“. Ostalo je sve istorija i kao što je zauvijek ostao Semin slobodnjak, Duškova elegancija, Sejino biciklo,........tako će zauvijek ostati činjenica da je upravo „Ćeći“ pripala ta čast da postigne golove odluke.

Fudbalska karijera odvela ga je tog ljeta u Tursku, u Bursu. Upravo u ovom turskom gradu stekao je nadimak „imperator“. U Bursi je bio najbolji strijelac 1988. godine. Koliko je „Ćeća“ značio Bursi najbolje govori činjenica da je postao prvi kapiten stranac u istoriji Burse.

U svoje „Rođene“ se vratio na kratko u „ružno vrijeme“. U predvečerje rata nad njegovim rodnim gradom obavljao je funkciju direktora. I sada ga se sjećaju uposleni sa kojima je sarađivao kao elegantnog i markantnog čovjeka, profesionalca koji je cijenio rad.

U ratnom vihoru vraća se u Bursu, gdje dokazuje zašto je dobio nadimak imperator.

Za njegovo ime čvrsto se vezala karijera Elvira Baljića, tada golobradog klinca koji je iz ratnog Sarajeva došao kao talentovani momak. Samo je „Ćeća“ bio toliki autoritet da „trpi“ u ekipi mladog Baljića. Upravo je ta sezona 1994-1995 zapisana velikim slovima u istoriji Bursaspora, jer su predvođeni našim „Ćećom“ došli su do četvrfinala Inter Toto Cupa. Prethodno su u grupi izbacili Košice, Charleoa, Wimbldon i Beitar Jerusalem, a u osminifinala grčki OFI. U četvrfinalu, nakon boljeg izvođenja jedanaesteraca u maratonskoj seriji 9:8, pobjedio je Karlsruhe. Koliki je to bio uspjeh za Bursu najbolje govori podatak da su sljedeći izlazak na evropsku scenu imali prošle godine, kada su i bili prvaci Turske.

Zbog svega ovoga i ne čudi zbog čega je oficijelna stranica Bursaspora posvetila jedan dio sa naslovom „Seni Unutmayacağız Biyediç“ – Nikad zaboravljeni Bijedić !

Nenad Bijedić je danas možda napustio svoj Mostar, ali nikada neće otići iz srca svojih Veležovaca, jer ako ništa, a zadužio je svoj grad i mnogo čim drugim, taj dan nije samo bio „divan dan mladog Nenada Bijedića“, bio je on divan dan svakog Veležovca.

„Ćeća“ hvala ti !!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's a picture of Nenad Bijedic (for those who don't know him):

[​IMG]

RIP

21. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    RIP

Velez are you in Bosnia mate?

22. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No, he lives in Jebemsvepospisku, it's located in Pickapacenik.

23. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think he's on vacation in BiH..

24. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011