Best players this year--and next year

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by CANADA-AZ, Apr 15, 2009.

1. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    So how about giving everyone your opinion on who is the best players this year---and a prediction for next year--playing in the Eredivisie

Natually I will start--this is based on what they are doing today April-2009--not when the season started

This year--Dembele--Afelley--

Next year--Afelley Elia--Schaars

biggest bum--Makaay--I saw him 4 times--what a floater

2. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    how about Arnautovic??

3. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    For Ajax this year it's obvious....Debatable that he was the best player in the league.

Luis Suarez - 20 goals, 13 assists.
    People may hate him for diving but he produces for himself and creates for others. Has played most of the season on the wing but also did admirably when injuries and the loss of KJH forced him into playing as lone striker.

I think El Hamdaoui had a great season scoring 21 goals and assisting on 8. Kufo had 16 goals and assisted on 8.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You would say that as a Genoa fan wouldn't you! You haven't got him yet you know.

My top players this season:
    1. El Hamdaoui (AZ)
    2. Suarez (Ajax)
    3. Brama (Twente)
    4. Arnautovic (Twente)
    5. Schaars (AZ)
    6. Afellay (PSV)
    7. Elia (Twente)
    8. Dembele (AZ)
    9. Wijnaldum (Feyenoord)
    10. Douglas (Twente)

The irony being that most of them will probably leave the eredivisie this season, of course.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    El Hamdaoui has been the most consistent out of him and Suarez though. Suarez has had quite a few crap games this season.

6. feyenoord_for_life

feyenoord_for_life New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    agree but I doubt Affelay and possibly elia will be here next year

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Dembele's also a goner I reckon. It'll be another one of those 'let's bleed the Dutch league dry' summers.

8. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Next year-

-I thought Elia was on his way to Ajax-

-and I figure Affeley will stay one more year

Schaars has stated he will hang around for a long time

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Elia's off to HSV, that's almost certain. Elia has stated in public that he thanks the heavens for not having joined the Amsterdam snakepit when they wanted him in the winter!

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We also should have a "Rookie of the Year" award. I think one prime candidate for this would be Eyong Enoh who came from out of nowhere to cement a starting role in the Ajax midfield. Solid defensive mid who can also score.

11. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's too expensive for Genoa.

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You won't mind me saying that I'm pleased about that! We're hopeful he'll stay another season. By the way, very impressive season by your lot.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1. Schaars
    2. Suarez
    3. Afellay

Schaars is a true leader. Without him AZ would not be the Champion 2008-2009.
    Suarez is a very gifted player and Ajax depend heavily on him
    Affellay is by far the best PSV player.

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    About that. I don't understand the situation around van Gaal. If there should be any rumourse surrounding a person at AZ it should be him. What i don't understand is that a club like Manchester City are not pushing for him. What he did at AZ - getting into and beyond the traditional 3 - is exactly what they want, getting into and beyond the top 4 in England. They want to spend 100 million this and that, but without CL or even Uefa wich player is willing to go? A manager that is famous for creating winning systems is the answer for them. Adriaanse is free, so Scheringa should not stand in the way after the deliverence of the trophy.

---------

what i forgot where the best players next year. I think that if v gaal leaves for a next club, he will take the best of AZ with him, as he did at Ajax-Barcalona. So, no Schaars next year then. Suarez will be gone (Spain), Affelay will go to Arsenal i think.

1. Aissati
    2. Amrabat
    3. Elia

Aissati, has matured, become stronger and will unleash frustration next year +
    Ajax will be a strong site next year (champions 2009-2010 if v gaal leaves) so he can shine
    Amrabat is still very young and will become more dominant next year
    Big talent Elia's at a strong Ajax (his next club) must give him a great year

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    For the billionth time, Elia is off to HSV in the summer.

16. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Van Gaal has told them he is there one more year--then he will take Schaars--DeSilva--Martens with him

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Take them where? Van Gaal had two bites at the big time (Barca and the Dutch NT) and failed. He's good for AZ but i doubt he will prosper elsewhere. Schaars is a little too old and has had some major injuries. Where is he going to transfer to outside of the Eredivisie?

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm sorry but I have to interfere here. I'm no big fan of Van Gaal's personality but he is a great coach. He'd be brilliant at any club with a lot of young players and he's currently in the race for the Belgian management job, which again I think he'd be brilliant at. Van Gaal's limitations lie in dealing with established (read spoilt) football stars. He is in complete contrast with Guus Hiddink that way.

As for Schaars, I'm pretty confident he'd do well anywhere, when played in the right role. If Nigel de Jong is worth 20 million, then Schaars is worth much more as far as I'm concerned, as he's a much better alround footballer.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not disagreeing with you and beleive Van Gaal is perfectly suited for the role you outline above. Unfortunately, that's not the way things are in the leagues above the Eredivisie. Hiddink can be plopped down into any situation and you know he will get results. Van Gaal won't. It might be nice to see Van Gaal take over Belgium as they have a good lot of young players (3 of whom are on the Ajax game day selection). This would be ideal for him. Belgium are in a tough group for WC qualifying, would Van Gaal take over for the Euro 2012?

I like Schaars and think had it not been for the knee injury a couple of years ago, he would be on the NT starting 11. Nigel de Jong is not worth 20 million but then Manchester City are simply throwing money out there and seeing what it attracts.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Van Gaal was quite successful at Barcelona period 1. He won 2 titles, 1 Copa del Ray and the Sp. super cup. In his last year he came quite far in CL but his behaviour made people allergic for him. The biggest joke in football, was the Spanish spitting image portraying van Gaal as a puppet with a brick had. Every time I think of it, .....ooh so funny. So well put. His choice to return for a second time to Barcelona, just tells you, he really has a brick head, because the fans (big part of them) just detested the man. They really wanted him not to succeed, so he had to fight all those negative forces. I think the stupid choice was a result of being extremely disappointed and hurt after failing with Holland NT.

The failing with Dutch NT was a result of doing his next job with again the same players that did not wanted to fight for him anymore. It was a big mistake, but I think he has learned from that.

The way I see it, van Gaal is maybe the best coach in the world. Mourinho has had good results and he himself says van Gaal is one of the best and that he learned mainly from van Gaal. So why would I argue a guy who handles his business well. I understand van Gaals failings, I think he himself understands them also. He must go to a club that's oke with submitting itself to van-Gaal-rules. players that submit themselves to van-Gaal-rules. If everybody is oke with being and operating in line with van Gaal and his rules, magic can happen, as has happened at Ajax and AZ. AZ played beautiful football as did Ajax.

21. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    AZ can win the title today even with a tie, thats if Twente ties or loses vs Feyenoord.
    If AZ win vs Vitesse than obviously thats also good enough

Live stream here: http://www.rojadirecta.com/justin/guidatv