Best players of the noughties? ( 2000 - 2010 )

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by PuckVanHeel, Dec 24, 2016.

1. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That’s bit hypocritical coming from a guy who loves posting irrelevant gibberish and misleading info.

2. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t think a single thread you’ve ever started has made it to page 2(if it has it’s thanks to me)
    it seems nobody is willing to contribute towards your agenda driven threads.
    So kid be respectful to the only poster who is willing to give you attention

As the famous proverb goes:
    You shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds you

3. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And just like leadleader stated before, you’re a well known pathological liar LOL. Making up gibberish is also your thing I believe.

4. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just Take his balls out of your mouth now please already

5. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. darov81

darov81 New Member

FC Barcelona
    Poland
    Oct 5, 2017
  7. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The best to have played in the premier league and also the best premier league player

This was said in response to Graeme souness’s claim that David Silva is the greatest premier league player of all time
    Before that Alan Shearer said Sergio aguero was the PL GOAT
    LMFAO

so in an attempt to bring everyone back to earth Gary Lineker just reminded them who the actual PL GOAT was
    (Ie Cristiano Ronaldo the only player to win the FIFA World player of the year+ballon D’Or while playing in the premier league)

8. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #408 carlito86, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

@PuckVanHeel
    The consistency argument for Henry is pretty strong
    For roughly over a decade he reigned as top scorer in the 21st century across European leagues

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yes... we had that discussion here.... with me saying Henry should be ahead of CR7 for this decade as a whole... you don't have to convince me ;).

With the exception of 2006-07 he had the fortune to stay quite injury free, which few could say.

But the goals are only a part of the case for him. Henry always gave great credit to his team mates for his goals.

IFFHS elected by the way Van Nistelrooij as the 'goalscorer of the decade', and not his countryman Makaay doing well in above video or Henry, literally because of him having more goals (and assists, as an aside) as Henry at international level for club and country combined (in other words: a better Champions League record and better record in the big national team games). Yet, RvN has always said Henry is the better footballer anyway.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    How does Henry's goalscoring with club matches that of France? I know he's their top scorer but did he deliver in tournaments for them?