Best online resources for new coaches...

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Jan 29, 2018.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Heard the F license is no longer available. That said - what are the best online resources for volunteer rec coaches these days.

I would categorize the group as very enthusiastic - so they are willing to spend the time behind the keyboard.

I also have them shadowing A-C level license coaches during competitive practices at theire respected age groups.

2. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI,

I hold an E

• If you currently hold an E license: you advance to the D license by completing the cost-free Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module.

• If you currently hold an F license: you advance to the D license by completing the Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module, the 11v11 in-person course, and one additional in-person grassroots course, the 4v4, 7v7 or 9v9.

If you do not already have a U.S. Soccer license: you advance to the D license course by completing the Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module, the 11v11 in-person course, one other in-person course, and one online Grassroots course.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah that I read but right now these are just rec coaches - likely not going to go beyond the grass roots programming. Frankly I learned more from shadowing good coaches and having conversations then from any licenses I hold.

4. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you seen this yet?
    U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center

I used this site when I was coaching rec on my own

https://www.soccerxpert.com

5. VolklP19