Best Concacaf Forward? Is it Suazo?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    haha so true. anyway borgetti is done, in less than 67 days Borgetti will never wear the NT jersey ever again. Time to look to the future with Kikin, Bravo, Landin, Guzman, and Vela.

2. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was because he WAS a rookie in 2005 LOL... he came into that game with like 2 caps .... mistakes are easily forgiven & forgetten. But if your a regular and that mistake was made then your out of the NT. Talk to Greg Belhalter and he will tell you the same.

3. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    really so when was the second game then? 2010? ah no it was just 6 months after...so he in your eyes he went to rookie to killing machine in 6 months...wow

4. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    6 months is a LOOOOOOT of soccer. Onyewu needed even less time than that to get acclimated to the National Team. the results seem to be favorable ;)

5. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Forgive.. but never forget.

6. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    i didn't know 4 games were considered a lot these days:confused:

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Well, Suazo finished the season with 22 goals and broke Cagliari's single-season goalscoring record -- previously held by the legendary Gigi Riva -- in the process.

There is simply no other CONCACAF forward who can hold a candle to him currently.

8. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    well if one of those games is against a team that considers itself near the top of the world.....yes it is.

9. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree, breaking Calgari's club record for goals is a very impressive feat. How much better is he than the other top CONCACAF striker? Who knows for sure, if at all, but his performance this year gives him the presumption of the best that must be rebutted that much is for sure.

10. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Guatemala, Costa Rica, T & T..that made Onyewu go from rookie to experienced

11. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006
    Yes currently you are correct, all HAIL to KING DAVID SUAZO. It will be interesting to see where he ends up now. Im very curious and hopeful that he can showcase his skills in a much bigger spotlight. I think it will be inevitable for him to stay with Cagliari this is there best chance to actually make a profit for the club and for the owner. Right now he is at the top by himself but will see how long he can stay up top.

12. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    wasn't one of Gooch's first 4 games with the National Team against Mexico? i consider Mexico to be better than the USA and Gooch kept them under wraps pretty well.

13. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Mnyeah...goochie kins did aight.:p

14. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    really?..he almost slammed his head on the post...:p

15. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    haha that is a funny image

16. chadu

chadu Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Come on guys, Borgetti is not a good player.
    His moves are so obvious...he is just like Alvaro Saborio

1. Suazo
    2. Kikin
    3. Froylan Ledezma

17. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Well, nobody was really claiming that Borgetti is great, however he can capitalize and score.

18. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Borgetti and McBride are great center forwards, they dont have flair and score in droves but they do all the little things good forwards must do for their teams and they wear down the opposition.

I rate them both ahead of many many CONCACAF forwards because of those intangables they bring to their clubs.

Its not all about beating your man of the dribble and scoring a golazo.

19. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    True, what good is it if you spend 90 minutes juking the defense when you miss more than 70% of the shots on goal. Efficiency is key.

20. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006
    Yes i do agree Borguetti and Mc Bride are very good forwards i would put them top 6 or 8 currently. Suazo has earned his dues and lets not forget though a forward can do all the little stuff but his main objective is to score GOAL's if a forward is not scoring you best believe he will find himself on the bench usually. So it doesnt matter how you get them but you gotta put it through some how.

21. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh i definatly agree. goals are your job id you are a forward, but so are creating goal scoring chances and holding possesion. Thats were Borgetti and McBride excel. Their ability to win 50-50 balls and knock down headers to their strike partners and thei amazing ability to score off set plays with their heads. Are there any 2 forwards in the world as good in the air as these two? If so it cant be many.

Neither will ever be confused for being an exciting scorer, but they are among the best in the world in what they do.

Suazo's 22 goals for Clagari in Serie A IMO places him at the top at the moment. But if i had to go into battle i dont know if i would take him over McBride or Borgetti..love to have one of them and Suazo..that would be ideal.

22. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006

They are all forwards with totally different styles, but i would put it this way in a closed match where the opposing team is not going to give you any type of space you will have to rely more on the headers and set plays probably so certaintly Borguetti and McBride would be very good in those situations. Now in an open game where the opposing team will have to attack you and give you room to run then of course that is where Suazo would excell the best. Either way I have seen Suazo's play several games with Honduras and even though he may not have scored a lot of goals because of him a lot of goals have been scored because he sometimes is doubled team and also because teams foul him in the penalty box because he has blown past the defender. Either way Suazo is the real deal because in Europe aside from scoring goals the fans love the moves and runs and individual moves also because it is also entertainment for the fan.

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    How many assists does he have?

24. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006
    How many assist does who have, Suazo? um couldnt tell ya amigo. Look it up and let me know

25. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    i wouldn't say Suazo is much for deceptive dribbling but he's the best CONCACAF forward by virtue of his pace and the fact that he knows how to use it. i think Jeff Cunningham could've been this type of player had he gone to Europe (i still think he should've been given more of a chance with the National Team anyway) but we'll never know. Suazo was a stud vs. Juventus and not many strikers are able to score against them.