Best Concacaf Forward? Is it Suazo?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 9, 2006.

1. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CONCACAF forwards are lacking big time

Suazo seems to running away from the pack by a huge margin. Vela at number 2 is a lil too premature. At this point the premiere forwards in the CONCACAF still are Suazo,McBride,Wanchope and Borgetti.

2. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    place Omar Bravo, kikin fonseca, nery castillo, and bofo bautista ahead of borgetti

3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    riuz better than bravo? no way

4. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your crazy

Even a aging slow Borgetti has a x10 better impact than any of them combined.

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    your crazy, bravo scored like 9 goals in the league and is champion, bofo played amazing in the playoffs and is also champion, both bravo and kikin scored in the world cup.

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    ruiz on a top10 for 2006-2007 no way

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Alvaro Saborio and froylan Ledezma(CRns), both had good seasons on Europe, they did much better than Borguetti

8. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Considering Borgetti didn't get much of a chance to prove himself at Bolton, thats not really saying much.

Castillo sucks. And I dont consider him a Mexican. Fonsecas good but not better than Jared. Bofo Bautistas more of a playmaker, but in that respect hes a better player than Jared. Bravo won the Apertura with Chivas and was one of the top goal scorers in the league. He also scored in Germany. So yeah, Id actually place him higher than Borgetti.

9. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Yeah that Álvaro Saborío is not being mentioned alot and he does have his qualities in Switzerland and ain't doing so bad not.,But Suazo might be the best one at the moment , Things can change fast though.
    Bravo is shining , Vela? Who knows how he might do later on this year.

10. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Brian McBride, 7 goals in the English Premier League. (Top 20). Suazo is the best though.

11. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    Suazo has been the best forward of the year, he score 22 goals i guess, in one of the most competitive leagues of the world, the Serie A.

Other forwards performed really well like Mc Bride in the Premier League, but no doubt Suazo takes the first place.

12. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Let's see what the press says about Suazo (last performance)

Espn Deportes

David Suazo (Cagliari): 8
    Hace algo más que anotar los goles decisivos: se consigue el penal decisivo y luego lo transforma en gol. Como único terminal ofensivo sufre pero se la banca (a pesar de que lo maten a patadas) y todas las jugadas de riesgo del Cagliari llevan su firma.

It was recently said that there is no one player that affects hist team more in Serie A then Suazo. He is the heart and soul of the team.

Can anyone tell me if any other concacaf player in Europe has this much responsibility or control over 1 teams success.

No other player can even come close to his accomplishment.

This words are not made up but pronunced by the owner of Cagliari Maximo Cellino who refuses to sell him, regardless of the multi-million offers been sent his way. Family Jewels are no for sale.

Defending teams wether its milan, Inter or Ascoli , Catania can only stop him by constantly commiting fouls and trying to kick him sensless since they really can't stop him.

Is there anything else to say, I think not.

13. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006
    Suazo has been a TOP FLIGHT forward for the past few years , just now that he is getting all the press and love. So he hasnt been a one hit wonder, he has gradually improved his level of play ever since hes been in ITALY. Just sucks that he has not gotten the chance to showcase his skills in a bigger club.

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Interesting thread.

Yeah its ancient but thought it might be nice to resurrect. At the moment I guess it would be between the likes of Chicharito and Vela though Id throw Bryan Ruiz in the bunch. Shame he couldnt shine at Fulham before the relegation.

JJV1994 repped this.
  15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Will have to look on youtube for clips of Sanchez and Suazo. Outstanding the region has produced such quality strikers as these 2. Though I ponder why didnt they have as an effective for their NT. Did they just save their top form for their club team? Why havent we had a regional striker who was as consistent for his NT as his club (in that spectacular for both)?

16. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Current season has been garbage for Vela.but i think he's the best forward in Concacaf despite he doesn't play in that position with Real Sociedad.

I would mention Oribe Peralta before Chicharito.

LouisianaViking07/09 and jared9999 repped this.
  17. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ding ding ding ding!!!

Anybody think its Mr. Don´t tread on me?:ROFLMAO:

@JJV1994 ?

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #168 jared9999, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

When Hugo played for the NT, There was no gold cup(in its current version at least.) There was no Confederations Cup. Mexico did not play in Copa America yet. Played in 1993 and absolutely dominated!!

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He sure seemed to excel for his club.

Set a high bar that I dont think any present CONCACAF striker could look to outdo. When he was in Spain was it surprising at his goalscoring form? Did it lead to more Mexicans to play in Europe?

LaMascara repped this.
  20. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Surprising? Nope Hugo is the greatest Concacaf player ever. Arguably the greatest forward in Real Madrid´s history!!

Yeah it lead to other mexicans playing in Europe.

21. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It says something about a player when you pick him ahead of a player that just tied Dwight Yorke in UEFA Champions League goals :eek:!!

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Ok. I am just asking was it surprising to the Europeans or the Spanish when he was in world class form for Atletico and Real. Did they suddenly desire more Mexican goal scorers?

23. Eila

Eila Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    A few players went to Spain during that time. Javier Aguirre, Luis Flores, Manuel Negrete, Yayo and Chepo de la Torre, Abuelo Cruz all spent some time in Spain after the '86 world cup.
    Luis Garcia was the most successful. He had two good seasons for Atletico from 1992 to 1994. Scored 28 league goals.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess Tuca Ferretti commented that he had to talk Vela into playing for Mexico again. The dude is just to good for concacaf. Vela es mas grande.

25. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So everyone agrees with manuel84 that Peralta and Cheech are the top 2 in Concacaf?

I heard on multiple occasions that @ceezmad also thinks Peralta is better than cheech? Still feel that way brah?