Beware! Consider this a warning.

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Richie, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    A post from someone who calls himself OZ

I can't say for sure if the poster is THE OZ. Probably not it is too inventive for him. This was put on a coaching list and an officiating list.
    -------------
    "Is there any rule against getting on a teammates shoulders for a corner kick? This thought just came into my head kind of randomly, and now I gotta know the answer! I want to use it in my next match a very important game. I'm thinking this would kick ass if you got two tall people one standing on the other ones shoulders, and an accurate guy taking the corners.

I even have a name for this new tactic. heard of the "Short Corner" I will call this the "Tall Corner." I think it is very smart tactic, and to think my club wants to fire me because of some nuts antics that I have on my team.

Thanks

OZ"

2. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    That would be sweet to watch. If you tried that play 10 times, the guy on top would end up head-butting the turf at least 9 times.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Uh-huh...

There's a word for this idea, "stupid."

The Magpie

4. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Ummm actually that was my idea, I made a thread like that in the Player forum except I don't think I said I wanted to use it...and secondly why is this coming up here and under this "OZ character"?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11873

It's not stupid, it's a tower of power!!!

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Tower of powers don't move very well especially in adjusting to a bending free-kick no matter how accurate the service may be :)

The Magpie

6. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    oh yeah, well....what if the defenders decided to shoulder up? then the offensive team decides to get another pile going....and the defenders go up again...and so on and so on.

....wow, a 5 on 5 chicken fight in the box. right....yeah, that sure sounds sweet.
    :rolleyes:

7. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Actually, you been to a rugby match recently? I don't know when, but in college (many years ago) I never saw them lifting someone up to receive those sideline throw-ins (not a rugby knowledgeable person here), but it is quite effective. The difference here is that the guy up top is using his hands, not his head. However, the strategy is the same, lift someone up high. I doubt the 'on the shoulders' would work, not very stable....but the two or three lifting someone up....I wonder???

Certainly not in the implied spirit of the game...but then if they allow it in rugby.....