Best fans in the world

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Tetsuo, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetsuo

Tetsuo Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Romania
    Who do you think are the best fans in the world? Please try to mantain your objectivity and use arguments to sustain your claim: coreography, songs, atmosphere (jumping, singing, flags, banners), match attendance, team dedication (fans that continue to support their team despite rough times such as a streak of defeats, relagation, financial problems etc) away attendance. You can also comment on the negative aspects of the fan or ultras movement such us hooliganism, violence, racism etc

My opinion is that in general the best atmosphere can be found at club teams in Argentina, Turkey and Greece, and the best national team fans are those of England. this is just my opinion and i may be wrong, but i will post some videos tommorrow to sustain my point of view.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Liverpool in Western Europe. Worst fans are Barca and Chelsea. Don't know and don't care about the rest of the world.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Definitely not Liverpool. From a national perspective then Scotland must be up there.

4. iranianturk8

iranianturk8 New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    va beach
    turkey of course has the best fans!

5. Tony the French

Feb 28, 2002
    French Rivieria
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Marseille : Best fans in latin Europe !!!

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Borussia Dortmund

7. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    Paris Saint-Germain no doubt!

8. siyam

siyam Member

Jun 9, 2008
    every country have great supporters group have full of passion, loyality...
    i will write the best ultras and groups in europe...

ULTRAS-NAPOLI (No need to words, just look at our attadence and support when we r in serie c and for away support, just search ultras napoli in rome train stadion last week)

Hajduk Split - Torcida (i went a hajduk' match and their support r wonderfull...specially their songs called 'Dalmatinac'...even i couldn't understand the words but i felt the passion, emotion and royality...

Red star - Delije ...(all my biggest respect to this wonderfull club...they have impressive football culture and one of the best phyro i'have ever seen it's from Delije...)

Lazio - Irriducibili - AS Roma - Opposta Fazione

AS Milan - FDL (i miss them) Brigate Rossonere is big shit...

GRADINATA NORD GENOA and CURVA NORD ATALANTA...

Juve - Fighters...and Viking juve..i know they r shit but at least they r the reason that fossa's end

Cavese - Acid boys (only for their wonderfull support even they r in serie c )

DYNAMO DRESDEN - i think we all europeans respect their fanatic support....

Ol. Marseille - Commando Ultra '84 ( they r so love in football and fantastic support every time and everwhere..they r really crazy )

and the others...
    bad blue boys - dinamo zagreb,leeds united - servise crew, ultras aslan - galatasaray, carsı - besiktas,Fenerbahce - kfy and gfb, rangers - icf, west ham - inter city firm, celtic casulas - celtic, Frankfurt - Ultras Frankfurt, Lech Poznan - Kolejorz, Paris St.Germain - Supras Auteuil, tigris...

p.s: there is no greek ultras or group in my list because they r not football supporters at all...and they r ruinin' ultras culture...

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No doubt.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The Turkish and Greek are great until it starts to look like they'll lose in my view as they're then typically stunned into silence. By contrast the experience I have of the Scottish is that they're great when they're losing and vile when they're winning (in terms of the way they treat the fans of the opposition). And I can't possibly comment on the South Americans.

Best fans of a country in my view are the Irish: always loud, great sense of humour, great sportsmanlike behaviour towards the opponent. Best club fans are probably fans of some long-suffering small side that we've ever even heard of. It's easy to be a fan of a big club in a big city like Liverpool. It's not so easy to be loyal to a club in that rarely wins any games let alone leagues or cups.

Best fans in Holland: why Twente of course. And that's official even as we were voted best fans in the country three times in a row.

11. Tetsuo

Tetsuo Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Romania
    interesting. i always thought Feyenoord fans are the best in Holland. could you post a video with the Twente atmospehere?

when i said i like argentinians, turks and greeks i ment the extraodinary atmosphere, the coreography, the singing.
    as i said in my post to be a great fan doesn't mean only o create a big atmosphere but to be supportive as well and here i agree to your opinion. i admire english fans from the 3rd or 4th league, that go to away matches in great numbers even though their team will probably lose and it's the same about other fans of infirior league teams around the world.

here are some videos from (IMO) some of the most fanatic suporters in the world (i'm talking about atmosphere)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBPoyXEOhM&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TunYxDkb9PI&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vJemzbsS1M&feature=related

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    :rolleyes:

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Feyenoord fans are very loyal and passionate but unfortunately there's an element among them that is scummier than scum. They have stooped as low as sending death threats to the children of their former manager (who invested millions in the club) for example. They sing about the raped daughter of their opponents manager, about the murder of a Twente fan by a Feyenoord fan, etc. In short, this is why they'll never win any fan awards in the NL.

