Best support for soccer in Canada.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DoyleG, Jul 27, 2002.

1. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Take your pic. It's reduced in choice given that I can only make 6 opitions to choose from.

If you have one that's better, post it and let me know.

Comments welcome as well.

2. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Im near Vancouver and theres alot of soccer fana there!!1

3. CalgaryMJ

CalgaryMJ New Member

Apr 7, 2002
    Calgary
    Sad

It's a sad statement when there are only these few cities to choose from when talking about supporting soccer (and I have to assume you're talking national team given the choices you've given). Is no surprise that pro soccer is having problems given the lack of national team games being played here. The USMNT served as a showcase for their top flight talent (most of it MLS) and gave the sport some credibility with the fringes.

4. concacafguy

concacafguy New Member

Jun 19, 2000
    Toronto, Canada
    WHY?!? WHY?!? why is Vancoucer more of a soccer hotbed than Toronto, which is a multicultural metropolis?
    I cannot figure this damn market of Toronto out.
    Although the only competive soccer now is the Lynx, and that might explain a lot of things.

5. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think it has to do with Vancouver filling the stadium whenever Canada played there (unlike Toronto), with the Whitecaps drawing consistently more at the gate then any other Canadian team (although the Impact is tops this year) and having the most local media coverage and credibility.

PS: 75 Southsiders travelled to Seattle for a game. Would fans of another team in another city do that as of tomorrow? Nope.