Better Call Saul (Season 3)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by yasik19, Apr 14, 2017.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Great first episode.

I want to kill Chuck.

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty sure chuck will die of natural causes. I hope his girl friend is around for a while. I like her but no future with the show. I guess mike will meet Gustavo and someone else from breaking bad in the second episode. I have no idea who that other person is?

3. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe the other person is either crazy 8s or the guy Gustovo cut up with a razor. Just a guess iT might be someone else.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    It was difficult to tell what Mike was up to in the beginning. Why was he looking to find a tracking device in the first place?

5. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the only way someone could've found him in the desert is if they'd put a tracker on his car.
    I'm pretty sure Kim's departure will be the final signpost in Jimmy transforming, fulltime, into Saul. And I'd be shocked if it came this season.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Sorry, was it the note on his windshield that implied someone found him?

7. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It said "don't" So mike knew who ever put the sign up did nor work for the guy he wanted to kill. Remember Mike when he had hair on the wiseguy show? Usually when you start to lose your hair you start to lose something besides hair. Look at Sampson or look at Gian Luca Vialli he was much better when he had hair when he was a player. ;)

8. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The story started 6 years before breaking bad started. So after this year they have another three years to go. I think it will end when Saul first meets Walter. Which also means their will be no interplay between Gustavo and Saul right?

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Who did he want to kill?

10. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hector Salamonka

11. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It not only implied that they found him, but 1) that they had actively tracked him; and 2) that they knew he intended to commit a murder.

Mike is smart and thoughtful and meticulous and generally one step ahead of everybody. In this case, though, someone is clearly one step ahead of him, which has Mike rattled.

Now it's a case of spy vs. spy as Mike tries to unmask whoever unmasked him.

Gilma1990 and bigredfutbol repped this.
  12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, and Mike was a cop. I never saw a cop that smart before. My ex son in law is a cop he was a real dummy.

onefineesq and usscouse repped this.
  13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I found, last season and now this early episode, that the Mike character is better watching than Saul. I like Kim but man she has some hard edges.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  14. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's an ambitious lawyer. And I don't agree that she has hard edges--she's a fundamentally decent person who has to push herself that much harder to survive and thrive in a pretty cutthroat world. It's not easy.

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Ain't love grand...:)

16. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think if I was Saul I would enjoy her edges :)

kcscsupporter repped this.
  17. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoy her edges as well ...

The way things are going I'll bet season 4 will wrap things up neatly. Vince G and folks would probably want to do a season 5 if it were feasible but that might be stretching things out a little too much.

18. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did everyone think about the "return" of a prominent character?

No, I'm not talking about Gus. Francesca is back!

19. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They also brought back the Latino that Gus cut up with a razor. I thought he would be in this episode.
    They think they have jimmy on what breaking and entering? I guess if he is found guilty he loses his law license in New Mexico. I think he was worried about his brother. So he forced the door open. No big deal. But that would be justice to chuck. Jimmy being disbarred.

I got to say one thing about Gustavo he is a worker not afraid to get his hands dirty going through the garbage to get a 25 dollar watch.

But if it happen Jimmy was disbarred. He could always manage one of Gustavo's chicken places.

If you guys ever eaten chicken cutlet parmigiana. This was a relatively new dish in Italian Restaurants. They never had it when I was a kid. It was always veal parmigiana. Then they raised the price of veal. So someone figured out let's introduce chicken parmigiana and maybe people will buy that, and they did.

20. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was up with Gus' reaction when Jimmy was driving away from his meet-up with Mike?

Did he somehow recognize the sound of Jimmy's jalopy?

21. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Ehrmantraut is my hero

usscouse repped this.
  22. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the implication:

1. He pegged Jimmy's behavior as suspicious after the trash incident
    2. He decided to continue observing Jimmy as Jimmy exited
    3. That entailed continuing his "cleaning" rounds, moving from inside to outside
    4. In doing so he observed Jimmy get into the passenger side of the blue car (Mike's car), then sit in conversation for a few minutes
    5. He then observed Jimmy exit Mike's car and get into another car (the yellow jalopy)
    6. This unusual behavior confirms, to Gus, that he is being observed by someone (Jimmy)
    7. This upsets Gus, who is a drug dealer and does not want to draw any unnecessary attention from anybody
    8. Gus correctly susses out that Jimmy is working for Mike, and uses the gas cap tracker to lure Mike out into the desert for...

What's not immediately or entirely clear is how Gus knows that Jimmy is working for Mike on this particular adventure, since Mike bought a brand new car in order to avoid detection. If it was Mike's old car Jimmy was getting out of... well, that'd be pretty easy, right?

That said, I'm sure this little detail is pretty easily explained, and will be.

So the short answer to your question: Jimmy's behavior showed Gus that somebody is, at the very least, on the scent of his "business." He does not like that.

Dills and Gilma1990 repped this.
  23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm not sure it's breaking and entering...but confirmation it was Jimmy on the tape, hence the reason to destroy it.

24. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    One of the fastest hours in television these days. Never a wasted scene.

Dills repped this.
  25. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the joy the above paragraph brought me. Grazie mille!