Twente videos:

Celebrations in the Enschede city centre after we beat Ajax in the CL playoffs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5N2SEz6Nv8

Penalty shootout and celebrations at the Cup final 2001 in the Rotterdam Kuip - 35000 Twente fans against 10000 PSV fans (we're the fans in all red)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTM5i4xOz0A&translated=1

Our goalkeeper Sander Boschker gets a tribute in our stadium for playing more games than anyone before him in a Twente shirt (then 424, he's nearing 500 now). Special choreo for a true local hero:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViwbRzIVCY&translated=1

14. MechCAK

MechCAK New Member

Aug 18, 2007
  15. MilanOnlyMilan

Oct 24, 2005
    Lithuania
    Talking about national teams, Scotland and Crotia have easily the best fans in Europe (and probably in the world) in my opinion. Amazing away support, amazing songs...
    Allways thought that as a whole, Italy has the best club fans in Europe. You can find incredible supporters even in 5th division. What other European country have such a passionate fans in their lower divisions (or even elite division) from a cities of about 50.000 population like Italy, where you have Cavese, Barletta, Sambenedettese, Ascoli, Cosenza and others. Lots of European fans even "borrows" songs and chants from these small Italian teams.

16. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid fan's are the most intelligent ;)

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Everybody borrows of each other really. And talking of small towns, the Dutch club Heerenveen has a population of 30,000 and an always sold out stadium with a capacity of 25,000. The average Dutch attendance figure in the highest Dutch league is very near that of Italy's now, and considering the many stadium expansion plans in the Netherlands, will surpass Italy's average attendance figure soon.

I do credit Italian fans with being the first to do choreographies on the stands though.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    People don't go to games in Italy because the stadiums are from the middle ages and because bastards will beat you up. In a survey not too long ago over 80% of people asked said they did not feel safe going to watch live football in Italy. That's rediculous. It's high time there becomes an exception to the capital punishment laws in Italy and hooligans are given the death penalty for football related violence.

19. MilanOnlyMilan

Oct 24, 2005
    Lithuania
    Everybody borrows, but mostly from italians, and i am not even talking about fans of a big teams, just about the fans of these small italian teams from lower divisions. No-one comes close to the influence that italian fans have to the fans movement in Europe. You mentioned attendance figures of Heerenveeen, and that's great if they really have these numbers, but for me the quality of support is the most important thing (singing, chanting, choreographies, away support).
    And also talking about Italian average attendances, they just don't reflect the real situation. With all the restrictments, the average numbers are much lower than it really could be. Just remember last year, when Napoli had to play against Genoa behind closed doors . Thats 65.000 people that are not counted. I would say it's massive.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Serie A had the kind of facilities they have in Germany and England average attendance would probably be around 45k.

21. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Define best. To me, fans that are loyal, well behaved, colourful and create atmosphere.

The 'well-behaved' aspect rules out a lot of clubs (even if it is only the minority that causes trouble).

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What makes you think only Italian fans sing though? With all due respect have you ever been to a Dutch league game? Or indeed a German one, say Schalke v Dortmund? Did you click on any of the links given in this thread? It is pretty much a given in European football that smaller clubs typically have louder support as the big clubs have more new generation prawn sandwich eating we only sing when we're winning fans whereas smaller clubs rely more on traditional (i.e. louder and more loyal) support. Again Italy is no exception there.

Like I said earlier, the Italians did set a trend in European fandom in terms of choreographing and planning. But I find it weird when posters claim that the best fans are in their own country to start off with. You can't know as I'm pretty confident that no Italian channel shows Twente v Groningen just like I can't watch any of the smaller Italian clubs play in the Netherlands. And that's not even talking about the even lower profile domestic leagues in Europe.

I can list at least six Dutch clubs who are dramatically increasing stadium capacity over the next three to five years, including my own. And that's to keep up with demand. We doubled stadium capacity in the summe and already have 4,000 people on the new waiting list before the renewed stadium has even opened its doors.

23. MilanOnlyMilan

Oct 24, 2005
    Lithuania
  24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Is that what he said?

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He was bigging up the quality of Italian support so basically putting down the rest, so the answer to that is yes.