Better Call Saul (Season 3)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by yasik19, Apr 14, 2017.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm curious if the case goes to court and how it will be played out. The meeting b/w Gus and Mike was epic.

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The tape was either removed or switched. Going to make a case that Saul was worried about his brother that is why he broke in. See the picture of a lamp on the news paper. Before the show ends his brother dies. Mike was an idiot for not taking the at least 30 thousand for the truck job. So they break into Gus restraunt and they don't hurt anyone. Not even the manager. Managers are a dime a dozen they could have done a job on him at least he told hector not to smoke. Hector would have put out his cigar in his eye for talking like that to him. They even brought back Avi from Ray Donovan to play Don Eladio the big boss of the Mexican cartel.

I am waiting to see how Gus stops hector by making it look like hector had a stroke. That should be good. His friend the Mexican doctor must have something to do with it.

3. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Almost forgot the child actor that plays mikes grand daughter was great in the scene where both are watching tv with the ice cream. Woke up from sleeping when she heard the two great words to a kid ice cream. I like when she is eating her and offers to eat her grandpa's when he says he doesn't want it. It made me laugh.

4. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think the tape was the "other thing" Jimmy and Mike spoke about at the end of the diner scene? Mike had free run of Chuck's place thanks to the cordless drill. Ha! Kim confirmed the tape Jimmy destroyed, err personal property he damaged, was the copy. Mike has the original?

Almost forgot I was watching an episode of BCS, until they finally showed Jimmy and Kim in their offices. All those well-known characters from Breaking Bad.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Damn fine show.....just everything is so good.

Dills repped this.
  6. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Chuck would never be so careless as to leave the tape in a place where it could be stolen. If they do that it'd be the first case of the show really letting a character go out of of character in order to (stupidly) further the plot. I can't see the BCS team making that mistake.

I'm certain Jimmy's defense will center around bringing into question Chuck's mental competence and the fact that he really is a danger to himself and others. I just don't know how, exactly, they'll do it – which is one of the things that makes this show so exciting.

nicklaino repped this.
  7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The camera framing during Chuck's tirade was amazing.

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Love seeing BB characters pop up. Chuck is a fake.

9. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The show is getting better and better. We learned how Jimmy became Saul. We are seeing the end of chuck eventually. We are seeing how Nacho will save his father from Hector no doubt with the help of Mike and Gus. Finally Gus is now going to work with Lydia. Also how his hidden drug lab got started. Since Billions just end their season. They will probably bring Gale back for some episodes. Until he has to go back to filming the next season of Billions.

I think Nacho is becoming a great character on the show.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Nacho will most definitely figure out what condition Hector has and make it worse.

11. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I watched it again. I think the guy Nacho beat up was the same guy that Brian Cranston choked to death whose father had the baby furniture business Crazy 8s. Am I mistaken I think it was him?

yasik19 repped this.
  12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Breaking_Bad_and_Better_Call_Saul_characters#Krazy-8_Molina

Arciniega reprised the role of Krazy-8 as a recurring character in Better Call Saul. He is first shown in "Gloves Off," where he's shown handing a cash payment to Tuco at a Mexican restaurant prior to Mike and Nacho setting Tuco up to get sent to jail. Later, in "Off Brand," he is revealed to be having issues paying Hector in a timely fashion, causing Hector to order a reluctant Nacho to give Krazy-8 a beating.

13. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Funny thing about Nacho he is heavy into the drug business. Yet the guy seems reluctant to do things you have to do in the drug business. Plus he still works with his father who he obviously loves. The father has to know what he is doing. He must have gotten arrested for things in his youth. Funny thing was crazy 8s also use to work for his father.

That was a common thing during the depression. Families pooled their all their money together and started a business. So they would all have a job. That is how the cake boss business started.

In Germany in Berlin there is a big Turkish population. Most are very poor. Some also pooled their money together . They would start Turkish restraunts hiring only their relatives to work it. Love one of those places near the canal. Their tomato soup tastes just like the gravy we put on pasta. German Italian Restaurant suck. So I buy their lasagna scrape off the crap they call sauce, and put the Turkish tomato soup on it, and you can actually eat it without getting sick.

14. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We had a player he was a sweeper 16 yrs old. He was fantastic and his father was always at his games. Unusual for immigrants New in the country at that time the mother and father never were at games because they did not have the time because the family was poor and both had to work 6 or 7 days a week to support the family. They both obviously loved each other. The son was always very polite. This was in the 1970s one day they arrested the father for heroin trafficking. This was a well publicized arrests the pizza connection trials. His father went to prison for 30 years under the RICO laws. The kid was destroyed he stopped coming. Guys from the club try to find him. He had run away from home. I am walking through kings plaza about 14 yrs later. A guy in the upper mall called down to me by name. It was him now he is about 30. Still polite but obviously he was a drug user. I take him into cookies steak pub to eat. He did not eat much and he talked even less. After we said goodbye and never saw him again.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Another solid episode. Mike is so damn smart.

16. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time I feel like the show is taking off and being breaking bad good

17. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know a show is good when you get pissed at the commercial that says "only three episodes left this season".

I'm still interested in how they make Saul able to be who he is where he is with how well known he seems to be with other attorneys, Kim, Howard, etc...

18. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just bought the episode on Amazon because I hate commercials. Remember when he is digging using the metal detector. Tell me if I am wrong did he somehow find the body of the women's husband that has been missing for years? The hand was in pretty good condition for someone in the ground for so long? You put something that was alive in the ground in less then a foot from the ground. The stink with be very noticeable. So someone on the reservation would have found the body years ago.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Which woman?

20. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The women that told of her husband that disappeared the navy man when hiking? Or was it the body of the Good Samaritan.

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't help but get the feeling that the fit is going to hit the shan at some point for kim, and i'm really dreading it. also, every time she's on screen, i can't stop looking at the little twist in her pony tail. i think i may be weird.

Dills repped this.
  22. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually starting to despise Jimmy. Only in it for himself and his payout.

Damn, Kim. :(

23. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, that was hard watching him do that to such a sweet old lady. hopefully he's able to repair it next week.

24. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't buy the whole "Oh wait a minute, I should check on my potentially huge Sandpiper payout!" -- as if hadn't been keeping it in mind this entire time. Felt oddly inserted in order to have Jimmy be mean.

25. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually the girl at his old law firm did not explain or tell that nice old lady what the offer was. They had an obligation to tell how much money that offer was for. These people are old they wait and they die years from now. They don't enjoy the money now. So who makes the money latter those two law firms not the old people they did the suit for. I don't like the way him set her up either. But she has no urge to read the offer. So the other lawyer should have read it to her and explain it to her. Then she could explain it to her friends. It looks bad for Kim. She is hurt she will lose the new account and possibly lose the other account. Because he is friends with the guy from Texas. She should have given it to another law firm and got 20 percent for doing it. Felt bad for Nacho he had to tell the father. It came out he was and is again working for Salamanca and was told to leave from his father's house. Good news is now jimmys brother and Howard hate each other. I think Howard will take jimmys deal in order to pay His brother the 8 million to buy him out. 8 million is nothing in this day and age. Howard should have had the money to do it from his own money if it was real.